test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can someone help me out with HUD options?

thefixx2thefixx2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
All I'm trying to do is show my character name all the time in game. I know where the option is but it doesn't work and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
Esc, options, interface, the big blue button "HUD" scroll down to "YOURSELF" two options: show your name & show your life with a drop down box for both. When the drop down box is opened you get 3 choices. "mouse over", recently damaged and always. When I hover my mouse pointer over only the first choice "mouse over" highlights, but when I hover over recently damaged or always it highlights the big blue button CHAT underneath. I can not get the "Always" button to check, the dang thing only recognizes the chat options under the menu I'm trying to use. No matter where the main window is moved, doesn't matter because the drop down box is always over the CHAT options.
Can anyone help? or is this also happening to others?
thanks so much :)

Answers

• looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    I can reproduce your problem.
    But I don't have a solution though ;)
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Yes, looks like the UI is bugged.

Go to options-> interface, and click Save UI.
    In the game dir "Neverwinter\Live" find a file named ui_settings.txt, open it, at the bottom you will find a block like

pLooseUI { HUDOptions { Region Ground ShowOverhead { ShowEnemy OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE ShowFriendlyNPC OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME_CONTACTS ShowFriends OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowTeam OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowSupergroup OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowPet OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowEnemyPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE ShowPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE ShowTeamDamageFloaters 0 ShowAllPlayerDamageFloaters 0 ShowHostileHealingFloaters 1 } Version 1 } eNotifyAudioMode Unset }

Add the following line to the middle block:
    ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME

You should get this:
    pLooseUI { HUDOptions { Region Ground ShowOverhead { ShowEnemy OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE ShowFriendlyNPC OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME_CONTACTS ShowFriends OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowTeam OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowSupergroup OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowPet OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowEnemyPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE ShowPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME ShowTeamDamageFloaters 0 ShowAllPlayerDamageFloaters 0 ShowHostileHealingFloaters 1 } Version 1 } eNotifyAudioMode Unset }

Go back to in game options -> interface -> click load UI
    The end result should be:

Small note, you can have the game on while doing this, just alt-tab, so you don't waste time when trying.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    There is a lady who has assisted my guild, she is on vacation at present. She has lots of advice about setting up multiple GUI or HUD displays here on the official wiki.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • thefixx2thefixx2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    O------------M----------G ! First off I want to say thanks for these 2 things.
    1. Taking the time to even read my post
    2. Taking the time to give such detailed information.
    It worked PERFECTLY! and I really appreciate it. It took me a few minutes to figure out the coding, but once I did it was easy. But the best part was, you got me thinking of something even better for me and I wouldn't have realized it if it wasn't for your UI settings post. I am a returning player, and I had a previous character set up with all the settings I liked, so I logged in with that character, SAVED UI, then loaded UI with my newb character and it reset everything just the way I want it OMG! you saved the day for me, but most of all makes a WAY better playing experience for me. Then when I recognized what the lines of code were I noticed how to set the "show life always" setting as well.
    I saw another poster said their guild was having the same issue, I hope this helps. I copied what "MICKY1POO" posted but I'll also add the line to "show life" I hope this comes out readable and I hope it helps anyone else.
    Thanks again to everyone on this post for your help and thanks MICKY1POO, I wouldn't have fixed it without your help..
    ----------THIS IS THE LINE OF CODE YOU NEED TO COPY AND PASTE------------
    ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE

Below is what you should look for on your computer: Not sure why my system shows an extra folder, but I'll post it exactly how mine is:
    Neverwinter_en /Neverwinter / Live / ui_settings.txt (open this folder- ui_settings.txt)
    Scroll down until you see this: ( I will post *** on the line where you insert that line of code)
    This will show "your name" and "your health bar"
    pLooseUI
    { HUDOptions
    {
    Region Ground

ShowOverhead
    {
    ShowEnemy OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETOFTARGET_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETOFTARGET_LIFE
    ShowFriendlyNPC OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETOFTARGET_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETOFTARGET_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME_CONTACTS
    ShowFriends OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE
    ShowTeam OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE
    ShowSupergroup OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE
    ShowPet OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE
    ShowEnemyPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE
    ShowPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE

**paste here**ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE ***

ShowTeamDamageFloaters 0
    ShowAllPlayerDamageFloaters 0
    ShowHostileHealingFloaters 1
    }
    Version 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope this helps :)
  • thefixx2thefixx2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2016

micky1p00 said:

