test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alliance intimidation?

mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
Posting this here as not certain where it should go as we don't have alliances yet.

Basically on Sunday myself and two of our founders had a chat with a guild who supposedly were wanting to form an alliance, once the discussions advanced the leader of this guild got extremely abusive and threatening due to the fact that we dared to question what was in it for us and how he saw this working, culminating in obscenities and threatening our guild with destruction (lol).
Is this the new tier of drama we have to accept now, are the bigger guilds going to be bullying smaller guilds to obtain the helm discounts?
Its a very disturbing development and frankly time some folk got a life and realised its a game and we play for fun.

What are the rules and guidelines regarding this type of intimidation with the forthcoming alliance structure?

Its made my guys very nervous now about alliances (even though I feel they may be a good idea).
Anyone else seeing this sort of behaviour?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Some guilds are well known for this sort of behavior. My advice is to disregard them and move on. There are good guilds out there (exsilium reditum - shameless plug) that will treat everyone terrifically (with a side of Sarcasm at worst) until given a reason not to. Then you have some guilds who think they are hot sheets, tattooing everyone else in the game like npcs.
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Haven't seen it yet, but was expecting it to happen to someone at some point... Drama, should be in the title of this game somewhere... "Neverwinter, but alwaysdrama" From what I've seen on the PC side, alliances don't look to appealing at all... seems like a big waste of time when we need class balance, bug fixes, etc... Just curious what the drive behind alliances is for cryptic... more stronghold sales? I don't recall anyone asking for this feature... but see many QoL upgrades posted in feedback that would have made the player base much happier.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    You should just laugh in their faces and never speak to them again :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Depending on what threats were made, you may wish to report the guy to CS. They may or may not do something about it.

I certainly wouldn't ally with any guild that acts like that. We have had a few issues like that on PC, but Xbox is a whole different atmosphere.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The most important thing in an alliance is for the leaders of the guilds to be on the same page, have the same expectations & for them to get on.

The discussion phase is where you work out who 'not' to ally with - in that sense your discussion was a success as it told you everything you needed to know about them!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Get them to put the threats in chat and then screen shot them and report them to CS. Its kind of low but if they swooped to those level so be it. We dont need HAMSTER wanna be chest puffin baby diik guild leaders in this game.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Hatching a plan to catch the Douches on a public forum : priceless
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

Depending on what threats were made, you may wish to report the guy to CS. They may or may not do something about it.

I certainly wouldn't ally with any guild that acts like that. We have had a few issues like that on PC, but Xbox is a whole different atmosphere.

I think the two other guys present are considering that, some of it was personal against me as well as against the guild so considering options at my end.

There is no need for this kind of abuse imho
    Bottom line is it puts players off what could possibly be beneficial to the whole community and I find that rather sad.
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

The most important thing in an alliance is for the leaders of the guilds to be on the same page, have the same expectations & for them to get on.

The discussion phase is where you work out who 'not' to ally with - in that sense your discussion was a success as it told you everything you needed to know about them!

Indeed :)
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I would definitely report those a-holes.
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Report them. Also, put them on blast right here. Who where they and what guild? Theres no reason to behave like that on Neverwinter. We are mostly all adults on this game and since its release the mature part of the community have been weeding these scammers, cheats and pricks out.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kclowe said:

Report them. Also, put them on blast right here. Who where they and what guild? Theres no reason to behave like that on Neverwinter. We are mostly all adults on this game and since its release the mature part of the community have been weeding these scammers, cheats and pricks out.

Were not allowed to talk trash about other guilds on here, silly.( ;p btw there's actually about even amount of age groups playing NW, I run into many different types of people all the time hell Im only 16 I still consider myself a kid.)
  • Options

kclowe said:

Were not allowed to talk trash about other guilds on here, silly.( ;p btw there's actually about even amount of age groups playing NW, I run into many different types of people all the time hell Im only 16 I still consider myself a kid.)
    Indeed we cannot name and shame on here (rightly imho)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Gratifying as it may be, it would lead to all kinds of flaming & people using it for personal grudges - so yes, passing any evidence to customer services is the only proper way to handle these things.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox