test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More about queues

harumenharumen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
The idea for the new queue system... I liked it. Its functioning... no mentions (besides the few nice details, almost not good, as the 0/20 pvp played but all with penalties of 5').

#I'm SW70#Since I piked the control set (V) and you left the LMset and other new dmg bonuses without adjustments, I modified my character in order to be usefull in PVE with a non dps build.##
So...

...I'd like to ask you for a human handed in-dungeon role-choice. I'll explain:

I'm not dps and of course neither tank, but the ingame auto-role reduction keeps considering me as dps.:

"All GWF, TR, CW, HR and SW = DPS" --> This is so simple for the mixture of feats, powers, gear, etc.

We all can choose and make two characters with the same race and class, and having a totally different gameplay. If at the moment of activate the Public queue, we were able to choose our role, the matching would be more accurate and efficient. Of course, if the player doesn't do what it is supposed (i.e. choosed healer but doesn't heals, etc...) could and will be kicked by the other party members and the system will search for another one who had chosen the needed in-dungeon role.

I hope you devs estimate this suggestion and give me back some feedback.

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    BTW, does solo queue slap a righteous DC into a heal role?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    contrary to popular belief.. being slotted righteous , doest actually exempt you from throwing out green digits when needed.

Its like the tanks.. who dont think they ever have to tank. Though you know.. people usually only expect you to turn bosses away from them.. no one cares about mob packs. So you can go crazy ape on them if you want..

you can heal most content fine with a righteous..

• harumenharumen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    magenubbie said:
    Why bother with the annoyance of such a system while the current system works well enough? Why would one allow a healadin to queue for DPS only to risk getting kicked? I honestly don't see the point of your suggestion.
    A:
    This post is due to the public queues issues I confront every day, so "is well enough"... depends to who you ask.
    In your example... a healadin would chose tank or healer, depends on the build s/he made up, so there is not problem at all.

But one reason to allow us to chose the dungeon role is because we have a lot of build possibilities that the actual queue system is not aware of. Why would us be allowed to build up the chosen one when leveling or expending re-role tokens, if then we're forced to play other role in dungeons or be carried?

ghoulz66 said:
    BTW, does solo queue slap a righteous DC into a heal role?
    A:
    All DC will be considered healer, when can have perfectly a build for (de)buff/dmg (supporting pretty well actually).

silverkelt said:
    You can heal most content fine with a righteous..
    A:
    That's the word: fine. You wont be able to work and do your 100%. You wont be able to do efficient multi-runs unless you'd be carried. And wont be able to see how your build really works in that instance.

(sry about the rough edition.... jazz time!)

BTW... When some people think "that is not the role supposed to do by your class..." well, is no more than that. A guess. And when you play Guessing-Time you can get wrong. The role of every player is the one chosen within what the game offers. But to prove the validity of the chosen build... is something that few people will confront. That is one of the reasons for all that people asking for "The Build", for that constantly searching on Internet or such things, letting someone more experienced in your guild, when not a completely stranger, tell you what to do and what to chose (...doing this will pass months in lvl 70 before the puppet-player be able to think in the first self-made rotation).