< snip >

Cheers for this. Works like a charm. It's a really old bug and I have several guildies wanting to do this. This should make them happy :)
    Magenubbie. Also just wanted to add, if your guildies still have problems, you can get someone in the guild who has the settings the way someone else wants, guildie 1 can copy his/her UI, then email it as a txt folder or drag drop in facebook etc. Then guildie 2 can drag and drop it into their Neverwinter Live folder and replace their old one, then they will have all the settings they want. Also, it's not permanent so they don't have to panic, as soon as they select Save UI again it will overwrite to whatever they want back. Hope that helps :)
  • treyu86treyu86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    micky1p00 said:

In the game dir "Neverwinter\Live" find a file named ui_settings.txt, open it, at the bottom you will find a block like

pLooseUI { HUDOptions { Region Ground ShowOverhead { ShowEnemy OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE ShowFriendlyNPC OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME_CONTACTS ShowFriends OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowTeam OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowSupergroup OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowPet OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowEnemyPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE ShowPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE ShowTeamDamageFloaters 0 ShowAllPlayerDamageFloaters 0 ShowHostileHealingFloaters 1 } Version 1 } eNotifyAudioMode Unset }

Add the following line to the middle block:
    ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME

You should get this:
    pLooseUI { HUDOptions { Region Ground ShowOverhead { ShowEnemy OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE ShowFriendlyNPC OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME_CONTACTS ShowFriends OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowTeam OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowSupergroup OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowPet OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE ShowEnemyPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE ShowPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME ShowTeamDamageFloaters 0 ShowAllPlayerDamageFloaters 0 ShowHostileHealingFloaters 1 } Version 1 } eNotifyAudioMode Unset }

Go back to in game options -> interface -> click load UI
    The end result should be:

Small note, you can have the game on while doing this, just alt-tab, so you don't waste time when trying.

thefixx2 said:

O------------M----------G ! First off I want to say thanks for these 2 things.
    1. Taking the time to even read my post
    2. Taking the time to give such detailed information.
    It worked PERFECTLY! and I really appreciate it. It took me a few minutes to figure out the coding, but once I did it was easy. But the best part was, you got me thinking of something even better for me and I wouldn't have realized it if it wasn't for your UI settings post. I am a returning player, and I had a previous character set up with all the settings I liked, so I logged in with that character, SAVED UI, then loaded UI with my newb character and it reset everything just the way I want it OMG! you saved the day for me, but most of all makes a WAY better playing experience for me. Then when I recognized what the lines of code were I noticed how to set the "show life always" setting as well.
    I saw another poster said their guild was having the same issue, I hope this helps. I copied what "MICKY1POO" posted but I'll also add the line to "show life" I hope this comes out readable and I hope it helps anyone else.
    Thanks again to everyone on this post for your help and thanks MICKY1POO, I wouldn't have fixed it without your help..
    ----------THIS IS THE LINE OF CODE YOU NEED TO COPY AND PASTE------------
    ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE

Below is what you should look for on your computer: Not sure why my system shows an extra folder, but I'll post it exactly how mine is:
    Neverwinter_en /Neverwinter / Live / ui_settings.txt (open this folder- ui_settings.txt)
    Scroll down until you see this: ( I will post *** on the line where you insert that line of code)
    This will show "your name" and "your health bar"
    pLooseUI
    { HUDOptions
    {
    Region Ground

ShowOverhead
    {
    ShowEnemy OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETOFTARGET_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETOFTARGET_LIFE
    ShowFriendlyNPC OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETOFTARGET_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETOFTARGET_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME_CONTACTS
    ShowFriends OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE
    ShowTeam OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE
    ShowSupergroup OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE
    ShowPet OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_RETICLE, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_TARGETED_RETICLE
    ShowEnemyPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE
    ShowPlayer OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE

**paste here**ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME, OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_LIFE ***

ShowTeamDamageFloaters 0
    ShowAllPlayerDamageFloaters 0
    ShowHostileHealingFloaters 1
    }
    Version 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope this helps :)

Hello guys, I have been trying to make this same thing but for my character life (i want it to show on top of my head my character life bar only when damaged). I checked the file ui_settings.txt but mine, when you reach the part you say here, it only shows this:

"pLooseUI
    {
    eNotifyAudioMode Unset
    }
    eaRegionScales Ground 0.664233
    bGoldenPathActive 0
    uiLastLevelPowersMenuAt 17
    uiLevelUpWizardDismissedAt 17
    iKeybindsVersion 3
    eHideConfirmDialogFlags SellUnidentified
    }
    "

So I don't have any HUDOptions part, so I don't know where should I put the line. On the other hand, for the life and when damaged, it would be " ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE" right? But how or where should I put it? Can anyone paste how the whole ui_setting text from that part should look like? thanks
  • treyu86treyu86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Ok i did it LOL

i made it like this for it to work

pLooseUI
    {
    HUDOptions
    {
    Region Ground

ShowOverhead
    {
    ShowSelf OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_DAMAGED_LIFE
    }