test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Vs Arm Pen.... Which is better for pvp?

sara#4631 sara Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Which is better to stack for pvp?

I currently have 19k arm pen and 14k power and I'm not sure if I need to cut back on one or the other.

I was pretty happy with my 19k arm pen until I discovered Minimi and his 34k power Gf

Also I really can't decide on a new artifact weapon set... Drowned or twisted

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I would say that is more than enough. Minimi I believe has very low ArP (around 7k or something) and has trouble hurting some BiS. You need a balance, since vs lower geared or certain classes you do not need so much so any extra is unnecessary, BUT power is always relevant.

120% resistance ignore is something I would stop at.

I would go for twisted since theres so many +heal with mounts now. its a +10% damage (either from power or for into the fray).
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • sara#4631 sara Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Yes I agree on the twisted set. I just need my twisted off hand.

I think I'm going to still stack arm pen as it's easier to find power thru other means. Such as artifact weapons or ring of brutality etc.

How easy is it to get these mount insignia bonuses? The good ones anyway. Us Xbox players are in the dark.... Can you just buy any mount from the zen market? Or the good mounts hard to obtain?
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    On PC the cheapest mounts to get for bonuses are usually the ones from ZEN, using coupons. But there are some few exceptions. Theres always atleast one ZEN mount with the bonus you want to aim for (i think)

insignias drop from dungeons (rare quality) and skillnodes/chests (green) and bound to character. Ones from lockboxes are unbound which are blue or purple.

Not every insignia type has the same stats at the moment, I'm sure they will introduce more later. I think Barbed are the only ones with ArP right now.

Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    Can someone explain how mount bonus insignias work? Are they active in pvp Dom? Just one active or can you give active like companions?
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    sara#4631 said:

Can someone explain how mount bonus insignias work? Are they active in pvp Dom? Just one active or can you give active like companions?

Yes they are active, like companions in siege.

• boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I went with the twisted set. My logic being, if I lose the passive guarded assault then my defense stacks. More powerful fray. It's like a second axe beak only it gives you 4K defense instead of ArP. So shield talent and steel defense, or shield warrior's wrath and combat superiority...mix and match, it's all fun.

The drowned set just gives me the feeling that a GF is against the daily fighters recovery. Or has let go of lifesteal altogether. Or needs to consider some Regen thru boons for that 'in between' battles time. Or is pro DC sigil and anti Wheel. That's all well and good, just not the direction I went. And to each their own.

As for the ArP vs. Power: I'm a fan of 100-120% ArP and then stacking power then recovery, and then crit. Between the guild boon, the usual artifacts almost every "conquerer build" runs, and an axe beak....too easy.

Now Mini Me overcomes his shortfall in ArP against tuff competition by using 'knight's challenge.' An overwhelming amount of damage on top of his powerful fray and stacked power.
    I'm thinking of going with the twisted set as well. I just need my off-hand. Does it often proc in your favor? I heard it doesn't proc either power or defense when your shield is up. From What I gathered I heard you get a ton of healing bonuses from mounts in mod 9 that I driwned is waste. I'm also a wheel warrior and have zero issues getting the earth mode to restore health.

I'm still rocking burning elemental because I love the base stats of defense power arm pen. Bonus of def./hp.

I don't get how Vegas hits so hard. Without saying to much I noticed his power and arm pen were relatively even on the stat sheet.
  • boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Every time you load a screen you start with 13 stacks of bloodlust and 12 stacks of paranoia. Roughly 2k in both power and defense. That's a good start.

If you get hit, you will obtain stacks of defense. The only thing that can mitigate this is the passive 'guarded assault.' So shield up/shield down, doesn't matter. Just don't slot guarded assault.

The best news about the twisted set to me is......we get hit a lot and we don't hit often. It's that whole "finding an opening" thing we GF's understand better than most.

I'd say Andrew has a few things going for him. Good ArP, but not like Indy level. Good power as well. Not really crit crazy.....but he's stacked all Azures in his defense slots. Although that is pretty much the standard for everyone, he's obviously got rank 12's. And let us not forget armor reinforcements.