test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few questions about Guardian Fighters

toporoktoporok Member Posts: 27 Arc User
How do you get Gfs to drop guard? I have chased gfs across dom maps, they seem to have unlimited stamina, the only time they drop guard is to attack. They seem to resist break the spirit and even empowered sunburst if I am using it. The only way to beat a competent Gf is to hope it attacks while Astral shield is up when it does its rotation , there is zero room for error when fighting this class like fighting a Shocking executioner TR. When our team has a gf outnumbered I try and get combat advantage, but this usually results in the other guys getting rotated and its 1v1 again . How do other classes do against as geared GF? From item level 2.8 and above this class is deadly, incredible burst , incredible defense, where is the weakness.

Comments

• theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Depends on the build. Tacticians you won't see in PvP (mostly), Conquerers and Protecters you will see however. (Conquerer for the most part) aka the path most people use because it is "DPS" and what other people think is OP. Anyways, Protectors are the only path that can hold their shield up for quite some time. Usually for 35 seconds or more. I am a Protector. However being educated highly in this class, it also has a lot to do with the build/powers. A Protector tank slotted with shield talent and artifact power is shield talent increases maximum stamina by 15% and iron warrior can usually hold his/her shield up for more than a minute. However a Conquerer tank can have that slotted with everything being the same and the only difference being path, usually hold it up for half that. But, since we are speaking reality here, most tanks only think of one thing nowadays and that is DPS. The "One rotate" tanks don't have much stamina. You may notice they will try to get up in front of you so they can attack you with their rotation. Since all they have is Fray and perhaps some stamina gain, the best thing to do is let them do their rotation on you, and try to dodge it. Usually when he/she misses the anvil, crescendo and bull charge, that leaves you with an open opportunity to strike, while they into the fray, you have a little over a secend to attack. Guardian Fighters hate getting stunned. So rock something like a Dread, or Terror to shred defense, and keep them pushed away, and CC'd. I hope this helps.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • sara#4631 sara Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hey cannoli quit making my life more difficult.

Quit giving away the tips and trades of the GF

Ahaha
    sara#4631 said:

Hey cannoli quit making my life more difficult.

Quit giving away the tips and trades of the GF

Ahaha

SARA AHHHHH ahahah
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Toporock, hey good Dom fight yesterday. Apologies for jumping after those kills, but your cleric is quite powerful.....and I honestly didn't expect to get past your defenses.

Proteus is correct in everything he's said, as always. But I'll do you a solid and say what is obvious and deadly to all GF's. Drain glyphs.

I run pug games almost exclusively because premades always seem have them. And the only overloads I ever slot are the drain blockers regardless. It's to the point now that I run combat superiority and shield warriors wrath in pvp. I literally expect to lose my shield that fast, so combined with the conquerer capstone.....hit me 5 times and now my damage is high....before Fray.

Sorry Laser lol

Toporock, hey good Dom fight yesterday. Apologies for jumping after those kills, but your cleric is quite powerful.....and I honestly didn't expect to get past your defenses.

Proteus is correct in everything he's said, as always. But I'll do you a solid and say what is obvious and deadly to all GF's. Drain glyphs.

I run pug games almost exclusively because premades always seem have them. And the only overloads I ever slot are the drain blockers regardless. It's to the point now that I run combat superiority and shield warriors wrath in pvp. I literally expect to lose my shield that fast, so combined with the conquerer capstone.....hit me 5 times and now my damage is high....before Fray.

Sorry Laser lol

Thats a very great combo bro, and by the way, whats good bro!

Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• toporoktoporok Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    It is frustrating to know that the only solid way to beat a GF is with drains, its like having to spend 5m ad to get a trans elven just to compete with good hunter rangers.

On a different note what is going on with open world pvp in Iwd , I am getting killed at ranged from GF in seconds, Warlocks drop me even quicker, its a the point that I am done with open world pvp, and really I am just hanging on by a thread in dom.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Hmmmm there are a couple of GF's out there (one called Shield Strike) who are just a pain in the backside. Even with Trans Elven and high stats a decent GF will lock me down and kill me in 2/3 strikes... I need to play around with my GF as I`m trying to figure out what it is that obliterates me without me being able to dodge or deflect it.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Hey Proteus, good to see you back man....I'm still grinding towards 4 pieces of legendary artifact gear. I've got the main hand and off hand is at level 57. Should be upgraded tonight. Going to stack recovery in that slot because it's where I'm hurting the most. I'm happy with everything else thus far.

