test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need some help with the repentant key

bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
Ok put this simple I need help. I have done those "dungeon" cave things in the well every day they have been available since the well of dragons came out and that key for the cultist just does not show. for a few months I had forced them to be the only quests to show by not doing the rest and still nothing. So I want to know what, how often, and how to make that key drop. I am getting sick of running the well with it being a super hard place that gives gear not worth anything for it's cost and the fact that i have all the boons means that is the only thing really keeping me there. And yes I have red about how the active is broke and even if it still is I do not really care about the active I just think he looks cool. (really I think they should add a dragon cultist type armor that makes it so we look just like the cultist of our class. So we could change our weapon and armor so say a gwf looks just like a white dragon wing and if you really wanted to you can look like one with say red armor and or red hair but that is wishful thinking I have a feeling it will never be.) So any help would be good. Is it a real random chance or is it pretty much throw a random die 4 at the wall and hope it lands on a 20?
✋☞ ✡⚐
Tagged:

Comments

• mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Think Yeti but worse, ran those places for Months as did my Guildies nothing at all on the Cultist, I have seen a small number in the game so if I were you I would just move on to something else.
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    mahburg said:

Think Yeti but worse, ran those places for Months as did my Guildies nothing at all on the Cultist, I have seen a small number in the game so if I were you I would just move on to something else.

Don't get me started on that yeti the fact that i got that treat should have been "ok here you go." but no it has to be a low chance to get the treat then a chance to get the yeti that is just bs and I feel the people that put that in know that. It would not be as bad if these people that can somehow get hundreds of the things was able to sell them on the market. It really seems to be a thing of "you get it you never stop getting it you don't then you never will." with both of them.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    You can't sell the key for the cultist of the cultist itself on the market.

Its just an extremely low drop rate. Some get lucky some, like yourself, do not. I personally don't know why anyone wants it to begin with, its not that great. I would use the Z Warlock over it all day every day.
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User

You can't sell the key for the cultist of the cultist itself on the market.

Its just an extremely low drop rate. Some get lucky some, like yourself, do not. I personally don't know why anyone wants it to begin with, its not that great. I would use the Z Warlock over it all day every day.

One of the Archons is better (Air I think). It basically has the same active but instead of health being below 50% like the Repentant Cultist it's when health is not 100%. so you get much more use out of it.

But I understand people want it for their collection and it looks pretty cool. Mine's named 'Black Dragonwing'.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Yeti treat is easy. You just have to meet a few conditions.
    1. All 3 NPC allies must survive.
    2. The Beast Handler must survive long enough to blow the horn. You get him to blow the horn by killing the dogs before he dies.
    3. Some people say everything on the map must be dead. Not sure that this is true, but doesn't hurt.
    Yeti spawns. If it doesn't spawn but the dude blew his horn than more than likely one of your NPC allies died.
    I don't have any tips on how to get the cultists though :(
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited March 2016
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

Go with the Mercenary from the Heirloom pack if you want a great active companion, currently its the best one for Damage classes due to the 5 bonding stack, two ring slots (Band of Loathing) and a belt slot. He proc's quickly. :3 So if your a gwf, sw, hr, tr, and dc I would recommended use this if you want great stats in combat. c: The dc would go for power and recovery which won't be a problem with the belt and ring slots. As for defensive classes I would say the portal hound last time I checked. ^.^

edited March 2016

2. The Beast Handler must survive long enough to blow the horn. You get him to blow the horn by killing the dogs before he dies.

3. Some people say everything on the map must be dead. Not sure that this is true, but doesn't hurt.

Yeti spawns. If it doesn't spawn but the dude blew his horn than more than likely one of your NPC allies died.

1. That is easy because I am pretty sure they can not be killed.
    2. What dogs? I know I kill everything fast but I do not remember any dogs.
    3. All ready do kill everything.

The yeti spawning i am sure is random. I have had all the npcs alive and it does not all ways show up.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐

Go with the Mercenary from the Heirloom pack if you want a great active companion, currently its the best one for Damage classes due to the 5 bonding stack, two ring slots (Band of Loathing) and a belt slot. He proc's quickly. :3 So if your a gwf, sw, hr, tr, and dc I would recommended use this if you want great stats in combat. c: The dc would go for power and recovery which won't be a problem with the belt and ring slots. As for defensive classes I would say the portal hound last time I checked. ^.^

I will look into that but I do not want the cultist for stats I want it just because they look cool.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • smellycat2012smellycat2012 Member Posts: 35 Arc User

I've had the yeti appear when all of the allies were dead (drunk cleric and two guards). Drunk cleric deserves it for not healing me.
    GWF - 3623 IL - Auki

1. Any and all can die.
    2. Previous poster meant wolves. The beast handler will call up to two more pairs of wolves if you kill the first pair.

