test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dual Spec for balance?

kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
Ok, heres a suggestion. Give us dual spec to roam this content solo and in groups. Also it helps your balance issues and the whine about balances will stop (well not stop but lessen).

You can make 3 different paragon feat trees and 2 different paragons for each class and it gives us the option to choose witch path we play in solo and in partys.

No more medling with feat tree balance, cos we have to manage with 1 class path to play solo and party oriented gaming.

Tanks will be tanks and dps will be dps, and yeah if ya play a tank spec you are not a heavy hitter. If you play a healing spec you are not a dps either.

Ex.

GWFs get single target dps, off-tank and multiple target trees
GFs get tank, dps, and buffer trees
DC get dps, healing, and buffer trees

etc etc, you get the picture

And paragon path decides what you are good at, in the main feat of your class or balanced with all 3 paragon feat trees.

Problems solved, Thank you.

Comments

• kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    It means you can have 2 different specs, solo and group, dps or heal, aoe or single target.

No more whine about healers running dps or tanks running dps, now they have a valid path for them, and when you run as tank your tree is sht in dps.

tank is a tank, healer is a healer. Neither of them is a dps machine that is balance. and when you them the ability to do DPS in one spec its easier to balance them across other toons dps wise.

No more whine that tanks do too much damage, if ya gonna que as a tank ya better have your tank spec on in dungeons. And when in PVP better have that DPS spec on or you deal 0 damage.

And when you solo better have that dps spec on too or youll be grinding levels 10years straight, no more whine that it takes too long to kill mobs when soloing with a tank class.

Simple and effective. Dual spec does not balance classes out right but helps A LOT.

You cannot chance paragon feats at-will you make 2 different specs and switch between them, u cannot change them in dungeons or in PVP on the fly that would be madness.

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Only for VIP rank 12.
    This clearly has to be one of those "pay to" features.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The idea is simple. Let people can have two spec for what retraining token can change. What positive things I see from Dual Spec:
    1. Helping support classes to do solo contents.
    Dual SPEC would help DC, GF and also other classes for solo contents. People can have a pure dps spec for solo contents and keeping their support builds for the party.
    2. It will help PVP.
    It will also help PVE oriented players to have a PVP build. Those boons and feat here and there really help you to be a bit competitive in PVP. My MoF CW does little to non damge in PVP but I will not just change build for one match per month.
    3. It brings adaptability to your characters.
    When you are getting bored to play your class in one style and you could just switch to another paragon path or feat tree. Isn't it nice? Too bad we have two GFs want to run a dungeon? No problem, one can run tank and one can run dps, you just need a click. Too bad your OP is tank but we need a healer? No problem, I can change to a healer spec.
    4. It is something people willing to pay. Well, Cryptic will not do something for free.
    You may think people will buy less restraining tokens if they could have two spec. I see it in a different way, people will try to refine both of their builds. People will do a bit theory crafting too for have two good specs for the game play.

Post edited by flyingleon on

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    This again? As mentioned here, the short answer is no. And with consoles seeming to be top focus for Cryptic now, I would not get my hopes up either.
    25. Q. What about duel-specs?

A. it's a lot more work than it seems. No plans for it right now. Trust me, it's been brought up here and there. It's something we'd love to see, and get in game, but if we add it to the game, we want it to be a feature worth showing off to the players. So it will take time.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Can't find a single argument against dual spec...only those hardcore RPG dudes argue.
    "Once your points are set it's done, your choice 4ever blabla"
  • puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    D&D dual spec? I though that meant at a certain point you stopped being one class and started being another. Totally different from multi class or what your suggesting..... but that was ALOT of years ago :)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

D&D dual spec? I though that meant at a certain point you stopped being one class and started being another. Totally different from multi class or what your suggesting..... but that was ALOT of years ago :)

You can get 100% crit chance in Neverwinter. Tons of stuff in Neverwinter is just not possible in D&D so it really shouldn't be used as justification for keeping the devs from implementing common QoL changes that most MMOs have.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited June 2016
    A GF is defender, a leader, a controller and a striker atm.
    That is what you can do with a tank these days, d & d conform? Get real
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I don't understand why people want to play solo a Massive Multilayer Online Game??
    solbergx said:

I don't understand why people want to play solo a Massive Multilayer Online Game??

Because most people grind their dailies for campaigns solo.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    Read what flyingleon wrote about the benefits. Atm this would be a great help for healers and tanks.

If people are so thick not to even read, search or learn about mechanics/suggestions for better QoL, no wonder this game is going backwards.

This game is far from pure DnD so just stating "It does not belong to DnD" is a pretty dumb thing to use as a defense.

If implemented right, this ability would help the players and the developers, and anyone saying "it doesnt", don't even know what a dual-spec is and are purely going against it because they think its this:

-Adding to powercreep
    -Lets you be a CW and a GWF at once (near multiclassing)
    -Lets you switch the 2 specs, on the fly, anywhere.
    -Is multiclassing (mixing feats from other classes)
    -Its simply a useless feat.
    Etc.

None of the above apply to DS, again, read what flyingleon wrote.

Hard to implement???

It is not hard to implement (as stated in the Q&A someone posted), but because the classes are so far bugged it takes ages to fix them.