Toporoc, I'm not aware of ranged powers from GF's besides maybe a lunging strike, bull charge, crescendo, anvil combo. Not everything requires a Fray buff. I sometimes run that against high dodge rate toons in IWD. I used to have feat points in 'staggering Challenge' which makes the otherwise useless Griffons wrath viable after a crescendo. GF vs GF they never expect it, and I can't think of another GF that could survive a crescendo, 4 Griffins, bull charge, anvil......given equal-ish IL.

wdj40, Vs a GF I've seen dwarves with elven battle and an obvious Sylph companion mitigating control. That to me is a bad idea given that it only decreases the push back from bulls charge. Sweet!!! That means I don't have to walk that far to land an anvil. Maybe, just maybe they can get their shield back up really fast, but that just means a longer fight and I'm cool with that.

To be honest, the good GF is patient. Other toon types concentrate on damage and control. They think they are winning because the GF is losing hit points as a fight progresses. What they don't understand is that they are being set up. He drops his shield to 'mark' you, then raises it. Hits you with a tide of iron to further lower your damage resistance and get more stamina to raise his/her shield again. The whole time you are being debuffed and he is buffing himself. Then it's Fray and a 1-3 hit combo and you die. It's all a set up.
    What is that power the GF uses, that locks you in place then the animation looks like 3 Warriors coming down on you?
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

What is that power the GF uses, that locks you in place then the animation looks like 3 Warriors coming down on you?

Crescendo, and fun fact, it's actually 3 people wearing dragon born fashion. lolol
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

Hey Proteus, good to see you back man....I'm still grinding towards 4 pieces of legendary artifact gear. I've got the main hand and off hand is at level 57. Should be upgraded tonight. Going to stack recovery in that slot because it's where I'm hurting the most. I'm happy with everything else thus far.

Toporoc, I'm not aware of ranged powers from GF's besides maybe a lunging strike, bull charge, crescendo, anvil combo. Not everything requires a Fray buff. I sometimes run that against high dodge rate toons in IWD. I used to have feat points in 'staggering Challenge' which makes the otherwise useless Griffons wrath viable after a crescendo. GF vs GF they never expect it, and I can't think of another GF that could survive a crescendo, 4 Griffins, bull charge, anvil......given equal-ish IL.

wdj40, Vs a GF I've seen dwarves with elven battle and an obvious Sylph companion mitigating control. That to me is a bad idea given that it only decreases the push back from bulls charge. Sweet!!! That means I don't have to walk that far to land an anvil. Maybe, just maybe they can get their shield back up really fast, but that just means a longer fight and I'm cool with that.

To be honest, the good GF is patient. Other toon types concentrate on damage and control. They think they are winning because the GF is losing hit points as a fight progresses. What they don't understand is that they are being set up. He drops his shield to 'mark' you, then raises it. Hits you with a tide of iron to further lower your damage resistance and get more stamina to raise his/her shield again. The whole time you are being debuffed and he is buffing himself. Then it's Fray and a 1-3 hit combo and you die. It's all a set up.

Thats good to hear man. 3 of my members on my Five Spartan Team, actually stack high recovery, I highly recommend it. I don't like the new artifact weapons because the stats suck. Yeah man i'm back, I appreciate you knowing lol. I saw you the other day in the enclave. Just like you said man it's true. True DPS GF's don't even use fray in their build. (I know their build thats why) which is funny because many think fray is a must. Which in reality, if you don't have a high DR in the first place, you shouldn't even be using it. It scales off of your total DR which if you aren't stacking very high of, don't expect to get the full extent of the buff.

