test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siege event June 24th

timmorton#3368 timmorton Member Posts: 14 Arc User
First of all I would like thank anyone who was willing to set this event up and put their time out to help the pvp community. I think it was a noble act and hope that they try again in the future. This was my first time trying siege, and thought this event would have been a good starting point. That being said I am disappointed in the Siege pvp event last night. I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with the organizers or the players, this is strictly the queue system. We were unable to queue as a big group so had to queue as smaller groups. This made everything chaotic and I'm not even sure I played with any of the organizers as a result. It would have been impossible for the organizers to try and control with the queue system down. The way the queue system worked was weird and wrong. We had to queue in small groups less then 4 for some reason. When queued as a big group the queue never seemed to come up. When we were queued the numbers of accepted players kept jumping up and down. We would be kicked out of the queue at 38/40 with time left on the clock. Most of the time that we were kicked out we had to re queue manually as it kicked us out of the queue system altogether. Sometimes when we were removed from the queue system some of the queue party were also removed for our queue group and had to rejoin. I'm not sure if any other groups had the same type of issues or not? Would like to know. Please keep in mind that this is about the queue and not the event itself. I would like to thank organizers again for the attempt and hope they do this again in the future with a better queue system.

Comments

• opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Yeah we were bummed out that it didn't go as planned. It is inexcusable that the developer of the game would run what basically comes down to 4 servers. Meaning it would make it virtually impossible for a full group of 20 in 4 q to play.

What was encouraging was that everyone played regardless once we had to break q party, and playere continued to q the following day.

Yes there were trolls in every game, but it did not discourage the effort.

We will try this again.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• timmorton#3368 timmorton Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I noticed that. My group continued to try and run it even the next day. I did not get stuff every time, but I had better odds of getting stuff then when I run domination. The effort the organizers put in to doing this was just awesome, I want to say thanks again. Count me and my group in when you run this again.