test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wanderer's Fortune Not Working

arsenalatxarsenalatx Member Posts: 22 Arc User
When I first got this insignia bonus it was great. But after about 15 minutes of using it, it has stopped working completely. I'll kill an enemy, the "Wanderer's Fortune" text pops up, but a refining stone does not drop into my inventory. Has anybody else encountered this problem or know of a fix? I've tried using this insignia bonus on multiple mounts individually and it doesn't work on any of them anymore.

Comments

• Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Does it act in the same way as hoard enchantments, only so much per day?

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    arsenalatxarsenalatx Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    cscriv79 said:

Does it act in the same way as hoard enchantments, only so much per day?

I honestly don't know for sure. But I was getting dragon hoard drops after it stopped working. If there is a limit on how many you can get per day (and I hit the limit), then the limit is way too low but independent of the dragon hoard limit.
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Look to see if there is a cool-down of some sort on the Neverwinter Wiki, or Reddit
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    From what ive been told by my guildie is that it's better than hoard so I wouldn't label it like it, but note that you'll get 4% from the first one combo'd if you do another it only up's it 0.2%. As for buggy-ness give me a bit to buy or earn a Creasent Insignia to complete the bonus. :3
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Yea, they have a cooldown as well. It has been discussed on PC months ago. Best thing is to farm stuff on one char until stuff stops dropping then switch to another char and repeat.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User

From what ive been told by my guildie is that it's better than hoard so I wouldn't label it like it, but note that you'll get 4% from the first one combo'd if you do another it only up's it 0.2%. As for buggy-ness give me a bit to buy or earn a Creasent Insignia to complete the bonus. :3

1% for additional copies, not 0.20%
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    It worked wonders the first few days then it was more miss than hit. Still nice to have another source of RP.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    its random RNG factor thats all.

it always had a limit (of like 15 stones or something max) and that is mixed.. some days you can get a blue/pruple stone a few greens , then others its all grey and white.

However, if you multi class , like many of us, this is REALLY good, Ive been able to get some of my alts to epic on belt/cloak now.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

its random RNG factor thats all.

it always had a limit (of like 15 stones or something max) and that is mixed.. some days you can get a blue/pruple stone a few greens , then others its all grey and white.

However, if you multi class , like many of us, this is REALLY good, Ive been able to get some of my alts to epic on belt/cloak now.

@silverkelt is an altoholic, its really bad for him, I have strongly recommended to him that he joins altoholics anonymous to help him deal with his issue :p (In all seriousness, maintaining as many alts as you do is not good silver, cut down on a few!!! :p)
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    It's a really weird cooldown I think. I think the chance for a drop starts out SUPER high (One Hidden daggers killed 4 guys on my first attack of the day, and it gave me 3 peridots lol). Then each successive drop is exponentially harder to get..however the skill will still trigger for some reason. So if you keep playing, it will still drop stuff....but will take longer and longer each time. Also if you switch characters for a while and come back, the exponential decay of drop rates seems to be scalled back and you can start earning at a somewhat reasonable pace again.
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Are the refining stones bound to account or not bound at all?
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    of cause they are bound
  • Options
    acathlasjmacathlasjm Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    ddem0n888 said:

Are the refining stones bound to account or not bound at all?

Account bound. They stack with the Dragon Hoard drops.
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Except now you start getting union stones and lesser power stones and those types. Which are bound to account too. Previously when getting these from dread ring they would be bound to character. Them being bound to account now i had to start a new stacking zone for them in my bags and bank.

Otherwise i love the system and get tons of refinement with it for a while anyway. I run 3 mounts with the wanderer perk then switch it to something else later. At least they dont charge gold for unplugging insignias like they do enchantments.
  • Options
    iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    so far i find that hoard enchantments & Wanderers fortune works great after the daily reset, it keeps dropping then it starts slowing down in an hour or 2 depends how many enemies you killed. if you stop playing the character for sometime and come back to it later it will start dropping again, its kinda like the cool down has resets.
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • Options
    Either that or the cool down has a cool down.
  • Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    The PC guys have an interesting discussion about this here:

https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1214328/wanderers-fortune-bugged

There is even one poster who breaks down the suspected code (for you programmers or computer science guys) that may be involved. Although a goofy way to go about it, I believe it gives you everything up front and then you get nothing once the limit is reached. This essentially means it works the same as DH enchants with its ICD.
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    WF, is clearly broken, while you guys are right about the 30 second cool down and the fact that after it drops 50,000+ rp it seriously slows down drop rates, it is still broken, it's dropping a stone almost 100% of the time you kill an enemy, not 4%....so everyone should take advantage before they patch it!
  • Options
    Yeah Devs, no fixed needed here. Move along. Got 3 opals this afternoon plus a ton of other refinement. Nothing but Wanderer's Fortune.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I rescind my above statement. The last two weeks I have been averaging 2-3 opals and flawless sapphire a day among a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton on other feeder refinement. I alongside the wanderer fortune have 3 greater hoards equipt. Very very happy RNGesus
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    Best thing to help our RP situation in a long time. To OP I get the Wanderer's Fortune message pop and frequently give no RP.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    gamertothebone#5220 gamertothebone Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Does anyone know how being in a group or doing damage effects WF?

I had two on my DC last night, did 4 Epic Spider runs and got 6 total drops. Nothing was done on that character before the 4 Epic Spider runs starter so I do not think any kind of cool down should have been in effect.

Is this because my DC is support and does almost no damage?

After the 4 runs went and did dailies with my HR....got drops like normal. In 2 quests had more drops then the DC got in 4 runs of Epic Spider.

I realize a 4% is like a 1 in 25 and allows for a lot of RNG speculation but at this point there does seem to be some kind of tie between damage done and amount of drops.
  • Options
    Its based on you killing things so unless you kill it, nothing is dropping. Dragon hoards work the same I think.
    Guild - Excalibur