As soon as the beast handler is dead, is when the yeti may appear.
    GWF - 3623 IL - Auki

1. Any and all can die.
    2. Previous poster meant wolves. The beast handler will call up to two more pairs of wolves if you kill the first pair.

As soon as the beast handler is dead, is when the yeti may appear.
    I must kill things too fast then because I do not even remember seeing any kind of 4 legged beast. I just see red bar and swing.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    You've done this for months and haven't noticed the dogs... There's even more than one set of them

You've done this for months and haven't noticed the dogs... There's even more than one set of them

Trust me I am as surprised as you are. The only thing I ever pay mind to when killing it is things bigger then me.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That's fine in a normal fight but if you're attempting to do something specific, step back, observe & think ;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I stand corrected. In game the wolves spawned by the Beastmaster are called "Hunting Hounds". The two which accompany the giant at the end are "Winter Wolves".

Wolves and dogs are related anyways :)
    GWF - 3623 IL - Auki
    Tomato tomAto lol.

Using this method I have had 100% Yeti spawn for 3 weeks. Not saying it's the only way to get it to spawn, just that it's the most reliable.

I stand corrected. In game the wolves spawned by the Beastmaster are called "Hunting Hounds". The two which accompany the giant at the end are "Winter Wolves".

Are you on pc or xbox?
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
    armadeonx said:

That's fine in a normal fight but if you're attempting to do something specific, step back, observe & think ;)

My goal in a fight is kill everything as fast as I can.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Ok put this simple I need help. I have done those "dungeon" cave things in the well every day they have been available since the well of dragons came out and that key for the cultist just does not show. for a few months I had forced them to be the only quests to show by not doing the rest and still nothing. So I want to know what, how often, and how to make that key drop. I am getting sick of running the well with it being a super hard place that gives gear not worth anything for it's cost and the fact that i have all the boons means that is the only thing really keeping me there. And yes I have red about how the active is broke and even if it still is I do not really care about the active I just think he looks cool. (really I think they should add a dragon cultist type armor that makes it so we look just like the cultist of our class. So we could change our weapon and armor so say a gwf looks just like a white dragon wing and if you really wanted to you can look like one with say red armor and or red hair but that is wishful thinking I have a feeling it will never be.) So any help would be good. Is it a real random chance or is it pretty much throw a random die 4 at the wall and hope it lands on a 20?

I have run a quest for a possible chance to get a key every single day since WoD dropped, never seen the key its such a low drop rate.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

This has actually been proven false and I can say that the Yeti has spawned for me even when under all the conditions you named failed. Word on the net is it is just pure RNG whether he spawns or not.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    more on topic, the cultist key. yes, it is pretty random. just like many aspects of the game.
    where i was fortunate to get a key and the companion in less than 15 runs,

my guildie pulled one legendary and one epic mount within 10 keys.
    this game is all about rng. my best pull ever was a blue air archon. over 130 keys. so statistically, in the next 70 i should wind up with an epic drop....

here's hoping.
    and good luck to you, just run it once in a while to keep it from driving you mad.

Are you on pc or xbox?
    I'm on Xbox.
    GWF - 3623 IL - Auki
  • wmadosswmadoss Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Its totally random and all of the above doesnt really matter.
    You can kill the beast handler straight away and yeti can still show up, it also doesnt matter if any NPCs die or not.
    I know people try to find patterns even when there isnt any thats just how we are wired but yetispawn is all random like someone above me alrady posted I see now when editing this post.
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User

Its totally random and all of the above doesnt really matter.
    You can kill the beast handler straight away and yeti can still show up, it also doesnt matter if any NPCs die or not.
    I know people try to find patterns even when there isnt any thats just how we are wired but yetispawn is all random like someone above me alrady posted I see now when editing this post.

just like how people think opening lockboxes in populated areas or in dungeons give you better odds. everyone has their own system.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Only open lockboxes when wearing your lucky pants and standing on one foot.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Ok I tested this over and over and here is some things I found out.

1. All 3 NPCs can not be killed. I left them all to fight and they killed everything (slowly) and not one died.
    2. There is no beast handler nore any wolves. Now if there are that might just be a bug on my part because each test they was not there. Will update if things change.
    3. I have left the others at the shop looking threw alive and if anything the yeti showed up more often but that might have been just the die roll.

I am still testing but these are things I have found so far.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have the repentant cultist companion, I don't really know how I got the key exactly as I got it when I was fairly new to the game but I think it dropped from the boss in cult prison. The Archons are better for damage these days I think.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies