test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maze Engine...Lost Chance???...

shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited April 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it just me or have they let a very valuable dungeon creater system slip through the cracks...
i was discussing this with my guildies and they mostly agree...

Name...MAZE ENGINE...
What does it do?...Puts you in a unique maze dungeon instance?
How to make this viable?...random generated dungeons ilvl 2k with a 3k epic type as well
Dungeons you say(yes it is in the name of the game)... loads up random mobs/sub-bosses/bosses from other dungeons and uses all available known maps to make a custom private instance so that replayability is nigh infinite...you never know where you will be or who you will fight...Final boss could be Valindra or a Dragon or Orcus.

I will leave this here for the devs and anyone who thinks it is good idea.

just wanted to toss my 2 nickles out there(cuz we don't use pennies in Canada)

FYI - just a casual gamer not a programmer/game designer so i am not sure if this is even possible in the Neverwinter Structure....
Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
Fari - Human Female - Wizard
Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric
Post edited by shadowslave604 on

Comments

• Options
    azaziel35azaziel35 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    So basicaly Diablo 3 ROS rifts in Neverwinter??? IDK hmm
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    the failed to live up to expectations since EE.. which should have had a raid for tada elemental evil temple.

coolness factor x 200..

since that point, there isnt much to be hyped about.. at least.. AT least they brought a dungeon back to play this module.

If you look at the polls.. no one really like the work they did from mod 6,7 or 8.. not as much as any mod that.. people do seem to like the newer mod at least a little better, probably due to it at least having both the stable changes (sort of fun to play with.. if sigs would ever drop) and a actual dungeon to run.

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    There's already a dungeon creator, they've just left it gathering dust among the ruins of the UGC community. It's probably still down after the module release, and who knows when it'll be back up...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I am glad its not a random dungeon generator, i personally hate them. That would be like giving us an expac dungeon system similar to the EE zones & quest system.
  • Options
    shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2016

the failed to live up to expectations since EE.. which should have had a raid for tada elemental evil temple.

1.This right here is what i was expecting as well...one of the top selling and most fun sit down adventures...
    The Temple of Elemental Evil

coolness factor x 200..
    2. Agreed

since that point, there isnt much to be hyped about.. at least.. AT least they brought a dungeon back to play this module.

If you look at the polls.. no one really like the work they did from mod 6,7 or 8.. not as much as any mod that.. people do seem to like the newer mod at least a little better, probably due to it at least having both the stable changes (sort of fun to play with.. if sigs would ever drop) and a actual dungeon to run.

3. True atleast it is Dungeons&Dragons NOT Dailies and Dragons...as i have seen said about the game in recent times

Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    r000kie said:

azaziel35 said:

So basicaly Diablo 3 ROS rifts in Neverwinter??? IDK hmm

Diablo 3? Heck, Diablo 1 was able to generate a fair amount of different maps and dungeons....with cools armor sets to boot..

I had only the Demo of Diablo1 for a long time. Even that was able to create that one level of dungeon randomly, with random item rewards...
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    I kinda like the Maze Engine Campaign because it goes in the right direction by telling a decent Story. The dailies are not grindy but at some point hardly relate to the story.
    I am currently at the point where i asked the drow mage for help and he was like: Yeah cool but i need some really rare ingredients.
    And i though the daily quests now change with maybe a different type of daily quests but it was the same standard "help the mr. Bruenor and the Neverwinter Alliance".

And yes there could be more. RNG dungeons are always nice.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!