test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2.6 IL - Can I survive as fury?

btlowerbtlower Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hi, as the title suggests, I'm seeking your thoughts on whether a 2600 IL SB warlock can survive as a fury. Much of what I've read suggests that it is best to wait until 3000 IL before respec, but I'm curious as to how much damage I'm going to lose. I'm still making my way through the process of getting the various boons, so I do a mix of solo and guild party play in CN, edemo etc.

I've managed some nice hits as a Damnation using TT, SS, and KF and I'm drawn by the thought of higher hits with fury and murderous flames.

Thoughts are much appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    yes pretty easily. dot and move. Dont hit with Kf until the mobs under half health or you are uber buffed.

Tab

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Yes, some of those posts you saw where previous to the elemental evil changes i believe so that puts damantion before and fury now a bit closer, about survival life steal works far better in fury than in damnation so you should have it always in mind. Now is it worth at 2.6k il? no, i am 3.4k and i cant beat same il damnation in cn, using a Pure dread, so i would say stick with it a bit more, out of CN is another story in most cases fury is superior.

• pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    How can fernu with only a few hundred IL more hit so hard then?
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    2 cents. Bonding stones, active companion and party buffs.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @pr3stigex : @fernuu hits hard because of the party buffs he receives. The enormous party buffs cause wonky interactions with many SW abilities, resulting in crooked damage numbers. :smile:

SWs need to understand there really is no magic ilvl to switch from damnation to fury. Damnation is way better than fury if you're soloing or in a group with little to no buffs. Also, if you're at, say, 2500 ilvl but you have maxed companions, bondings, etc, you are far better off than another player at 3500 ilvl using an ioun stone and random artifacts/enchants/utility slot rank 10+ enchantments.

@btlower it is easy for me to survive as fury. Very easy. However, many other people do struggle, especially around the ilvl you mentioned you are.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

How can fernu with only a few hundred IL more hit so hard then?

fernuu said somewhere on the forum that his damage was inferior to damnation in CN and what you see in his videos are usually premades that clean a room in a second, he can control his powers as a damnation cant control the puppet so well, but the results would still be close to that.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Damnation in CN with GF+DC buff is out of hand, the puppet at max buffs deals up to 20 million hits and that´s normally hard for a fury to top, except you do the lucky punch one out of 10 tries.
    I did not even get this morderous flame bug happening in a consistent way, it happens rarely in my case, no clue why.
    The true dps of a warlock, without these bugs, is not that OP and you will lose against some classes.
    Warlock is a dps machine depending on bugs and the incapability of the devs to fix the class since two years.

Back to topic:
    1. encounter WB+DT+BoVA
    2. classfeature ACC or DtD and BT
    3. daily as you prefer TT or IS or Accursed souls
    4. some lifesteal
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @fernuu will likely tell you his massive KF MF hits are the product of teamwork (buffs), communication (lining up the buffs to occur simultaneously), and timing. The squad he rolls with dishes insane buffs/debuffs, hence the damage loop (broken, IMO) with murderous flames.

@treesclimber I would agree. Certain dungeons/skirmishes/raids cater better to one (fury) or the other (damnation). It also depends on your group composition.
  • btlowerbtlower Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thanks everyone. Got a lot to think about. @schietindebux no SS on encounters?
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    btlower said:

Thanks everyone. Got a lot to think about. @schietindebux no SS on encounters?

if soloing i don´t use SS, because i run DtD and refill my daily every group, the mobs die that quickly, no need or time to use TT+SS, i stick with Accursed souls or Spirits, doing heroics I would go for BoVa+DT+SS

Running dungeons i use DT+SS+ WB /HG for trash and WB+SS+BoVA/DT, but dungeons normally are lead by a tank, so no need for survival setup most time
    DT at 5 stacks = 60% DR-buff (to the ones that did not know) and you only get it constantly using ACC or WB
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Just like you all have mentioned, the kf/mf combo is only attainable with a gf. DC is not needed but will enhance the hit. It's all timing and rotation with the gf and lock. I have been running sb fury for about 8 months plus on the xbox and it's safe to say that most fury locks will not out dps a puppet lock with similar I level without the big hit. I am maxed now and can out dps everyone without the big hit but that's do to my time on my lock. Day one toon and maxed. I know every in and out of it. So I'd say switch to fury when you are ready to be annoyed by the inconsistent hits. Overall once you get high enough damage stats, it is very fun.

http://xboxclips.com/xRaw+Carnage/b83a52ff-7295-41ec-ac7f-f156e83c76b1
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    well surviving isn't that hard on fury, it's very easy, the problem is killing anything with fury, by the time our dots tick, all mobs are dead, also if there're no GF/DC, fury dps is very low
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

Back to topic:
    1. encounter WB+DT+BoVA
    2. classfeature ACC or DtD and BT
    3. daily as you prefer TT or IS or Accursed souls
    4. some lifesteal

these apply to fury?