test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you only had 2 Character slots.....

reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
Hi guys, just wondering if you only had 2 character slots, which classes are currently sure to win in aspects of the game both solo and in a party? The question is which classes are capable of totally from level 1 to 70 able to handle everything thrown at them?

Just asking about your thoughts on this subject, any suggestions to rebalance classes are also welcome!

Comments

• Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    . . . . . . . I'd roll 2 GWFs - one Half Orc and one Human
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    GWF(best solo class IMO) and DC(always welcome in any group content)
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    If I only had two character slots, I would still go for the same two character classes I started out with. First an HR because I wanted to run around pinging arrows at things...and people, then a CW because I liked the idea of being a Wizard hurling around bolts of magical energy. I never gave a thought to which class was the best solo capable option, I went for the class I wanted to play in an RPG game setting. What other reason is there for playing characters in an RPG game ?
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    GF and CW. They're easy to solo worth while in nearly any party, and fun to play. They also have multiple build options so you can change it up if you'd like.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    GWF (IMO the best) and a GF.
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    i would roll a gwf, then a dc just for the sigil, delete the dc afterwards and roll a cw :blush:
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    By sheer cost, these are the cheapest to play.

A. DC, you will be fairly useful fairly quickly and alot of the buffs, other then power sharing, are already built in.
    B. OP, they can still tank and they do not need alot , Ive tanked CN at 2.4k i level before.
    C. GF, they require more, but you really just need to invest alot in defense , to get ITF up there, you are super grouper man with this.
    D. SW, damnation line, requires a buff group, but they will do a load of damage with the fewest amount of investment, compared to other dps. I have only r8s on mine (with a trans fey) but who cares about the SW, the purpose here is to get the buff group to get your pet hitting 500k every swing.
    ALL other dps cost a pretty penny. Investments into tens of millions of AD, to be anywhere competitive to play with them.

In terms of farming, nothing really beats a GWF, I play every class, and every class can do all content, but for solo farming purposes, GWF is king still, you will whip through all weeklies in seconds basically. You can wipe the campaign list off ect ect. Second I would state is a TR, as you can simply go stealth and skip fighting stuff.

This doesnt mean that any class cant do it, its just simply put, a GWF does all that stuff much quicker.

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I would roll a drow TR, and call it a day...one slot needed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    If I only had two characters slots... which I did only have a few weeks ago, now I have five slots... I don't know. The order creation of the characters I've created is the same in my sig image. I started with an OP and HR, then added the SW, then the DC and finally a CW. I still have the two fighters, GWF and GF, and the TR left to create. Yes, I plan to create one of each class eventually! :)

At this point if I had to pick two of the five... well DC would be one for sure, the other... I really don't know, some I haven't really played enough yet to know. I haven't even really played DC a lot yet, but I must say I do look forward to playing her! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    CW!
    CW is for love others are for bugs!

And a DC.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    GF in the first slot. OP in the second.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    reposterz said:

Hi guys, just wondering if you only had 2 character slots, which classes are currently sure to win in aspects of the game both solo and in a party? The question is which classes are capable of totally from level 1 to 70 able to handle everything thrown at them?

Just asking about your thoughts on this subject, any suggestions to rebalance classes are also welcome!

GWF and then TR/OP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    obsidiatryxobsidiatryx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I'd still go Healadin and TR. Love them!
    --------

Benyr d'Lawgood - 3.2k Healadin - Build
    Blackruby d'Fallenangel - 2.2k TR (PVE)

--------
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    GWF and DC. Probably only play the GWF, but I'd get the DC to 60 for the sigil.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    TR and ... probably TR. No problem doing all the solo stuff and I'm just not very good with other classes.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Not so with the elitist attitude you find in NW. These days you need a guild if you're a TR, because /lfg won't take you. Pathetic really.

LFG is still a thing? Next thing you'll tell me is Zone and Trade still exist... I haven't had to use any of those, pretty much ever... Not since the very beginning of Open Beta anyway. Tell you what... I don't feel like I've been missing out either.

Anyway - for me, if I had ONLY two slots... I'd make a CW and a TR - my two favorite classes. If I had 4, I'd make a DC and a GF, since they're my next two favorites. All the other classes, to me, are for farmer alts - but to each their own!

Post edited by kvet on
  • Options
    spike#5569 spike Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Love me some tankin'. Gf and op.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Whichever the two least broken classes are, but I mainly invoke so it's moot any ways :p
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I don't really know how that happend, but:

1 half-elf Hunter Ranger trapper
    2 half-elf Hunter Ranger combat

And then again I'm not that much of a guild member or party entertainment. Mostly solo. And Hunter is. Just. It. Sneak in and try to survive what ever nasties await. If I need help, I pretty please somebody. And I help on please. I feel Cryptic has put together a nice bunch of classes. To each their own.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I suggest a support class and a DPS class. Guardian Fighter and a SW are fun to play. It'll really depend on your play style. Do you like up close melee or ranged combat? Support roles, do you wanna be a tank and get the HAMSTER beat outta ya or a healer to stand back and keep the party alive? Let us know what roles interest you and we can suggest a class :)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    None. If I could only have two, I would find another game. My OCD just wouldnt allow me to enjoy a game if I couldnt sample all the various options.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User

None. If I could only have two, I would find another game. My OCD just wouldnt allow me to enjoy a game if I couldnt sample all the various options.

I wish my OCR would work like this QQ.

Personally i would go for GF and DC, both is always needed if u build an amazing de/buffer out of them. Why go with 5 players when GF/DC de/buffs can make it like having 15?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    My 1st was GF then GWF (main since I made him). But thats coz i love melee. If you like range then SW/HR and DC. DPS and tank/cleric (if they add bard probably its going to compete with them as buffer) is good balance.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I found DC to be easier than my CW
  • Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    I started with GWF. Ended up playing a CW that I created as my 4th class. I'd start with a CW. Then make a DC for the sigil and delete it to get a GWF.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)