test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trade House

Is it just me or is the trade house prices super inflated to the point where people are going to have to start buying diamonds in order to buy any gear? I know we just had double diamonds which is probably part of the increase but since I have been playing diamonds went from 160 per zen to 180 + per day pending the day. Making it so you have to buy to gear up in most cases.

Comments

• zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    The only thing you will be needing to buy are the Superior marks of potency, greater marks (pot, sta, pow, uni) wards. Everything else can be earned by running daily content for refinement, saving up pieces to salvage on 2x AD and some luck with RNG. The gear is all earned by running content or crafting. Patience is key unless a wallet is the key.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Not completely true, yes some stuff can earned from drops and such, but some items do need a buy, either from AH or from the Zen Market, and its the same for me for either ones as i pay in diamonds down the line. For exemple bonding stones, let me know if possible to get them anywhere exept zen market or auction house... i doubt they random drop lol
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    His statement is completely true... bonding stones you say? Trade for them in the trade channel. Your negative attitude towards this game has narrowed your vision slightly. EVERYTHING in this game is free. Those who choose to spend real money do so to save time and speed up the grind. Thats a choice, not a requirement. Dont like it? Go play gears of war and make your micro purchases.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• xpilosive#4155 xpilosive Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Having an honest discussion here, I understand you don't HAVE to pay for anything. Also, not looking for an easy way out but the people who are suffering from the price increase on the tradehouse are the people not spending real money, that is my point here. Ex: Book of the dead went from roughly about 500k in diamonds to 1.5 million over the last month. I understand yes, there is ways to earn it in game etc but that is not the point of this thread or topic.....
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Is it just me or is the trade house prices super inflated to the point where people are going to have to start buying diamonds in order to buy any gear? I know we just had double diamonds which is probably part of the increase but since I have been playing diamonds went from 160 per zen to 180 + per day pending the day. Making it so you have to buy to gear up in most cases.

The market is ALWAYS inflated after 2X AD, AND after a new lockbox is dropped. In about 2 weeks the market will stabilize and go back to where it was, just like it has done every other time. But it must be said, that you do not "have" to buy any AD, Zen, OR gear. You earn gear from running things (T2's, Demo, ELOL etc), by running you gain AD, and by gaining AD you can then buy Zen. So you literally do not"have" to spend a dime on this game.

His statement is completely true... bonding stones you say? Trade for them in the trade channel. Your negative attitude towards this game has narrowed your vision slightly. EVERYTHING in this game is free. Those who choose to spend real money do so to save time and speed up the grind. Thats a choice, not a requirement. Dont like it? Go play gears of war and make your micro purchases.

Trade for what? You got to have something to offer to trade. Also i never understand the point of trading. Its long, tedious, got to spam the chat. At that point you better go and sell the item of values you have then buy the item you need, plain and simple.

Maybe i do have a negative attitude toward the game lately. But its not without reason.

And firepat : I doubt it will get back to normal pricing anything soon. If the zen drop back to 130, hit me up... lol

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    The price of Zen will continue to rise. Putting wards ONLY in zen market ensures this, they did not make this decision without knowing the outcome.

The higher zen gets, the more likely people are too buy it with real money. You have to remember, the amount of AD you get a day from normal activity stays the same.

If Zen reaches 400ad, it's suddenly going to cost you 60 lostmauth runs at 6600 AD each to buy a 1000 zen coal ward. Back when zen was 150...it only took 18 runs. People might pay to save farming an additional 42 times
  • zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User

The market is ALWAYS inflated after 2X AD, AND after a new lockbox is dropped. In about 2 weeks the market will stabilize and go back to where it was, just like it has done every other time

Given that the ADX started rising after Coalgate, I would believe that there is just less Zen in the game since fewer people are buying less Zen. Since I don't have access to PWE's analytics, it's impossible to confirm this, but it's reasonable conjecture. While it will (probably) back down a bit from the 290-300 it's been at for the last week, I for one would not expect a return to the days of 150AD<->Z.
    masteroga said:

The price of Zen will continue to rise. Putting wards ONLY in zen market ensures this, they did not make this decision without knowing the outcome.

The higher zen gets, the more likely people are too buy it with real money. You have to remember, the amount of AD you get a day from normal activity stays the same.

If Zen reaches 400ad, it's suddenly going to cost you 60 lostmauth runs at 6600 AD each to buy a 1000 zen coal ward. Back when zen was 150...it only took 18 runs. People might pay to save farming an additional 42 times

Well personally im refusing to drop money as long as they don't put back the C.Ward into the tradebar store. Not a single penny !!!

I hope there whole bad business decision baclash hard on them and they loose money instead of making some, even if the zen exchange sky rocket. That people decide that NO we won't pay that much money for such item. People need to really stuck together on this.

Why compagnies do sales? Cause its better to sale 10 items are 2$ each then 5 items at 3$ each... Simple math.