test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cant get past patch

retep70retep70 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I cant get past patch

error 36 is what it still tells me now 15 hours after the last patch

any one that can tell me what to do

Comments

• lfusionnnnlfusionnnn Member Posts: 6 New User
    The Neverwinter launcher starts patching like normal until it reaches a percentage usually between 70% and 90% where the percentage freezes. It says for example, "Patched 22.5MB / 31 MB" and under that, steadily climbing, " Recieved 193.8MB - 72.2%". This is infuriating because you can see that it is receiving loads but it has stopped patching the game.
    Pls help if you guys have any tips?
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    This is a common problem with the patch server that has been encountered over the years. It will patch up to 99% and then keeps downloading without any progress. You can be left with 8MB to download while it continues to download hundreds of GBs if you let it. What's happening if you read the log is the patch server keeps sending a corrupted download which gets re-downloaded repeatedly to infinity, and it seems to be more prevalent on fresh installations.

After being away for 8-9 months, I tried to play the game by re-installing it. After trying for days stuck at 90+%, I gave up and deleted it. After a couple weeks, I tried again with the same result.

What finally worked to download the last file I needed was repeatedly turning off on-demand patching and patch till it started the infinity download loop, then turn it on and patch until it looped again, until finally it managed to receive an non corrupted file.

Another common problem when you launch Neverwinter for the first time after a fresh install is it will either freeze or crash as soon as it starts or get sent to a different display on multi-monitor setups. For this you again need to go into the option setting in launcher and check start in safe mode.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Nasty necro :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    Not sure if these forums limit new users from starting threads, but many of them usually don't try since they are familiar with ad spam policies.

To necro a thread, he must have at least tried searching and found no solutions to his problem preventing him from playing the game.