test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else having an issue with cooldowns not cooling down as fast as they used to?

rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
So I used to never have to wait for cooldowns when cycling through my encounters...I swapped my armor to the new stuff and now my melee is lagging...big time...When I cycle back to melee, I'll often have a 5-6 second cool down.

My rotation hasn't changed (Hunter's Teamwork, Hindering, Binding, Fox's) switch to melee (Fox's, hindering, oak skin, Careful attack)...rinse repeat...

Anyone else experiencing this?

There are some variables that might be playing into it, but none that stand out as having an effect on this...I changed up the following:
1) Got rid of Legendary Symbol of Fire and replaced with Mythic Sigil of Controller (-471 recovery)
2) Upgraded Wheel and Lostmauth's Horn from Legendary to Mythic (should have no effect)
3) Got rid of Elven Assault Coat & Bracers as well as Elven Raid Hood & Gaiters (-1483 recovery for a total of -1,954 missing)
4) I got the Drowcraft Coat, Dusk Raid Hood & Gaiters and the Elven Raid Bracers (+1733 recover, for a total of -221 recovery)
5) I tried using Thespian Potions (+1000 recovery) to negate the 200 difference and see if that affected things...it did not.

Overall, we're talking around 5k total recovery which is pretty much inline with what I had prior to the changes.

The only other thing, which would be weird if it were involved...in prep for the 2xXP, I had around 60 quests to turn in (Fire Pit and part of reclamation), now I have over 300 (all 4 zones)...for sake of 'what changed' arguement, I felt I'd include it. I didn't notice this on Thursday, but I definitely noticed it on Friday

Unfortunately, I already salvaged 2 of my elven armor pieces so I can't just swap for comparison just yet (I'm working on getting the seals back). Until then, I need to know if anyone else is running into this issue?

Thanks
Ney - HR (max item level)
The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited February 2016

So I used to never have to wait for cooldowns when cycling through my encounters...I swapped my armor to the new stuff and now my melee is lagging...big time...When I cycle back to melee, I'll often have a 5-6 second cool down.

My rotation hasn't changed (Hunter's Teamwork, Hindering, Binding, Fox's) switch to melee (Fox's, hindering, oak skin, Careful attack)...rinse repeat...

Anyone else experiencing this?

There are some variables that might be playing into it, but none that stand out as having an effect on this...I changed up the following:
    1) Got rid of Legendary Symbol of Fire and replaced with Mythic Sigil of Controller (-471 recovery)
    2) Upgraded Wheel and Lostmauth's Horn from Legendary to Mythic (should have no effect)
    3) Got rid of Elven Assault Coat & Bracers as well as Elven Raid Hood & Gaiters (-1483 recovery for a total of -1,954 missing)
    4) I got the Drowcraft Coat, Dusk Raid Hood & Gaiters and the Elven Raid Bracers (+1733 recover, for a total of -221 recovery)
    5) I tried using Thespian Potions (+1000 recovery) to negate the 200 difference and see if that affected things...it did not.

Overall, we're talking around 5k total recovery which is pretty much inline with what I had prior to the changes.

The only other thing, which would be weird if it were involved...in prep for the 2xXP, I had around 60 quests to turn in (Fire Pit and part of reclamation), now I have over 300 (all 4 zones)...for sake of 'what changed' arguement, I felt I'd include it. I didn't notice this on Thursday, but I definitely noticed it on Friday

Unfortunately, I already salvaged 2 of my elven armor pieces so I can't just swap for comparison just yet (I'm working on getting the seals back). Until then, I need to know if anyone else is running into this issue?

Thanks

I have not read your whole post yet so I might edit my post.

Just to point out your rotation could do some more damage, I am presuming you have Aspect of the Serpent equipped and buffed with points in the Trapper tree.

1st do not use Hunters Teamwork 1st in your Ranged rotation, it will use a stack of AotS (which will have 2 stacks attached to it which is more damage than 1 stack) which is better spent on a heavy attack like Binding Shot or Constricting Arrow or some such. Or even use a daily 1st in the ranged rotation for the double AtoS stack. As you use Hindering and Binding I would use those 2 1st then Hunters Teamwork/Fox`s Cunning in which ever order you prefer.

That way double stack of AtoS is used on Binding Shot, then 1 stack is used on Hindering Shot, Neutral stack and -1 stack of AtoS is used on Fox's and Hunters Teamwork.

As for your Melee rotation I would use Careful Attack 1st 1st for the double stack of Melee AtoS, if this is already up and proccing I would use Hindering Strike 1st for the chance at 1 or 2 stacks of Melee AtoS. I would not use Fox`s Shift 1st as this will use up both stacks of Melee AtoS and replace with 1 Ranged AtoS before you get to fire off your other Melee powers.

Of course if Careful Attack is up and proccing in a group format all this changes and I explained a lot of that in this forum already :)

To know exactly what your problem might be can you post some screen shots? A screen shot of your Feat Point allotments and maybe your stats screen.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Yea, don't get caught up in the ordering, I was just pointing out what i was using. The real key here is that what was working is no longer. I always lead with dailies then encounters then at wills and I also know the issue with fox's taking away 2 stacks. Thanks though. I'll post a video, you'll see that I go through my ranged rotation, melee rotation, back to ranged (which is all cooled down) then back to melee and instead of melee being ready, it's got 6 second cooldown remaining.

Prior to swapping out the armor/upgrades mentioned above, I never had any cooldown on any of the rotations no matter how many I used. And no, there wasn't a cleric involved, this was solo content.

I'm also noticing that seismic shot is starting to bug out...I used it 2 times in Prophecy and it didn't hit a single thing despite everything being lined up properly. not sure if it's me or the servers or what...something aint right....
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
    Hmmm I don't suppose you have a high Crit build and have taken points out of the Feat which shortens Cool-Downs by 5% on a Crit?

Surprisingly I have found that Feat to be amazing when lots of Crits hit at the same time :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I have not noticed the cool down issue. I elected to add two points to Extra Action so I am unloading a daily often distracting me from a possible slow cool down. ;)
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • llegion7llegion7 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My cool downs got longer out of the blue this evening. Only thing that changed was joining a guild. Guild boons maybe bugged? It seems like swiftness of the fox is no longer working for me. I did Icewind Dale dailies with no issues. Was going through my rotation without any cool downs after cycling through ranged then to melee and back as was usual for my trapper build. Accepted guild invite, activated boons, and while doing quests in stronghold area my cool downs were way longer than previously. Changed no gear and no skills. Couple others have had this issue. Came across post in bug forum.
    Turn off the boons, and try each boon then a combination until you discover the symptom. I have not noticed a cool down but I may run more Recovery than most others.
    How odd, I noticed this for the 1st time last night. If I did not hit with Gushing Wound when I switch to Ranged my powers were still on cool-down. This does not usually happen and certainly not a few seconds cool-down which I saw a couple/few times last night.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    this was happening to me for a brief bit a couple weeks ago but It went away shortly after and it's been normal since
    I`m getting cool downs all the time on Ranged now, I`m wondering if it is because I respecced into Skirmishers Gambit.

I have asked over on the PC forum if anyone there has issues with cool-downs when they were not there before, I don't think they have any problems.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited May 2016
    I am not noticing the issue, except when there is game lag and/or a blown rotation.
  • mikeadamczykmikeadamczyk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ping/lag/bandwidth/position of the moon or sun/what you ate for lunch... It all affects this game. I do notice longer CD times in well of dragons, have since Tiamat launch.
    No issues here.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND