test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Starks of Winterfell warns you... Winter is Coming! Are you ready?

aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User

Greetings all!

The Starks of Winterfell are preparing for some exciting changes! We hope that you might consider joining us. First, the fun stuff.

We are immediately starting a costume contest in coordination with Lliira's Masquerade event. The winner of the contest will receive 100,000 refined AD. Second place will take 50,000 refined AD, and third will take 25,000 AD. There are no requirements. We expect that a lot of costume options will drop beginning with the new event, and the deadline for entering will be 2 days after the end of the event, which we're assuming will be at 10:00 AM PT (GMT -8). Costume submission guidelines will be released shortly. Take a screenshot!

A second contest will begin shortly that awards an entry for joining RaidCall. You do not need to speak if you do not wish, but simply joining the clan channel will give you an entry. The winner will get something exciting!

We have renamed most of the ranks, as you likely noticed, in an effort to focus less on gear score and more on demonstrated skills in the qualities of the game versus a number that you can buy. Here is a brief description of the new ranks:

• The Wildlings. Those who live beyond the wall, this rank is for any character below level 60. An awesome level player 59 is equal to a new level 5 player.
  • House Tyrell, Dungeon Adventurers. From Highgarden, their words are "Growing Strong." These are for PvE players who are learning the various T1 and T2 dungeons. We consider "Epic" dungeons as T2 dungeons for this purpose, Castle Never and Malabog's Castle will fall into this category.
  • House Targaryen, Dungeon Masters. With house words "Fire and Blood," these players have mastered the intricacies of several of the various dungeons. Proficiency in a specific dungeon is not required, but the ability to lead a team in more than one is. Understanding the mechanics of each dungeon, the various boss' weaknesses, and helping other players enjoy the dungeon is the mark of members of the House of the Dragon.
  • The Night's Watch, PvP Experts. The Black Brothers are sworn to protect the Seven Kingdoms from the terrors beyond The Wall. These players are those who wish to be known as and are recognized for their expertise in PvP above all else. Marion (@hugmedonkey) is the Lord Commander of the Watch. Speak with him for information about joining this elite group. Please note that this will not speak at all to your dungeon experience.
  • House Arryn, Class Experts. "As High as Honor" are this house's words, and they are the people who understand the best of each class. Being a member of House Arryn entails a responsibility to help any player maximize his or her potential in your class. People with alternate characters are not necessarily Class Experts in a new class, so you can recognize that a person in this rank along with his or her class is a go-to person for help on that class. Interested people can speak to any member of House Tully or House Stark. People will not be promoted into this House without their permission.
  • House Tully, Officers. "Family, Duty, Honor" are the words of Catelyn Stark's house of birth. The members of this House are demonstrated not only to helping other players, but coordinating guild activities, contributing above and beyond others, and spending a lot of time in the game. This rank has a lot of responsibility and expectations regarding the guild. It is not a rank for many people because of these demands. Participation in Raid Call using voice is required for this rank.
  • House Stark. "Winter is Coming." The namesake of our guild, the Starks are either the founding members of the guild, or people who truly enjoy the suffering of running a guild with over 350 players. Because this rank has unlimited power over Guild permissions, it is given out incredibly rarely.

It is important for guild members to note that we do not measure people by their rank. That is to say, someone who does not wish to be a Dungeon Master will not be promoted to that rank. PvP experts are people who *want* to be known for PvP prowess above all else. One cannot be known as anything other than a PvP Expert, like "taking the Black" in the Seven Kingdoms.

We hope you like what you've read and that you'll consider joining us. Winter is Coming: are you ready? Lannisters need not apply. :)
Post edited by aesculaepius on

Comments

• Options
    ianwiessianwiess Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Im a new level 60 and i love neverwinter, may I please be invited? Please besides me thinks I would be able to help the guild by not being obnoxious like Jeoffrey baratheon ehem Lannister also I am a bit shy so please invite me my character is a control wizard named jazamin coz the day i made her was my sister's birthday when i discovered neverwinter.
  • Options
    babyjmrbabyjmr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ianwiess i looked for you but couldnt find you. next time your in game just search us. We always have tons of officers on that can invite you. Look forward to playing with you.
  • Options
    terrydennisauterrydennisau Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Starks of Winterfell are pleased to announce that we have joined the Relentless Alliance
  • Options
    stonegaze1stonegaze1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hang on to your trousers guys its an exciting time for the Starks. We will be joining The Relentless Alliance . This will open so many wonderful new opportunities for us and meet many new friends. Ill keep you all updated as much as possible > I hope you will join us in the Open Forums to be held this weekend on Raid Call so you can grill me and Aelarito Beleg and Uhg and Renja with all your questions and suggestions . We are ready !!!! lol cheers Allena
  • Options
    stonegaze1stonegaze1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The Starks Of Winterfell .....Are you ready to fight for the North? The White Walkers are coming....WE NEED YOU !! to help us at "The Wall" to fend them off ........A Gauntlet Spot in our Alliance will be opening soon .. applications are open .. We are a 111 Ranking Alliance .. so if think you are up for the challenge email Uhg@terrydennisau for information.... Even Boltons, Lannisters and Targaryens are welcome.
    Post edited by stonegaze1 on
  • Options
    Really good Alliance with plenty of DF runs going as well as support when you need it.
  • Options
    The Starks Of Winterfell .....Are you ready to fight for the North? The White Walkers are coming....WE NEED YOU !! to help us at "The Wall" to fend them off ........A Gauntlet Spot in our Alliance has become vacant .. applications are open .. so if think you are up for the challenge email Uhg@terrydennisau for information.... Even Boltons, Lannisters and Targaryens are welcome.
  • Options
    hey i need to join a guild anyone please mu nick is archalbanian301