test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaigns Question

lmpmaflmpmaf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
So I am aware that a lot of the campaigns cannot be started till at least level 60 or later but Tyranny of Dragons is available to start at level 26. My question is as a lvl 24 (GF) who should soon be able to start this campaign, is it a good idea to do so?

When I was leveling the first character, I skipped the campaign because it all just looked far too overwhelming but I am wondering if I made a mistake now. If I do start this campaign now with my second character, I am hoping it will be beneficial for both leveling and just acclimating myself to the campaign process.

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses :)

Comments

• awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    It can't hurt, the campaign progression takes you to the same zones you'll be leveling in around the same time.
  • banqrupbanqrup Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    In the end, it will just help you progress through the TofD campaign faster (i.e. boons). However, with enough genie's gifts, you can just by-pass the unneeded farming of TofD campaign until you need Linu's favors. It was different months ago when it helped you get the BiS artifact gear. Not so much now.
    All that being said, if you're in a guild the coffer loves eating your TofD currency.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    banqrup said:

In the end, it will just help you progress through the TofD campaign faster (i.e. boons). However, with enough genie's gifts, you can just by-pass the unneeded farming of TofD campaign until you need Linu's favors. It was different months ago when it helped you get the BiS artifact gear. Not so much now.
    All that being said, if you're in a guild the coffer loves eating your TofD currency.

Not quite accurate. You can bypass until you need Fangs in the WoD portion there are no Fangs in the genie's gift trade, but because of the time lock of "Help/Assist the _______", that require 3 to 5 days for each, it is best to begin ToD as soon as possible. It takes 17-19 days minimum to reach the WoD portion of the campaign.

Dread ring is the only campaign that the Genie's gifts can make progress faster. There are no time gates.

Sharandar (the three zone currencies) and IWD (Reputation)both have currency bottlenecks that are not included in the Genie's gift exchanges. Running the Demon Hunter quest daily in IWD can reduce the bottleneck on reputation by half to 18 days from 36.

Post edited because I miscalled Fangs as sigils originally. So, where you see Fangs now, said sigils and the rest is as posted.
    Post edited by zephyriah on
  • lmpmaflmpmaf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well now I feel a bit more confused then when I asked the question. I guess when I hit 26, I will go pick up the quest and just try to do as much as I can as I level. Hopefully by the time I am higher level and can do the other campaigns, I will have a better grasp.
  • blizzardpenguin#4023 blizzardpenguin Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Actually, Dragon Sigils are part of the genie's gift trade (on XB1 anyways), so you could bypass most of the ToD campaign, until you needed Linu's Favor, so banqrup is correct. Maybe you mentioned the wrong item Zeph? Or had a brain-HAMSTER?...lol. Or is it different on PC?

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Genie's_Gift
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The answer is yes, get started on the ToD campaign, there is a daily quest from the harpers in PE, run them every day as you have time.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    edited May 2016

Actually, Dragon Sigils are part of the genie's gift trade (on XB1 anyways), so you could bypass most of the ToD campaign, until you needed Linu's Favor, so banqrup is correct. Maybe you mentioned the wrong item Zeph? Or had a brain-HAMSTER?...lol. Or is it different on PC?

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Genie's_Gift

Brain whatever, meant dragon fang. You can bypass all of the ToD portion but the time gates still apply, but you can't bypass the upper level WoD part that needs the Fangs (that I previously called sigils). No way to get the fangs without questing in Wod.
    edited May 2016
    lmpmaf said:

Well now I feel a bit more confused then when I asked the question. I guess when I hit 26, I will go pick up the quest and just try to do as much as I can as I level. Hopefully by the time I am higher level and can do the other campaigns, I will have a better grasp.

That's my fault. Simple answer. Yes, you should start as soon as possible. Best reason, you want as much done as possible before the lair's get added to Common Cause at level 60. And you should do all of the quests that you have unlocked. What I mean by this is after you finish Neverdeath, you will move on to Ebon Downs. Now the daily you get could be for either area, do both anyway. When unlock the third, do all three, etc. This will allow you to start building a surplus of currencies that will help when the lairs get added and you may not be able to complete common cause for some days. If you can do Common Cause, you will be ahead.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yep do it as early as you can - every day. The boons help a lot at that level and you should've achieved at least 3 by the time you hit 70. You also get a weekly quest (defend the portal) which gives 4.5k AD which is nice when you have all 4 campaign weeklies unlocked giving you an extra 18k every monday or 36k on 2 x AD.

Also run every single quest in Neverdeath, including those from the guys on the hill at the rear of the camp - this will give you an extra bag as well as a new title.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

Yep do it as early as you can - every day. The boons help a lot at that level and you should've achieved at least 3 by the time you hit 70. You also get a weekly quest (defend the portal) which gives 4.5k AD which is nice when you have all 4 campaign weeklies unlocked giving you an extra 18k every monday or 36k on 2 x AD.

Also run every single quest in Neverdeath, including those from the guys on the hill at the rear of the camp - this will give you an extra bag as well as a new title.

You are overlooking a weekly. Possibly because ToD and WoD each have one. Arcane Res, Biggrins, Red Wizards, Portal, and reclaiming the hoard. 22.5 K per week and 45 K in double.
  • neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    the new campaigns (maze engine/underdark) have an ad thing as well. One has a mission weekly in mantol derith, the underdark has a campaign task that requires campaign currency. Think that is 4500 as well.

Edit: the underdark is 4000 every 20 hours. Kind of a pia getting that much currency though for it
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I'd recommend doing them now and every day. I did when they first became available. At 60, trying to do something like Ghost Stories has been the biggest pain in the rear! What use to be a cake walk is now a chore. At 70 now, they're not a problem.

So, do them now, get them done early.