You are also right, I don't know really much people (besides my self) that really knows how to combat a crescendo and anvil. I don't mean to put myself on a pedestal, but even the top GF's (that so many people think are the best) (I won't name names) get beat by the easiest moves you learn in the early stages of the GF. However, in the moment, Both of which are very hard to do considering they are both done in such a rapid succession. My only sole piece of advice is to try to move when getting up, dodge, sprint, block, whatever you are able to do to quickly get the heck up and recover your fighting stance. Because we all know, when your on the floor, it's GG for you, Also, control resistance, like ogmhas token, and artifacts that stack CR, help in the middle of the crescendo, (ELVEN WILL NOT HELP YOU) because it is a CC that elven cannot register. I've seen a difference in when stacking CR during the actual daily, as CB, AND CR affect it, I just recommend using an ogmahs token as the best way to combat it. 90% Of GF's don't know the class like very few of us do. They go cone build because they looked up indy's build and they consider the the best of the best. Look into your own build is all I have to say, because their is much better and highly more skilled GF's than them.

Knowing this, the Conq build as much dmg as it does, can also be killed very easily, and combated very easily if you know what you're doing. please understand, they are heavy hitters, not heavy defenders, I don't care if your rocking 45 AC as a Conq GF, you still will never be as tanky as a Protector. Especially Iron Vanguard. The GF has the most diverse build chance. I still don't know everything about The GF, but what I do know is the best way to kill tanks nowadays, like I said, is to CC them, dunk them, tanks CANT STAND GETTING CC'd

Hope this helps bro.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

Thanks Proteus, yeah the conquerer build will never be as tanky as protector. Not even mentioning the capstone differences, I only have 1 artifact with Defense attached. I figured out that's what you were when we fought in IWD about 3 months ago. Actually, you fought and private messaged my brother playing my GF. He insisted your trans negation/feytouched were the only things making your build viable. I said, "try the guiido out if you feel so confident" lol.

Yeah, I've seen Minime fight a HR who kept popping Oghmas token every crescendo. Never got one, the wheel is too OP.

Everyone credits/copies Indy with his latest build, and it's good. I don't agree with stacking so much ArP at the expense of every other offensive stat, but it's good. I've never been anything but a conquerer build since I started my GF on the second week of this game hitting Xbox. The only thing I took from him was trading 5 AC for crushing pin and swapping IV for SM.

My build is a jack of all trades, but master of none. My GF doesn't stand out as optimal for any singular play style.....albeit solo/group pve, or pvp. But I can do every single thing well. That said, I switched back to 5 AC and walk around with 70% damage resistance before my twisted set stacks paranoia and pop potions. I've got the leopard of chult already, so 2k recovery is on the way come mod 9. I'm still going to stack silvery as I make legendaries.

Thanks Proteus, yeah the conquerer build will never be as tanky as protector. Not even mentioning the capstone differences, I only have 1 artifact with Defense attached. I figured out that's what you were when we fought in IWD about 3 months ago. Actually, you fought and private messaged my brother playing my GF. He insisted your trans negation/feytouched were the only things making your build viable. I said, "try the guiido out if you feel so confident" lol.

Yeah, I've seen Minime fight a HR who kept popping Oghmas token every crescendo. Never got one, the wheel is too OP.

Everyone credits/copies Indy with his latest build, and it's good. I don't agree with stacking so much ArP at the expense of every other offensive stat, but it's good. I've never been anything but a conquerer build since I started my GF on the second week of this game hitting Xbox. The only thing I took from him was trading 5 AC for crushing pin and swapping IV for SM.

My build is a jack of all trades, but master of none. My GF doesn't stand out as optimal for any singular play style.....albeit solo/group pve, or pvp. But I can do every single thing well. That said, I switched back to 5 AC and walk around with 70% damage resistance before my twisted set stacks paranoia and pop potions. I've got the leopard of chult already, so 2k recovery is on the way come mod 9. I'm still going to stack silvery as I make legendaries.

hahaha yeah I remember that. I didn't know who it was at first. Thanks for letting me know. haha. IMO, people need to create there own possibilities.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

theguiido said:

wdj40 said:

Crescendo, and fun fact, it's actually 3 people wearing dragon born fashion. lolol
    Aaaaaah that is the one, I have been trying to figure out ways of avoiding it with my HR... It seems as soon as I am stuck in that animation I die within moments.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe