test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: The Maze Engine

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
You turn the corner to find patch notes for our The Maze Engine maintenance on 5/3!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9945173

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    There have been a lot of patches on the pc to fix various issues...are those included in this or are we to expect another patch soon? I.e. Orcus set glitch, insignias being op, etc?
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options
    quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    are we also getting the pack that pc got, the maze pack?
    from pc
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a free pack for Maze Engine at the rewards claim agent.

It includes a green quality Mount, a green quality Insignia, a 50% off Special Mount coupon (24 hour timer on it), a scroll that will boost any character under level 60 up 2 levels or any character above 60 up 1 level, and some Stronghold vouchers.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    are we getting that as well? (was saving some zen for a mount if that was the case....
    just want all the info i can before it goes live.
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Can PVP queues be private and created to get a pre-made 5v5? If so, that would be awesome... I could see tournaments forming immediately.

If not, why not?
  • Options
    quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Guess well find out tomorrow....
  • Options
    dragon115xdragon115x Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Hmmm free and reduced campagin costs are nice, but how's about a refund then for those who have had everything maxed out forever now.... Sorry if it's out of place but.... Would be nice to have them astrals back...
  • Options
    larkias#2967 larkias Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Hmmm free and reduced campagin costs are nice, but how's about a refund then for those who have had everything maxed out forever now.... Sorry if it's out of place but.... Would be nice to have them astrals back...

Why would you expect to get your AD back? That's like paying 30K AD to rush companion training instead of waiting 18 hours, then expecting a refund on it the next day because the 18 hours are up...

I've got all my boons maxed except the 7th Tyranny one. I don't expect a refund and wouldn't want one. I paid the AD for the stat boosts and effects so I could use them. They've made gameplay easier and more fun, and sped the process up with each new boon, so I've gotten my worth out of what I paid for them. Can't get a refund on something you've already used :wink:

Think of it like a rush cost. And be honest with yourself; If you had known from the very start that boons were going to be free tomorrow, would you have waited all those months/year with no boons at all just to get them free?
  • Options
    Ummm it's not like rushing a profession or training. It was a "more mandatory" cost for campaigns. I am not a wallet warrior so I had to grind for astrals, when it wasn't even nearly as easy to earn them. 30k to rush compainion is a bad example. You never have to upgrade a compainion, but you need to get your booms and campaigns in order to not be behind and actually not struggle with Lvl 70. I was am sayin is this:

The first time astral costs were reduced for these I said nothing, hardly anyone said anything. But now that it's all free (for the most part) I think that people that HAVE been playing a year plus and spent a ton on boons etc should be refunded astrals. Don't dismiss another's struggles just because they aren't yours.

So to be clear, if you genie'd up then just paid campaign cost. That's fine, I'm only talking about the options for the cost of the campaign itself not any other resources spent into it. I mean wth would I expect to get the cost of my genies back???? Lol which I didn't even use for my campagin.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Temple of Tiamat

The chance of receiving a piece of Elven armor from defeating Tiamat when Tiamat Hoard Reclamation has reached Tier 2 has been increased to 100%.

So has the timer in Tiamat finally been fixed as well? I saw no mention of this. it's been MONTHS that we've not been able to get to anything past tier zero because it resets every day.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Ummm it's not like rushing a profession or training. It was a "more mandatory" cost for campaigns. I am not a wallet warrior so I had to grind for astrals, when it wasn't even nearly as easy to earn them. 30k to rush compainion is a bad example. You never have to upgrade a compainion, but you need to get your booms and campaigns in order to not be behind and actually not struggle with Lvl 70. I was am sayin is this:

The first time astral costs were reduced for these I said nothing, hardly anyone said anything. But now that it's all free (for the most part) I think that people that HAVE been playing a year plus and spent a ton on boons etc should be refunded astrals. Don't dismiss another's struggles just because they aren't yours.

So to be clear, if you genie'd up then just paid campaign cost. That's fine, I'm only talking about the options for the cost of the campaign itself not any other resources spent into it. I mean wth would I expect to get the cost of my genies back???? Lol which I didn't even use for my campagin.

I'm not a wallet warrior either, I grind for every AD I have but I wouldn't expect any form of refund and to be fair I've had many months of benefit from those boons. I was on a par with everyone else so it's not like others were getting a benefit that I didn't have access to.

This is the kind of reaction that could prevent Cryptic from making things free in the future. If every time they reduce a cost people start demanding refunds they may just decide to carry on charging! Add up your total spend for a character on boons. It's like what... 100k? That's spread over about 2 months if you're consistent.

