test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 8 Build? Help? Info?

garlaanxgarlaanx Member Posts: 116 Arc User
edited April 2016 in The Nine Hells
Hey guys. I started playing Neverwinter when it launched a few years back on PC. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play very long due to the PC I was running was bad. So I stopped. Well, I got the itch to try it again and I knew it was on the console. So I started playing about 2ish weeks ago. Went with the Warlock. I just had some general questions and was hoping for some help.

I'm almost lvl 70 (will get it tonight) but I am struggling with builds. Everything changes over time and I can't find any current info. I've looked on here, on youtube, everywhere and I can't seem to find any current info for the warlock for mod 8. It seems everything is from mod 6 or before. I did find some tidbits here and there but nothing really concrete.

I'm looking for a DPS build. As it sits right now, I'm just winging it on my own build. Hellbringer, Pure Fury Tree. Apparently this is frowned upon these days?

I've seen numerous people running Damnation or something of the sort? I'm not really interested in the Soul Puppet to be honest. I've been told he's "bugged" and does crazy amount of DPS atm, However, I just saw that they might be patching that..

I've ever seen people say about the "life steal nerf" ? What's the difference in it now vs then? Right now I wasn't focused on it at all but I've seen some builds still using i?

PvE Pure DPS build. I want as much damage as I can push (once I gear our of course, etc)

Is this build still working/useful?
https://youtu.be/i0fHPUPq95c

I like that set up with Soulbinder, and I might change.. but that build is from Mod 6... So is it still working as intended?

I've also seen the Vell Crowe's Damnation build that apparently is current for Mod 8? But it seems it's using that endless puppet? Really not interested in that tree at all, but if it's still producing the highest DPS in current game I might have too run it (unless they nerf it)
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/560594/mod-8-vell-crowes-soulbinder-damnation-build

Anyway, would really appreciate the help and insight. I know I'm stacking Crit first, then Power.. Armor Pen.. then maybe Life Steal? If it's working?

Also, just to add, I do like my custom build I'm rocking right now... But I just don't think it's 100% ideal, even if I gear out. I can probably produce more DPS with a legit build that's been tested, etc.
Forsaken World
Inferno Vampire - Garlaanx

Neverwinter
Warlock - Garlaanx

Comments

• ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    That's a lot of questions.. I recommend just going to PC forum and you can find answers on first page since I believe all major builds are posted and live with current discussions.

Short answer, bite the bullet and go damnation for easy forgiving max dps build. Once you're past 3200-3500 iL you can try fury or temptation. Til then you're just putting yourself at a severe handicap. Regardless of path, you should be running soul binder due to current game mechanics and greatly increased survivability.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I second what ftryda said. I understand your feelings regarding Damnation as I felt the same, but unfortunately until we get the class overhaul they have promised us it is in your best interest to run with it until you hit that 3200+ item level where you can then switch back to Fury. Also don't worry about them changing things, it is part of the game and when they change class structure and abilities they will most likely provide a free upgrade token.

As far as Life Steal is concerned: Prior to the nerf it would ALWAYS heal you for a percentage of the damage you dealt. It was extremely powerful and allowed higher geared players to solo content. Now life steal only gives a small chance to heal you for a percentage of the damage you deal, so players now receive far less healing that is extremely unreliable. Life steal is still the best defensive option for Warlocks, so slot Dark Enchantments in your defensive slots.
    Post edited by extremerugburn#9480 on
  • garlaanxgarlaanx Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Thanx for all the answers guys. I Re-rolled - Went Soulbinder with a semi-custom build, and I'm doing awesome DPS as well as decent surviveability
    Forsaken World
    Inferno Vampire - Garlaanx

Neverwinter
    Warlock - Garlaanx
  • snakp4ksnakp4k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Once you get the gear where you are soft caped in armor pen (60%)and no longer need darks to get there, then switch to fury. Your overall damage done will drop but the single target dps will go through the roof basically you become a boss burner. I have achieved this through a full set of elemental drowcraft(drowcraft enhanced with black ice). And once I was able to hit that I started stacking radiant and azure enchants. Just remember your are single target in fury not AoE, you will no longer be at the top of the damage done charts. But you will see crits upward of 200k-400k with SS. if you have any questions let me know.
  • luckyluc73luckyluc73 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    so can you share where you are at these days with your build? I am kind of struggling myself to figure out the direction to go. I have no Twisted items just standard Pact Set (both Epic) and both on the way to Legendary. I have for artifacts 3 Heart of Dragons and Sigil but looking to change to gain a set like Black Ice/Lostmauth or recommended?