test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a companion that does good damage itself, preferable AE damage for solo farming

I play a haste cleric. My solo dailys and farming is sloooowwww. I work so hard to time my farming/dailies with others. Can get it all done on own it just takes a while.

Are there any companions that could speed up my solo farming.

At the moment I use the Black Ice Prosepcter. His Spin seems to trigger a lot with my Gift of Haste. He also seems to be a pretty good tank on the end bosses so I can focus on taking out the adds on some dailies.

Was considering investing some AD in making his items a little better...not a lot maybe 5 figures worth of ADs.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you

Comments

• enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    The Ghost can possess lower enemies, so in a sense it can help make battles shorter by taking control over one of the minions. Negative aspect is it sometimes takes control of enemies that are already on the verge of death rather than one that is at or near full health.

The Powrie can do 20k crit hits, but since it takes awhile to do you might kill the enemy before it can unleash the attack.

There was also another companion that I noticed that was also able to do 20k crits but I don't recall which one it is at the moment. Maybe it was Aranea? She had a high crit attack, that I recall, but was inconsistent in damage amount.

The Sylph and the Panther had pretty strong regular attacks once they were leveled up and stats were padded.
  • dkrue84#4876 dkrue84 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Mercenary or The Devil looking girl with the long name would be my choices.
  • jaystrean#6042 jaystrean Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @dkrue84#4876 said:
    > Mercenary or The Devil looking girl with the long name would be my choices.

Where can i get the mercenary?
    Mercenary is in the heirloom pack. It's available in the zen market.
    The other one is available in the scourge warlock pack, also available in the zen market.
  • xstubzxzxstubzxz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Erinyes of Belial is the one from Scourge Warlock Pack. Increases Crit Severity and does pretty good damage. I used her to level all my alts since she is obtainable on all characters once purchased.
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Mercenary or Zhentarim Warlock are your best bets, in regards to doing damage themselves. The Erinyes is a good EXTRA companion, only useful for the active bonus but you don't need her to be summoned. So yea, get the Erinyes as extra, but get the mercenary or Z Warlock as your active.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Mercenary or Zhentarim Warlock are your best bets, in regards to doing damage themselves. The Erinyes is a good EXTRA companion, only useful for the active bonus but you don't need her to be summoned. So yea, get the Erinyes as extra, but get the mercenary or Z Warlock as your active.

Might want to mention these two companions are really meant to buff the owner than just high dmg attacks, sure they attack fast, but not high dmg so the buff to owner would most likely be more benfical to what this guy wants, no? Since he'll kill them faster :3