test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anything I can do to reduce lag?

jadysvarilojadysvarilo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I've just come back to the game after a fairly long lay off. The problem is, I simply can't play. It takes ages to log on and, when I do, I frequently crash immediately. If I don't crash then within moments I have the "server not responding" message. I can't move, identify inventory, do profession tasks. On the rare occasion the error message disappears I usually find I'm fine until my first interaction or battle. Then it's back to square one.
I have set my graphics to lowest settings and have made most of my interface invisible - all the things I used to have to do before the major crashes back some months ago when loads of people were unable to log on at all.
Any help or advice would be welcome.
Thank you.
J

Answers

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    If you are having issues loading and connecting. Then its not likely something that you can fix by altering or reducing your graphics settings.

The first thing I would try is to turn off the on-demand patching from the launchpad menu. Then try alternate proxies.
  • shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    one other thing if you use nvidia video card disable the post processing option...lots of people have graphics issues with it turned on. hope that helps.

found in in game options video under effects tab first one you see...set it to off
    fixed alot of my issues

here is the neverwinter optimizer post from another forum i used...
    http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4165
    Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric