test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact Weapons no longer activating Always Double Refinement at Rare and better quality

ironk93ironk93 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Following the Double Refinement event that ended May 2nd, Artifact Weapons ceased to have the Always Double Refinement perk in working order. Cause: incorrect purge of all double refinement following the special event. Resolutions: restore Always Double Refinement perk functionality and never again employ a universal Double Refinement purge command.

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    ironk93 said:

Following the Double Refinement event that ended May 2nd, Artifact Weapons ceased to have the Always Double Refinement perk in working order. Cause: incorrect purge of all double refinement following the special event. Resolutions: restore Always Double Refinement perk functionality and never again employ a universal Double Refinement purge command.

Was the item blue or higher?
  • ironk93ironk93 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Yes, both my main hand and off hand artifact weapons are blue quality on each of my two characters. On putting a refinement stone or peridot in for refinement, the reported increase is the same as the refinement stone or peridot would normally confer a non-double refinement item. Application of the refinement also gives non-double refinement points.
    edited May 2016
    ironk93 said:

Yes, both my main hand and off hand artifact weapons are blue quality on each of my two characters. On putting a refinement stone or peridot in for refinement, the reported increase is the same as the refinement stone or peridot would normally confer a non-double refinement item. Application of the refinement also gives non-double refinement points.

You do not get double for items, only for putting one weapon into another. That is the only thing that is always double and even then only if the weapon being put in says always double or is blue or higher quality.
  • okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    That doesn't work either. Today, I put 99 lesser refine stones into a green Longbow of Elemental Fire, and only got 49,500. Then I upgraded it to Blue. next I put the longbow on my Twisted Toxo (purple), and it said I would only get 42,521 points.

Both weapons are marked 'always double'.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    At blue rank 15 (which costs 42,000 RP) the refinement worth is 8,700 RP. "This is the Refinement Point worth of the weapon when fed into non-matching artifact equipment. When fed into another artifact weapon, the value is doubled. Starting from Module 7: Underdark, this value must be multiplied for another 2x but the artifact weapons' refining is no more affected by a double refinement event." http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_weapon#cite_note-5

So if it was level 15, you should receive 34,800 RP going into the same type all the time now, instead of 17,400 in the past which caused us to wait for the double RP events. You loose points by refining the green to blue to put into another weapon, the idea is you have high level weapons that you are putting into new weapons and as a bonus you get most of your RP back in return, not the other way around.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    okeephe said:

That doesn't work either. Today, I put 99 lesser refine stones into a green Longbow of Elemental Fire, and only got 49,500. Then I upgraded it to Blue. next I put the longbow on my Twisted Toxo (purple), and it said I would only get 42,521 points.

Normal refinement is to get 40% of the RP value, with double you get 80% of the RP value. It is working as it should.

Weapons do not work like regular Artifacts.
  • deiracheldeirachel Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    okeephe said:

This is not what "always double" refers to. Putting artifact weapons at or above rank 15 (i.e. the weapon being destroyed is blue) in artifact weapons count as double (you get 80% of what you put into it back out).

Putting artifact weapons in to artifacts or other artifact equipment does not double the value (you get 40% back). Putting refining stones/non-artifact equipment does not double. You get the points as per the item put into the artifact weapon (green non-matching 100, blue non-matching 300, etc. matching doubles) You can put an infinite number of lesser resonance stones into a an artifact weapon and still only get 2500 RP per stone; it will never change with the exception of a critical success