test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's this game still worth play?

I have a 15 K HR two years ago, when I quit the game I left all the enchants to my guild, I'm starting a new account now.
To simplify the question, is the game still grind,boring to level up, very unbalance in PVP, too hard for people whose GS is under 13K or 15K( I mean you have to pay money or a lot of time to get the gear, not an exact number ) to pass CN and VT or the new hardest dungeon, do they put out more overpowered items in the Zen market, do I have to spend like 300 to 500 bucks again to got the best gear and mount currently, or even more? I was a pay to win player but I changed my opinion, I may spend no more than 100 or 60 bucks for the combat system which I really like.
How many player are there now? If lower than 5 thousands I'll stop the patch immediately and uninstall it forever, I don't want to level up and fight alone.
Thanks for your advice!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I suggest you roam these forums for current/upcoming changes, install the game and ask questions ingame to make up your mind about investing time in this game.

Not sure about the playerbase numbers, some one said its around 7k in PC, but how many are bots is unknown.

PVP is totally broken atm.

Prepare for a grind fest, if you want things fast pay up, a lot for over 3k toons.

Current content is doable/some what enjoyable with 2.5k char + r7 + augment normal weapon/armor enchs, the sweetspot atm. After that IL progression halves.

Epic/legendary mounts cost honey and the epic new mount sigils too, meta for high dmg pve is pets with bondings, and the mounts+sigils, if ya wanna play for real get into a guild, dont pug or lfg dungeons, youll just burn yourself up.

But if you play casual and wanna invest a few bucks now and then, youll be much more satisfied.

Bugs are flying around tho and some fixes are due 14th or 21st

If you wanna buy the best stuff immediately 300 bucks is not gonna get you squat.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    the hardest dungeon is passed by pets tanking the endboss. There is no other endgame. 40% of the playerbase are bots or praying alts. pvp is plagued with buged items.

Only enjoyable part being the level up process.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    I found myself in a similar situation 3 weeks ago. Ironically, it wasn't any of the newer mods Stronghold, Underdark or Maze Engine that brought me back, rather a new mount system where owned mounts can act as skins. A popular request for a long time but took them years to get their head around it.

Prices of enchantments have gone down, such that you can gear a toon in rank 7s with AD from playing in a matter of days. With diligent playing, you can probably make a million AD in a bit more than a month with endgame skirmishes and dungeons.

The grind on campaigns and for boons is however still there, and on newer mods the grind is paced out for you by placing even more limits on your progress. They don't want you to go through them too quickly which can be good because you won't burn out too fast or bad, because you can't grind out more when you have time and vice versa but have to devote a chunk of daily/weekly play time consistently. In the end it becomes a daily opportunity cost of earning AD or grinding campaign of your time. Starting again behind is going to be very time consuming, which I'm finding, so I just play with a casual attitude since I expect stuff will become obsolete by the time I get them anyway.

Player numbers wise, it is still plentiful. Getting queued into dungeons is a lot easier, largely due to the abundance of players playing the holy trinity of OP, DC and GWFs. There are some power changes coming though that may change that dynamic, but until then, those classes have builds that give teams immunity, free AP, or high dps with just a class mechanic and an at-will.

It really doesn't take too much to gear a toon to 2000-2500 item level (replaced gear score), once you hit around 2500+ runnig dungeons with similarly geared players won't be too difficult. In fact the time that I've been back, pugs just steamroll every dungeon I've ran. Bosses just melt away, Valindra always die before any boss mechanics kick in, even the boss in CN went down in a pug a few times before the death sphere phase.

I've not tried pvp because my available play time is either consumed by campaign grind or AD runs. You should already be clearly aware of the time you have committed when you played this game in the past. Don't expect anything less (if not more) if you are trying to catch up or be competitive.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    The most shocking thing you will find is your 15k gear score. Will have been reduced to a 2.5k item level score. Nothing really has changed, only the numbers. Consider 2.5k as bare minimum to get any group invite. 3 to 3.5k as the level to join the cool kids in the elite channels. With anything above 4k as god like status.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    All these MMO games are grindly. How else can they get people to keep coming back? Generating new content is expensive, so they have to get people do the same content over and over.

The game is better now for the solo and PvE players. You purchase end-game equipment with currency you earn by completing 15-20 minute runs. Unless the run is a total disaster, you always get some currency and make a bit of progress. Gone are the days of spending hours in a dungeon with the high probability of walking away with nothing, or worst, have your chance for loot stolen by lowlifes that kick you in the end.

PvP is totally P2W. New players need hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to reach the same gear level as the best players. As an example from the new mount system was recently introduced, an epic mount can give 2K points of an attribute. That is nearly three top-tier R12 enchantments. If you don't spend that $35 USD for a mount, you will be three R12 enchantments short of a player that spent that money, and there is no other way to make up those three enchantments.

For me, PvE part of this game is a good way to relax and kill some time after a long days work. Hope this helps
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    then there are legendary mounts giving +4000 stats for 10-30mil. AD in the AH = up to 60000 zen (600$?)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    This thread was opened to provoke only ot discussions. I dont see anything that shows me the to really want some advice.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    For whatever it worth, for the old boons, it is faster, easier and cheaper than before.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***