test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please clarify your intentions for The Foundry

nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
We've gone from zero to 10 quests for several weeks to 25 quests and now back to zero.

There has been offical posts saying that the last module caused technical problems for the Foundry followed by a post that said that these problems had possibly been solved.

That was several weeks ago, since then nothing.

Please can we have some offical clarification of the intentions for The Foundry, especially in the context of the new module due in August.

Comments

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    They removed mention of it from marketing materials. I think that's a pretty strong statement.... But they do own players a statement.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    I'm disappointed by the lack of response.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    someone asked the Dev to answer about the foundry here in the latest patch notes and he did sorta

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1217704/maze-engine-preview-patch-notes-nw-62-20160613a-3
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kvet said:

They removed mention of it from marketing materials. I think that's a pretty strong statement.... But they do own players a statement.

I found out about this yesterday, and I have been incredibly disillusioned and upset over it ever since. I've been here since the beta opened, spent tons of money on this game, and seeing that hit me really hard. I'm really hoping it's a temporary thing, but it's not looking good at this point.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    @terramak Has confirmed in the preview thread that they have a tentative fix for the publishing issue are working to fix issues with the search function. He also mentioned there is no definite ETA as to when those fixes would hit the live server. The Foundry community on Star Trek Online has informed me that their editor is up and running despite the advertising changes there as well. In fact, they had an issue that was resolved within a week's time after reporting it over there.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    I wonder if the advertising changes aren't because neither the 360 or PS4 platforms have a Foundry?

No sense advertising a feature of the game that is unavailable to 2/3 of the available platforms.
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    It makes no sense to keep an Feature alive that was dead already, especially if you must keep Xbox, PS4 and PC supported.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Folks, the foundry will be shut down eventually. They already acknowledged they won't actively develop the feature and now we experience it's even hard to keep the foundry up and running. Look how long it takes to get the republishing going after a module.

At some point there will be an issue that demands more time than they can spare. And that's when the plug is going to be pulled.​​
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Wasn't the issue with republishing a bug? One that a dev has confirmed progress has been made on. Also, they are apparently now working on fixing the search feature.

As far as I know they didn't state that no work would be done on the Foundry ever again, just apparently not this year. While six months of no development sucks, I really hope that next year they do some work on the Foundry to fix the outstanding issues. I also hope that the Foundry will come back online this year once the search and republishing issues have been sorted out.

I really can't wait to try out the Foundry, it was one of the major reasons I chose to play Neverwinter. I will be very sad if they pull the plug before I've even had a chance to play with it! :disappointed:
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i dont want to lose my list on my favorite founderies.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    If the foundry was being removed, I suspect we would see it on STO first. Theirs has languished alone and neglected far longer then ours, and they have yet to pull the plug conpletely. Even after their own console announcement.

I suspect we will simply see more of what we have now. Minimal maintenance mode, no improvrments, no real fixes, nothing new added, just enough attention to keep it running. This is how STO has operated for years, there is no reason to expect us to be treated any different.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

I suspect we will simply see more of what we have now. Minimal maintenance mode, no improvrments, no real fixes, nothing new added, just enough attention to keep it running.

Agreed.