test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temptation: Rampaging madness or Burning guidance?

skuzmannskuzmann Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I am build up a Temptation SW and I am stuck deciding weather for my last Dread Ring boon i should pick Madness or Guidance. I know madness gives us 4000 power, lifesteal (big factor for soul bonding), and regen, however you need to stack it and it is temporary. Guidance does damage based on heals and is always active and since again because of soul bonding all attacks I do are a heal.

On another note, for Rousing Warmth in IceWind Dale boon, every time I heal with a potion it activates for my HR. Will that also work with my SW and Soul Bonding?

Thanks

Best Answers

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2016 Answer ✓
    as far as I know burniig guidance doesnt´work for a templock, but rampaning madness is ok for sure esp if you do exclusively PVE.
    When mod 6 launched burning guidance did work with templocks heals and crashed the hole previewserver, so it was fixed pretty fast causing crazy lags.
    About endless consuption, wich is overpowered in PVP, I can´t say if it also leads to high ammounts of spike heal..never tested
  • skuzmannskuzmann Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2016 Answer ✓
    Alright. Thinking on it now, if buning Burning Guidance did proc on all templock heals it would definitly slow/crash the system. I figured since I watched once that BG proc on an OP tab (guard mechanic) that it worked for templock also. Thanks for the help Schietindebux!

Answers

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    SW endless consumption is the way to go, pvp/pve, ls is far more reliable than a big amount of HP + BT and rampaging madness takes about a minute to come up, and lasts for 10 seconds if im not mistaken so in the end it's like 2% of your damage, pretty modest imo. This only applies if you can build a decent amount of ls, 20% should be enough, i respeced fury merged with temptation yesterday and now WB is always on my tray, i get in danger zones like magma in elol for example just to redirect the damage from WB.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I took rampaging madness for PVE, endless consumption is also nice getting big burst heals, but the are not shared with your group as far as I recognized
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Yes, that's true, but it's highly unreliable, beside my ls scaled easly to 35% after companion stacks. So i guess the answer is simple, it's all based on character evolution.