test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SIEGE PvP is dead

zayoozayoo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I am thoroughly angry. I have started to play PvP and of course, one wants the Lionsmane set for that.
But there seems to be no way to get it any more. Nobody plays it really. I have been trying to get into Stronghold Siege for 2 weeks now and
I have gotten in ONCE. At this rate. It will take me at least 6 months to get the set. Is that really what Cryptic wants? I don't know any more to be honest.
Why is it always the same? You put out new content, everyone jumps at that and after they got what the new contents has to offer, they stop playing it. Talk about sustainability here.
Give us better rewards and reduce the number of players to 20 maybe. That would at least help a bit or give us a completely other way to get the banners of the fallen. Like an exchange for Fangs of the Dragonflight.
I really don't get Cryptic's or PWE'S ideology. You are destroying your own content by this "Farm till you get the achievement and then never play again" mentality

Comments

• Options
    Or maybe just give us 2 banners of the fallen for every hour we uselessly wait in the queue. That would compensate...
  • Options
    picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    The queuesystem holds back interested players too. You can not queue in groups with members from different guilds. So all the channels with ppl who want play sh pvp in a style and with rules they want cant. If you queue and get the waiting for map state you cant leave queue anymore even if this state hold on for 20 minutes. Onyl way to go out is logout for some minutes or press decline at the accept/decline window, that causes everyone to kick out of matching process and sometimes out of the whole queue. If we get alliances it must be possible to queue sh pvp with groupmembers from different guilds.
    So the queuesystem need a good rework to do what it is designed for. match ppl to get into sh pvp.
    The accept/decline window is sometimes not seeable, because you deal with a merchant or similar modal dialogs. if you close merchant window you will be counted as decliner sometimes. The queuesystem is broken in many ways.
    Why not showing the number of ppl in queue when choosing the queue i want join?
    Why break matching process if someone is declining?
    And why the hell i can get banners only from sh pvp and not in exchange for something other?
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    there is a siege pvp? cool
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    the reason i stop play it was because i crashed from time to time. and when you crash you cant log back. my last match was spend 50 minutes there, then crash and log into protector enklave. no more.....
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Siege was dead on arrival.
  • Options
    zibadawa said:

Siege was dead on arrival.

Well many people at least got the set. But now, no chance at all
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    On a more serious note - it is one of the things which look good in a press release and dies with 0 dev time into it after release.

Like lots of the last few mods features
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Even on Xbox, it is so dumb with the companions that people can use. Wether it be shadow demon, rust monster, owl bear cub, etc... It is so dumb how hard it is to acquire the gear. They should change it to where you can buy it in the Trade of Blades. Siege shouldn't even be in the game. They should add more PvP maps and options to acquire the gear set you desire. That would fix it all. No more companions, server lag, frame rate drop, just a simple 5v5 different game mode. Or really anything besides siege. Ya know?
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Siege pvp was and is awesome. I love it. The problem is there is absolutely no reason to do it. The game is dying as a whole because the rewards are miserable at best.
  • Options

zayoo said:

I really don't get Cryptic's or PWE'S ideology. You are destroying your own content by this "Farm till you get the achievement or reward and then never play again" mentality

The entire game is based around this. Why do you think there's a timegate on campaigns? So they can say they create a month's worth of playing content every 3/4 months. In reality the actual content is less than a week's worth of time. That's how the game's designed. It's not like ESO where they can just push out huge maps worth 100h of playtime every 6 months. They can't afford it.
    That is not what I meant. We all not Neverwinter is somewhat of a grinder. No problem for me. But it is so easy to just switch out rewards or make a generally better reward system... If you design something that is just farmed for a month or so, then why do you make the rewards you get from it the best item available in the next 12 months or so ? That is just unfair.

• Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    siege is awesome. the main reason i still play really. it pops from about 3pm new york time daily. takes a while. also devs have FINALLY acknowledged theres a queue problem so we might see more pops
  • Options
    dodgo said:

siege is awesome. the main reason i still play really. it pops from about 3pm new york time daily. takes a while. also devs have FINALLY acknowledged theres a queue problem so we might see more pops

I am very sceptical about anything changing to be honest. Why not just create another way to get the banners?
  • Options
    healerthebeasthealerthebeast Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    OPs with owlbear cub active bonus using burning light kill everybody, make it worse.