That is the reason, not that it is hard to make, they just cant say/admit openly (it seems) that they have bugged the class balance and mechanics to oblivion.

And neither its not hard to make a power switcher or a gear switcher. There is a program that does both in NWO but it is a 3rd party program and thus it will get you banned, so i dont suggest you use it.

So if people can make a power and gear switcher, how hard it would actually be for the devs to cook up dual-spec to be able to switch to another build via a button press? The stuff is already there to make it happen.

Dont believe everything a dev or a gamefirm tells you in Q&A about how hard something is, it prolly isnt but it cant be done because something is so broken/not optimal and has to be fixed before making new feats, thus making it "hard" to implement. Again, they cannot admit it.

But as mentioned in the Q&A dual-spec is not coming. At least not in sometime. Cos its "hard" to make.

Dual-spec is a feat worth "showing off"????

Showing off with dual-spec? Really? All DS has to do, is to get things done, nothing fancy, "Now you can play with your OP as a Healer or a Tank its just a click away", will do thank you.

You think it has to be some over-hyped-superior thing that makes your QoL so much better, "Wow!! look at that, arent we good to bring you this!". Yeah, you could not even make the power and gear switcher. Other people did it for you, clap clap, yippee, way to go. (it was asked on this forum by several people).

WE KNOW IT MAKES QoL BETTER WE ARE NOT DUMB. And by making it look a cool-super-feature you only point out that you think we are. It should be a basic feat in a MMO RPG that has classes with multiple builds.
    I respec a lot of times my builds.
    I would like to have two builds, a PVP and a PVE build for my warlock.
    Or a tank and a dps build for my tank, or a PVP and a PVP build ... whatever.
    There would be a benefit for PVP in case player could chose between two options.
    I never would step into PVP with a "glass-canon-build", and since PVP is nothing you can focus on atm, I just stay out.
    This dual spec is easy to understand and especially in a game with a small community it could be an improvement...but in case You like to stick with the opinion "once a sentinel, 4ever a sentinel" go for it.
    I have more issues about player changing their names ingame, than about the option to switch between two builds.
    clonkyo1 said:

kievitz said:

. . .

So, basically, you are saying that "Skyforge" profession/class/job system must be implemented here...
    Dont know Skyforge or its mechanics.

The basic idea of dual-spec is simply to have 2 different builds available to you within your class and to be able to switch between them, but not in combat, PVP maps, lairs or dungeons, For those youd have to select the build you wish to use and then entering a dungeon etc., your build will be locked while running it.

Nothing else to it, its quite a simple feature actually.

This is taken from WoWs dual talent specialization

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Dual_Talent_Specialization

" Once you have purchased dual spec, there are now two icons on the top right of the talent pane, representing your Primary and Secondary talent builds (for NWO it would give a second feats and boons tab). You are able to preview and alter your new spec until you are happy with it (similar to the talent calculators on WorldofWarcraft.com).[2] When satisfied, you are able to apply your new talent spec for each of your Primary and Secondary talent builds. The specialization icon will be the same as whichever talent tree you invest the most talent points in).

Select the secondary spec icon and activate the build. Now you can again configure talents, action bars, and glyphs.

Switching between talent specs takes 5 seconds, and all resource bars (mana, energy, rage, or Runic Power), except health are reset to zero[2] and some buffs are removed when doing so. Players cannot switch between specs during combat, in Battlegrounds (except during Preparation, before the battle begins), or in Arenas (no exception).[2]

To switch, pull up the talent pane, select the primary or secondary spec, and activate the talents. Once the 5 second cast is completed, your glyphs, action bars, and talents will all be restored to your other specialization."

The basic idea is to have 1 class with two builds at your disposal. So a Dual Build or Dual Paragon would be more precise and meaningful for NWO i think.

Specs are just the different builds/trees of your character, PVP, DPS, Control, Healing, Tanking, Single target, Multitarget and AoE, made with your paragon path and tree feats.

Ex. A class has 2 paragon paths, 3 paragon feat trees, with a HR these would be Pathfinder and Stormwarden paragon paths and Archery, Combat and Trapper trees, with dual spec you could use a SW/PF Trapper for single player content and PVP, while SW/PF Archery would be used in dungeons or use SW Combat for more survivability with LS in single player content, its your choice what 2 builds youll make.
  • willicoco25#6077 willicoco25 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    kievitz said:

If people are so thick not to even read, search or learn about mechanics/suggestions for better QoL, no wonder this game is going backwards.

This game is far from pure DnD so just stating "It does not belong to DnD" is a pretty dumb thing to use as a defense.

What is QoL?

I did not read anyone make the DnD statement - But I can see calling what you want "Dual Spec" confusing to those that play DnD - Maybe "Dual Build"?

kievitz said:

What is QoL?

I did not read anyone make the DnD statement - But I can see calling what you want "Dual Spec" confusing to those that play DnD - Maybe "Dual Build"?

Puravidacr brought it up.

QoL = quality of life.

Most people that are against it think that build decisions should be more permanent for whatever reason. IMO they're just masochists that argue against their best interests because reasons.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • willicoco25#6077 willicoco25 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thanks on QoL - I am familiar with it but never seen it used in a gaming forum.

I read what Puravidacr wrote - I can see the confusion too; plus made no mention of not implementing but only the naming convention.