test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ban timer for epic demo

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
make it longer than half an hour please. it doesn't deter anyone and right now the queue for epic demo is BROKEN. everyone quits the minute they think they aren't getting gold. it's unplayable. As well as making the ban timer longer please let people come into formed games. if it filled back up again it might not be so bad. but as it is you're hosed when everyone leaves. either you leave too and take a half hour hit or you sit around in a game with two other people waiting it out. it's BROKEN.. really really broken.

Comments

• Options
    mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I'd rather they remove it altogether then to make it longer
    Right now the only reason to get gold is to get 2 twisted ichor and if you didn't get gold on the first run or know you're not getting it on the 2nd then there's really no point in staying
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Wouldn't it also be more player friendly if you could convert the ordinary into twisted? Maybe at a rate of say 100 to 1 but it at least would provide a secondary avenue for getting your weapons...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    if people didn't quit all the time just because it wasn't going to be a gold then the timer wouldn't be there in the first place. the thing is.. don't quit. play it thru. If you queue finish what you started.

and yeah they should also make it that twisted can be converted..
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Btw the main reason they quit is since you can bypass the timer by simply doing a few steps. :)
  • Options
    quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Make the timer account wide, not just character based. Make it 30 min to start but each Time you quit out of any dundgon increase the timer by 10 min up to a maximum of 60 min resetting each day.

Or let the que refill, yes.

To the quitters:
    So what if its not a gold finish? You still have a chance at the gold ring even on a bronze. I got 1 +5 on a bronze, and one from a silver. If you don't have any yet you probably would have if you finished what you started.....and 1 twisted ichor a day from a silver finish is better then none at all.

Did it take me over 35 days to get my twisted set? Yes. But by taking silver finishes I got it done.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

Make the timer account wide, not just character based. Make it 30 min to start but each Time you quit out of any dundgon increase the timer by 10 min up to a maximum of 60 min resetting each day.

Or let the que refill, yes.

To the quitters:

So what if its not a gold finish? You still have a chance at the gold ring even on a bronze. I got 1 +5 on a bronze, and one from a silver. If you don't have any yet you probably would have if you finished what you started.....and 1 twisted ichor a day from a silver finish is better then none at all.

Did it take me over 35 days to get my twisted set? Yes. But by taking silver finishes I got it done.

Ouch x.x 35 days.... I don't think ill say how long it took for me.
  • Options
    Mostly the ones leaving are undergeared noobs that just hit IL 2500 and are still sporting blue gear
    If the IL was raised to at least 2600 or 2700 I doubt you would see people leaving as much if at all
  • Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User

Mostly the ones leaving are undergeared noobs that just hit IL 2500 and are still sporting blue gear
    If the IL was raised to at least 2600 or 2700 I doubt you would see people leaving as much if at all

I actually see the exact opposite. Its the high IL players who end up bailing once they see 1 or 2 lower IL players in epic demo. Too many people have the attitude of "If I dont get gold then its not worth doing..."

They bail and the people who need the gear end up getting screwed over to the point on where they cant get geared. If they cant beat stuff they cant gear their toons, yet nobody stays around to help. OK well almost nobody. There are exceptions (but very few).

More to the point I am still fairly new at the game (only been a few months...) and I just only started epic demo a few weeks ago. I had no idea of its mechanics and the only way to learn them was to play. Yet I get vote kicked because I have never experienced them before... How is that ok? If new blood is coming into the game then players need to have the patience to work with them and teach them the ropes. Heck going into epics I had no clue and because of that I was vote kicked over and over again.
  • Options

I actually see the exact opposite. Its the high IL players who end up bailing once they see 1 or 2 lower IL players in epic demo. Too many people have the attitude of "If I dont get gold then its not worth doing..."

They bail and the people who need the gear end up getting screwed over to the point on where they cant get geared. If they cant beat stuff they cant gear their toons, yet nobody stays around to help. OK well almost nobody. There are exceptions (but very few).