For your average player that's a few days earnings & they've benefited from those boons for many months - how would you propose refunding your benefit as well as the cost? It works both ways.

Some people always find something to complain or feel hard done by about.

Edit: a funny analogy just occurred to me. Imagine you take the bus into town every day & have done so for years. The local council decide that to encourage more people to use the bus instead of drive they are going to subsidise the service & make all bus travel free from now on.

Do you think the council or bus company should refund you for the years you paid purely because new people using the bus get it for free?

It would be a ridiculous thing to expect. Both in that analogy and here in this game.

Just be happy that any new characters you create will not have to pay AD for boons.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2016

So has the timer in Tiamat finally been fixed as well? I saw no mention of this. it's been MONTHS that we've not been able to get to anything past tier zero because it resets every day.

Came to ask that very question... not very useful to have increased the teir 2 reward if we cant actually unlock tier 2...

• Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    zak3056 said:

Came to ask that very question... not very useful to have increased the teir 2 reward if we cant actually unlock tier 2...

We have to get to tier 4 in one day, problem solved... ;)

• Options
    It isn't a bus service, good analogy but a lil off. The transportation system is a service we have to pay if you want to use it, I can understand changes there, gas price etc.

This is something that should be adjusted in order to keep the older players of the game happy. At least a response from someone that isn't just a player would be nice. I think I asked a rather reasonable question actually. I didn't make demands,threaten, talk sh.., or anything, just asked. Before any changes were made it cost a few hundred thousand (3 or 4 if I remember right at least) astrals to boon and campagin up. That's not a little bit, not 100k for sure. They could always keep it the same, BUT because they decided to make it free or low cost now, I think it would be nice for a refund to set us all on an even playing field, which is why I asked about it in the first place. I mean if the price went up for everyone instead of down, is it not reasonable to think that some people might think it a little unfair compared to those that already had paid out lower....? Now we wouldn't charge the people that already paid, because that is poor practices and no business does that.... Afaik. But it is not unheard of to be refunded due to a price change, the world definitely works that way. So why not ask for dev intentions?

That's all guys lol
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Ah the devs almost never answer questions - lol. The place has to be burning down around them before you hear from them.

I've been playing for a year now and have all boons on 4 of my characters. I'm completely not bothered about a refund as I've been using those boons for a long time. In other words I've received the benefit I've paid for.

They've advertised the change for a while - since the mod dropped on PC, so a couple of months? That's more than enough notice for anyone who were working on their boons to hold off if they were that bothered about it.

Your core point is a comparison with new players getting them for free. Thing is if you play that way there's always going to be something that bothers you, be it boons, marks, trade bars, Leadership, Zen exchange, free bank slots, character slots etc.

Things change.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    winterpendragon#1811 winterpendragon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I feel the tiamat hoard reset really needs to be addressed what's the point of having it if we can't ever get anywhere with it. Also how many patches until the pvp leaderboards get fixed or when it will be balanced by item lvl?
  • Options
    karithmaedraginkarithmaedragin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I must have been looking at previous ideas for pc changeso because the paladin/cleric nerf and gf changes never happened. I also have not noticed a decline in stronghold costs but I could just not be noticing
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Stronghold costs have changed (except Influence which hasnt), Nerfs come in a couple of weeks based on comments online.
  • Options
    karithmaedraginkarithmaedragin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    null
    Like I said probably just didn't notice. Maybe if they did something similar to warframes clan system where research cost is based on your clan tier (which is determined by size/barracks). While it's easy to see how that could be abused at least low player guilds would have a much better shot at all the stronghold fun
  • Options
    unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Tyranny, diamonds, and fey. That's all that decreased. Not the killer, influence. I just don't get it, they don't even sell influence for zen in an amount that makes sense. Lower influence costs like astral! Rabble rabble!
  • Options
    faustzarfaustzar Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Tyranny, diamonds, and fey. That's all that decreased. Not the killer, influence. I just don't get it, they don't even sell influence for zen in an amount that makes sense. Lower influence costs like astral! Rabble rabble!

All the others impact a player directly, influence is "guild" currency, It also a measure to see who is really involved in the guild or just passengers, our guild run influence at least twice a day, depends on timezone.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Yeah influence is the key indicator whether or not we evict a guild member (and I bet we are not alone) if folk don't contribute in some form to the coffer now then its back to solo play or another guild who is happy to carry passengers they go.
  • Options
    xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    You brilliant developers call 10% a sale? 25% + is classified as a sale. You really need to bring your company to Texas and learn what sales and customer service is supposed to look like.
This discussion has been closed.