test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New PVP System we need

garurumon6garurumon6 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Neverwinter is one of the best mmorpg but our pvp system isnt fun right now coz of this so many people has open new charachter and playing 60-69 pvp (is better then 70's) when u hit 70 and went pvp its all same 1 team push other and pvp has done in like 30 sec pushed team waiting their base for other team victory. The problem is that teams are ussualy so unbalanced and waiting for victory or lose isnt fun . There must be encounter for fun but no encounter generally just waiting in base :sweat:

so there is no pvp fun it is just push and wait to win

Stronghold siege better than domination but there is no siege in theese days 20 people couldnt be find

so i think there must be new pvp system maybe some 1vs1 or 2vs2 and there must be a class balanced patch i have so many charachter and i have to tell some of them is overpowered like TR

I have 2,3 k TR and i can kill 3,1 k GF with 1 shot i am happy with that but where is the balance? Tr can dodge almost everthing and we will be immortal after shadowclad

Paladin: there is no attack but it is bubble and win balance?

DC:noone can kill a 3,5k + dc but they cant kill anyone eighter so what is the point of this class i wanna play dc but i think no fun in this class

SW: good class not overpowered but give them +5 stealth ring and shadowclad they have lifesteal already so one of immotal class too

PS:i am not cying i have all theese class and i always told: if u think a class overpowered dont cry u can open that class too :) but the game has more fun before now:immortal class and no fun

Comments

• Options
    flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Check out the news, there are class balancing changes coming, which address a few concerns. It's not enough, but it's a start.
  • Options
    garurumon6garurumon6 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    it only includes op dc and gf and i am not only talking about class unbalance its about game pvp is really suck so many people just playing pve coz of this
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    pvp will never be balanced until a IL bracket system with sandbagging penalty ( entering low il and gearing up above the bracket cap) also pvp should have a +20% damage resistance and damage dealt buff for parties with no duplicate class...7 classes 5 slots for pvp team... this would take some wind out of the sails of the premade multi bubble multi tr teams
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I'd say the system we need is a separate 'clean' queue: No broken shadowclad enchantments, no drains, no ambush rings, no broken classes (i.e. GWF, GF, TR, OP until the nerf, DC). Which leaves very little. PVP is a giant mess.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I'd say the system we need is a separate 'clean' queue: No broken shadowclad enchantments, no drains, no ambush rings, no broken classes (i.e. GWF, GF, TR, OP until the nerf, DC). Which leaves very little. PVP is a giant mess.

I take it that Feanor is NOT a GWF, GF, TR, OP or DC. Hmmmm..... That means he is one of the noble classes--SW, HR or CW!
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

Ya, like HR is not broken. 6 encounters, count em, 6! Maybe a cooldown on changing stances?

And look! HR control abilities last maybe 1/8 of a second against properly geared players, do less damage than GWFs or TR at-wills, and despite the low damage and short effects have longer animations than the monster damage GF and GWF abilities. Meanwhile, their dodge doesn't get them out of aoe effects (or gwf at-will range), dodge abilities don't dodge control effects, their stealth daily has a 30 second hard cooldown unlike any non-HR ability in the game and barely works in its buggy fashion, their high damage and prone abilities are useless in pvp and pretty often they have to hit encounter keys 3 or 4 times to be sure whether they're working and, by the way, if they have fox slotted it's often impossible to tell whether it's activated on command or not because that bug's been around since mod 2. Yeah, HRs are so broken they're at about a 1k-1.5k IL disadvantage against most other classes. Give me a break.
  • Options
    mistermob#7822 mistermob Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Legit inquisition need purify things so pvp became fun again and players come back, really, :D

"Legit pvp", anyone, :neutral:
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    As devs stated overall gaming balance and issues will be gradually fixed this year so expect them to be finished Jan 2017.

Meanwhile enjoy.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User

Ya, like HR is not broken. 6 encounters, count em, 6! Maybe a cooldown on changing stances?

Are you serious???
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Class balance matters little when there's such a ridiculous disparity in power between gear levels.

I'd love to see them try PvP modes where gear doesn't matter. Or do what GW2 did with their PvP system, and allow players to pick from a wide range of gear specifically for PvP to outfit their characters, then enter matches where everyone was on the same, exact gear level. So you could customize your build and gear, but you never had a gear advantage over another player.

You could even enter the PvP lobby zone as a level 1, and be instantly leveled up to 70, pick your skills and powers, and even reset those completely for free.

Apart from class balance, it was at least one of best ideas I've seen in an MMO to help level the playing field in PvP.

For those that wanted a "my gear matters roflstomp" they have their open-world PvP battle zones.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1