More to the point I am still fairly new at the game (only been a few months...) and I just only started epic demo a few weeks ago. I had no idea of its mechanics and the only way to learn them was to play. Yet I get vote kicked because I have never experienced them before... How is that ok? If new blood is coming into the game then players need to have the patience to work with them and teach them the ropes. Heck going into epics I had no clue and because of that I was vote kicked over and over again.
    Other than the Twisted set there is nothing in edemo that you can get that you can get from Thrones or Madness
    If you're still sporting blue get and/or rank 5 enchantments then why wouldn't you get kicked? You're not giving out enough DPS
    Besides not knowing the mechanics shouldn't be a excuse no more when there are crazy tons of videos on youtube that explain what to do
  • Options
    if you are both wearing blue gear and rank fives you are not 2500 IL. no way. 2500 Il is not that low ranking. a mix of 2500 il and higher levels should be able to clear epic edemo fine if everyone is doing it right. the problem is this gold or nothing mentality. there are good things that can drop from edemo from any ending.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Today's release *should* alleviate some of the issues that people have with this, as you will be able to private queue with 9 other people your choosing, rather than just 4, with the other half being a random group. Granted, it will not fix the ban timer, but perhaps it will help prevent people from leaving as much if they are playing with their friends.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options

if you are both wearing blue gear and rank fives you are not 2500 IL. no way. 2500 Il is not that low ranking. a mix of 2500 il and higher levels should be able to clear epic edemo fine if everyone is doing it right. the problem is this gold or nothing mentality. there are good things that can drop from edemo from any ending.

The chance to get a rings is small, the chance to get a +3/4/5 are even smaller and even smaller the chance to get the ring you want, the only certain thing that is possible to get is a Twisted Ichor with silver or 2 with gold
    Mixing IL 2500 with higher IL shouldn't matter but it does, those blue gear/rank 5 enchantment aren't giving out enough damage and their survivability is limited and really just be hindrance to the rest of the group
  • Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User

Other than the Twisted set there is nothing in edemo that you can get that you can get from Thrones or Madness
    If you're still sporting blue get and/or rank 5 enchantments then why wouldn't you get kicked? You're not giving out enough DPS
    Besides not knowing the mechanics shouldn't be a excuse no more when there are crazy tons of videos on youtube that explain what to do

So advancing on campaigns isnt getting something out of it? How about the rings? Perhaps the books needed for the campaign drop somewhere else.....

Seriously, youtube doesn't cover everything dude. You can watch people do things over and over again but they are not you as a player. Your reactions are different. Your personal understanding of what your job during a fight is will be different. How you rotate your abilities is different. Gear is different. I know I cant act like a 3.5K+ toon when I only have a 2.5k IL. Oh no my artifacts arent the same as those in the vid which means I cant play like they do....

Youtube doesn't cover that kind of stuff. More to the point youtube cant give you a feel for those actions like actually being there. Does the pally have to tank demo during the first phase or not? Seriously, its a toss up.

So yes it is a valid point. If a player is unable to experience the fights for themselves then they wont know what is actually going on.

Oh and for the record you can get a purple armor set by doing those instances....

• Options

So advancing on campaigns isnt getting something out of it? How about the rings? Perhaps the books needed for the campaign drop somewhere else.....

Seriously, youtube doesn't cover everything dude. You can watch people do things over and over again but they are not you as a player. Your reactions are different. Your personal understanding of what your job during a fight is will be different. How you rotate your abilities is different. Gear is different. I know I cant act like a 3.5K+ toon when I only have a 2.5k IL. Oh no my artifacts arent the same as those in the vid which means I cant play like they do....

Youtube doesn't cover that kind of stuff. More to the point youtube cant give you a feel for those actions like actually being there. Does the pally have to tank demo during the first phase or not? Seriously, its a toss up.

So yes it is a valid point. If a player is unable to experience the fights for themselves then they wont know what is actually going on.

Oh and for the record you can get a purple armor set by doing those instances....

Oh silly me, I didn't know that you can only use Edemo to advance in the campaign, so I guess doing throne, madness and Demonic HEs doesn't count huh.
    If someone is watching a video and having a hard time understand that he need to hit the gold circles then they just don't need to be in there
    Any the only experience someone that's 'undergeared' is going to experience is dying over and over while being a hinderence to the rest of the group and causing other to either just stop fighting or leave the group
    Not everybody needs to have legendary or myystic gear but damn if you're still using rare gear then maybe you should rethink trying to do one of the hardest dungeons in the game
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    tbh they should give ur a reward regardless of what rank you get for people that stay in their
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Well with the new Queuing system the Ban timer will be a secondary concern I suspect, as most Guilds and the smarter players will do their own runs and the trolls and low level players will be able to console themselves with wasting each others time :)

Next thread up "I cant get into a run any run" lol
  • Options
    for hte elitists in this thread. I ran one today with a pug and only one 3200 in the group 2800 was the next highest with a lot of 2500's. no one quit. no one played stupidly. everyone did the right thing. and cleared gold with no issues whatsoever. IL doesn't matter as much as not being stoopid about it.

and yeah, since the queue change I've played epic edemo a few times. a few quitters but nothing like it was.