test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELP!!! New Player Here and We REALLY need some NEW GUIDES for 2016!!!!!!!!!!

caira21#7861 caira21 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Hello all, I am a new player to Neverwinter and I've been playing for just over 2 weeks now. I am currently playing a Devoted Cleric and I can't find any recent guides or build templates to help me with leveling/building my Devoted Cleric: Anointed Champion. Everything seems to be way out of date. Could I please get some help from any other players who have knowledge of the builds or maybe somebody who knows of a site that I haven't been able to find that has more recent information. I would really appreciate it. I know if I haven't found any updated build information, then others are probably having problems, also. Thanks for listening all...

Rendal Ironfist lvl 66 DC:AC
Guild - H2O "Hard 2 OverCome"

P.S.- If anyone out there needs a guild, send me an in-game message.

Best Answer

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    If you need help, there are plenty, but you have to ask in the correct place. Click on Neverwinter Discussion >> Class Forum >> Temple >> Ask anything you want. There are too many DC god and goddess who mained DC for years camping there, you will always get an answer from them :) .

Answers

• caira21#7861 caira21 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thank-you Jazzfong. One reason I posted here was the amount of traffic. There must be a need for this, after seeing the amount of views I've received on this topic. I really do appreciate your advice, I have now posted in the class forums as well. It's a shame that the game has died out a little. I wasn't fortunate enough to play this when if first came out; which sucks, because the game is fun.

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Unfortunately most of the serious theorycrafters and buildtester lefft the game.Also a little warning dont believe everything posted on the forums.There are some horrible builds I came across from certain people.Rip off from old builds, some thinks they mastered the class playing for a month for a few hours a day.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    alot of those guides are not reviewable at the moment.. and they didnt rip anything off.. they did some stupid tool tip pass through , played a class for a few hours and wrote guides. They claimed to test things.. but clearly they didnt.. so they stopped even using the more feasible paths.. because they were wrong and wrote guides on sub optimal builds.. fine and dandy.. but then claimed things that were false (even falsified) to prove points that were not valid and said stupid things like 1 class is all cc/debuff/damage/pvp/pve great+++ guide.. it was all stupid. If that person just said.. HEY /OFF the wall guide for fun to this sub pathing .. everyone wouldve been fine with it. IT was the false claims that made it troll worthy.

They may come back.. though they shouldnt .

They were all written by one person.. which will not be named.

But ya.. frankly ive played my dc for 3 years.. my last guide was like mod 3 or something like that.. and it was pvp oriented.

I would have nothing to add .. and too tired about it to re-write /do new guides.. I think there might be a fairly well known DC that will be posting a new guide soon.. bug Jazzfong has played as long as any of us.. on and off for a few years as well.

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Someone summoned me?? Oh ya you can join our channel: DC_CHANNEL if you need some in game help or chat. Silverkelt are you in the channel too?
  • caira21#7861 caira21 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Wow everybody, thanks for all the support and responses! I have moved this discussion into the Class Forum Discussion Area for DC's. Please follow the discussion over there, because I really do appreciate all of your input and ideas!

Again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!

• foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Hey, im willing to help. My main is a AC - DC, virtuous. and i know my class very well. So what do u exactly want to know?
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Yeah just be careful, i have a guide it's very lack of information and it's my point of view of how a DC should evolve and develop, made from experience from the last year playing DC but there are at least 2 builds if i well remember completely troll, with only a page written or so.