test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal of tuern

So this is my first time posting in the forums but whenever I try and take my character to the portal of tuern I get an error message saying "couldn't transfer character container" and I get logged out to the main menu. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

So this is my first time posting in the forums but whenever I try and take my character to the portal of tuern I get an error message saying "couldn't transfer character container" and I get logged out to the main menu. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it

Never seen that. Best guess: it could be an Item Level problem.

There are 2 different quests. Is this for the weekly quest or the first time unlock?

• tycchoice#2111 tycchoice Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    It's my first time doing it from the Harper woman in protectors Enclave
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

It's my first time doing it from the Harper woman in protectors Enclave

Well then, it should proceed if Harper Boward gave the quest. I'll still list the requirements, I remember, in case the quest lit up in error.

Must be level 60, but this may have been upped to 70 (Should have been) with the level cap increase, not sure.
    Must have completed, and collected the reward, for assisting the Zhentarum 5 times.

You could also try a hard reset, unplugging for a few minutes, of your Xbox as that has shown to fix some odd glitches.

• ashley#3050 ashley Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    any update on this? I am also having an issue
  • spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I have had the same problem. I am level 70 and have been able to access previously (didn't complete it though as server went down and I got disconnected!) I tried again this morning and had that same error message. (I am a UK user) So it sounds like a wider problem with the servers or some such again!
  • henschypoomhenschypoom Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I've also had this problem since Wednesday 30th April, it's the first time quest for Portal to Tuern, for me I was lv 68 when I got and accepted the quest from Harper Boward after completing the 5th Assisting the Zhentarium. And whenever I try to port to that instance, instead of the normal portal background picture of Protectors Enclave it's black, and says loading, but after 1 second it says: Couldn't transfer player container. And then I get logged out and returned to title screen. I am now level 70 but still get the same error. My only 2 choices left as I see it is 1, wait for Thursdays Server upgrade and maintainence, and if that fails, 2, abandon quest and accept it again, oh never mind you can't abandon that quest. Yeah I guess maintainence is our only hope.
  • hymenoptera1223hymenoptera1223 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have been getting the exact same issue and circumstances. I am wondering if it is everyone on the quest has the problem or just select players.
  • tycchoice#2111 tycchoice Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    It is not everyone. My boyfriend has no problem doing the quest at all. I was beginning to think I was the only one who had this problem. At least Neverwinter addressed the issue on their Twitter so they're aware of it.

It is not everyone. My boyfriend has no problem doing the quest at all. I was beginning to think I was the only one who had this problem. At least Neverwinter addressed the issue on their Twitter so they're aware of it.

Ah, thanks for mentioning that. I don't use twitter so I didn't know they were aware of it.
  • ashley#3050 ashley Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    did they say they were fixing it and what they are doing for those experiencing the issue?
  • regret#6652 regret Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    This is the message I received from support just yesterday (I also get this message trying to enter a side question in Well of Dragons (forget the name just now).

<font color="orange">Message removed by moderator. Please do not post private correspondence.</font>
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    After Thursday maintenance it worked fine and was able to finish it so if its the same for everyone then problem resolved.
    I tried right before the maintenance and it still gave the error so it had nothing to do with gear or level or the xbox itself.