test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

coming back after almost 2 years

semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
So I just logged in today for the first time in almost 2 years on this game. I'm guessing a lot has changed but one thing I noticed is that although im.level 60 I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. Any tips would he helpful. And is my Perfect Plaguefire Enchantment still useful?
"So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris

Comments

• tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    the first thing you need to focus on is the "elemental evil" campaign this will get you some boons and some equipment and hopefully get you to level 70, along with that you can start working on the "tyranny of dragons" campaign,you can try and work on Bruenor Battlehammer quests both in PE and Mantol (something - sorry too tired to remember the whole name), then when you hit 70 or once you get better gear and are strong enough, finish off any sharandar, dread ring, etc or at least do weeklies in there to get AD, other than that it's been awhile so I am probably forgetting a bunch of stuff that maybe someone else can help you with, hopefully this gets you started at least (oh and go to Knox in PE he has the beginning quests for you) - I wish you luck and hopefully have been some help to you :smile:
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    You can grab gear (helm, armor, arms and boots) that scales with your level from 60-70 from both the Dread Ring and Sharandar stores for their respective currencies. Start with the R.A. Salvatore questline as soon as possible as it is an awesome story and great XP. The NPC is just to your right as you enter PE through the main gate. After that you can do the Elemental Evil campaign and any others you feel like doing.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I would say EE as well first.. its progression based.

perfect plague is ok, depends on your class and your build, but at this juncture before you gear up, it will do fine.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Ya its Perfect Plaguefire on a GWF that's basically built for pure damage (Stab it till its dead) but from what I can tell so far the enchantment is just as overpowered as ever since I hit my enemy a few times and my damage dealt basically doubles.

I did notice that I can't do dread anymore although I had done it previously and I seem to have lost my Sharandar progress and my Icewind dale progress too. Is that normal?
    "So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Do the Elemental Evil campaign first, this should get you up to level 70 and give you an artifact weapon set. Then you can either do some queued content for seals and gear, or start the Dwarven King storyline, then moving to the Maze Engine Campaign. Dwarven King/Underdark will allow you to earn currency for Drowcraft gear, which is comparable to the Elven gear sold for Protector's Seals. There are breaks in the Maze Engine where only one daily quest is assigned, use this time to work on the other 3 campaigns at your discretion. When you have finished Maze Engine, then return to either queued content or whichever respective campaign you desire. The older campaigns are now intended for level 70 characters and will re-appear once you attain the aforementioned level.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    1st and foremost , welcome back .

Find good guild which has no commitment/minimum commitment guild so you can access to guild lore and boons (0-8000 stats depends on guild structures) some even offer gearing help.

reason i suggest no commitment/minimum commitment guild : you will need spend some time on progressing on campaign and gears.

I would say easiest way is read through and try post on guild recruitment section i believe there be helpful guys who will drop you a message or two

What you want to know is

1. Guild commitment
    2. Guild Structure (boon) and guild hall level
    3. Advise/help offers if any
    4. Time zone/ active time

AS for questing my suggestion are similar to most of the guys up there

1. Talk to a aunt druid( cant remember her name) under a huge tree at Protector Enclave, she will you some quest to get some free gears and some daily quest for experience .
    2. start and finish Elemental Evil campaign as it will brings you to lvl70 once its complete
    3. do RA Salvatore quest line where at the end of it gets a free artifact

once reached 70 along with RA Salvatore quest line you can work on any other campaign.

This just my suggestion hope its useful
    Once again welcome back and have fun adventuring
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Well so far I haven't found any gear that's better than what I'm presently equipped with (even though it's obviously an old set) which is an ancient mulhorand blade and the Heroic Duelist set (for the HP regen when I use my Tab skill)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Any unbound epic level 60 gear you have, do NOT salvage it, stick it on the auction house, its legacy now so worth a fortune. (or you could always send it to me :p)