test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The vote kick in PvP.

setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
Ok it's nice to have the ability to vote kick someone, but when there is somebody who spam that during a PvP, it's really really annoying.
It blocks everything when the window appears and trolls are just enjoying it trying to kick everyone for no reason.
Is it possible to have a cooldown for this ? Or at least don't let it block the entire keyboard?

Comments

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    +1... one time I was in a middle of a 1 vs 3 fight... then that thing popped up.... oh...u noe what happened next... :(
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    just annoying it's like a "Root to ur whole team",
    so if you want lose the match then start voting........,
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    scylent#6295 scylent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    macjae said:

The vote-kick needs to be gone from PvP, because it's an entirely toxic option to have, for a variety of reasons.

It can be used to grief players by cheating them out of their (meager) rewards for a match.

It can be used as a tool by toxic players that dislike another player in a match to grief them.

Unscrupulous players can kick particularly weak teammates just for being weak in order to try to get better teammates.

It's simply a case where the illegitimate forms of abuse enabled by the option far outweigh the genuinely good reasons for having it -- which is removing toxic or AFKing players. It's a tool that will simply increase the toxicity levels of the PvP community further, and will accomplish nothing good. So they should remove it from PvP. It seems almost like an unintended consequence that it's even available, like a spillover effect of the general changes to the queue system, where they no longer have the specific PvP coding they used to have (as far as I can tell, AFKing players no longer get removed as quickly from a match either).

I have to agree with your observations. Being placed in the middle of a lost match is a waste of time. Specially when not all opposing teams may allow you to exchange cap.

ScyLent PvE GF Main
    S C Y L E N T PvE DC Alt
    ScyLent Lux PvE OP Alt
    Unrepentantgaming.com
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    macjae said:

The vote-kick needs to be gone from PvP, because it's an entirely toxic option to have, for a variety of reasons.

It can be used to grief players by cheating them out of their (meager) rewards for a match.

It can be used as a tool by toxic players that dislike another player in a match to grief them.

Unscrupulous players can kick particularly weak teammates just for being weak in order to try to get better teammates.

It's simply a case where the illegitimate forms of abuse enabled by the option far outweigh the genuinely good reasons for having it -- which is removing toxic or AFKing players. It's a tool that will simply increase the toxicity levels of the PvP community further, and will accomplish nothing good. So they should remove it from PvP. It seems almost like an unintended consequence that it's even available, like a spillover effect of the general changes to the queue system, where they no longer have the specific PvP coding they used to have (as far as I can tell, AFKing players no longer get removed as quickly from a match either).

IF the player is low gear vs high gear he can help my strong team interupting someone going to cap the nodes. DOdging enemy attacks are enough to help the team and stay on cap instead standing on campfire or hiding on pilars to show he is not afk. IN those cases yes i use the button for me pvp is play until the whole team decides to stop not 1 person stops and let 4 jerks to do the job.

VOTE to kick is nice option,until now we had some players queue get 300 points and then stand to campfire with this in mind: i got my ad. ONE person against his team that is a very good reason to vote.

i send my apologies if i interupt someone during pvp. BUT if i see player standing on campfire for 4 minutes what to do?
  • Options
    setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    But guys, i'm not talking about if this option is good or bad in the game. It's here and what annoyes me is when the window pops or when someone spams it.
  • Options
    scylent#6295 scylent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    setill said:

But guys, i'm not talking about if this option is good or bad in the game. It's here and what annoyes me is when the window pops or when someone spams it.

I see, you are suggesting something like while you are flagged for combat it not be active. Sort of like the events notification window that comes up when leveling and in the old end game areas. That is a great suggestion not just for PvP, but for while in dungeons as well.

ScyLent PvE GF Main
    S C Y L E N T PvE DC Alt
    ScyLent Lux PvE OP Alt
    Unrepentantgaming.com
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    That Vote kick need to be Removed!!!,
    Nearly every match now there's always "one who decided to kick someone"
    and interrupt the team while we are fighting... wth is that,

votekick abuse = ON

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    I think once a player reaches 600 score they shouldn't be able to be kicked. It's being abused as usual, mostly by the same couple of pvp guilds that abuse everything in the game.