test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elven Battle Enchantment for GWF?

cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
Hey, guys!

My GWF is slow in combat... Painfully slow! I recently had the chance to update my mount to a Strider and the movement stat increased to 4k+, which improved the toons' response while in combat decently... Now, I don't know why, it's back to sluggish mode (same places and battles, different response).

So I am thinking of getting a Pure Elven Battle enchantment to increase stamina regen considerably to be able to sprint more frequently, as stamina drains kinda fast and its regen is ridiculous. This enchantment would allow me to move around a lot more to avoid big hits, which I think makes a Negation enchantment not a priority.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tested an elven on their toon?

Comments

• Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Hi Cesar,

Not sure what build you're using but a few GWFs I know have started using the Battle Fury power (Damage Buffs + Stamina Refill) instead of IBS.

They then change their feats around and put points into the one that reduces cooldown for Battle Fury. You can take points out of a couple of feats. I know one buffs damage from Encounters which is now unnecessary as all the Encounters are buff based and not damage based.

Also another feat (Student of the Sword?) seems fairly lame (increased damage resistance?) so points can be taken out of this possibly. Not sure if this equates to Resistance Ignored or not.

Anyway, to answer your question, no I have never tested the Elven. :)
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    @ddem0n888,

I use a mix of Lia Knowles and Lazalia.

Battle Fury's tooltip says stamina is refilled when first activated, so I would assume stamina is refilled only once while in combat. Do you know if that is the case?
  • Options
    That's correct but once you can get the cooldown reduced (10 seconds I think) its more than enough for the rotation. It only activates in combat which can be tricky. Its not like Daring Shout where you can activate it out of combat and run in.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Easier fix than changing up your abilities/feats have a buffing gf with you... lol
  • Options
    I wish they did a buff GF companion......I suppose that's what bondings do but you know.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    Elven turned out to be a not-so-good option for my toon, so I decided to switch to a transcendent negation... Boy oh boy!! While my toon is not as fast as a TR, it now responds to controller input better!! I'm like, what does a negation have to do with that??

Anyway, thought it would be good to share in case any other gwfs would like to try the Elven.