test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How incredably nerfed is the Tymora's Gift event?

theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
I remember the first Tymora's Gift event and the gifts where dropping quite frequently. Like once every 2nd or 3rd minute. It was kinda fun to chase those gifts. Now it seems like they drop once every 15 minutes or so and the gifts seems worse too, which means, i dont really care to go after them anymore. Exaggeration or not - it's definitely very nerfed.

Anybody else noticing the difference?
Does anybody know how nerfed it is?
HR - "The Ungodly"
DC - "The Unholy"
Guild: Ruthless

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Still seems to be dropping every minute and a half for me.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I counted around 1 minute roughly between drops when I was farming last night. Got over 125 in 3 1/2 hours....And I did three Edemos in there too.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Interesting. I got three during one hour. I didn't farm really, but i killed 200-300 foes during that time.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Interesting. I got three during one hour. I didn't farm really, but i killed 200-300 foes during that time.

Could depend on where you farm. If more than 7 levels over, no gifts.

• cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Best places to farm are the areas around the Dragon encounters on the various maps, it reduces your level down to the mobs level and they die fast.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Yesterday i farmed "seriously" for two hours in Drowned Shore and got 34 gifts, so ...an improvement :/. Anyhow, i still stand by that the content of the gifts are nerfed. Less AD and less eggs. I noticed this the last time too when i collected hundreds of gifts.

Also, the first time around the content was pretty rare and worth hunting. Now everything, like profession resources, are worth nothing to no one really. Not even to the newcomers. Yeah, i relly love getting tons of rank 1-3 ench, potions and Residuum. Not to mention the Winter Event that took the air out of every event by overflooding the auction house with companions. Why should anyone care about events anymore.

So to make the events interesting again, maybe they should reevaluate and change the rewards? Or scrap them all and make new once. To nerf and make stuff redundant is the opposite to what they should do.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    I have 280 Favours of tymora how many damned fancy horses do they think I want lol would help if the vendor had other stuff to buy rather than just the horse :)
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    bah ... Tymora is a minor event, its li "hey guys here is a free gift" but thats it, its a "its free so bip it up" kinda thing. Personally i don't care what i get... beside diamond. If i get diamonds its cool, rank 3 enchants bah... every tiny bit help but it won't make a big difference yet its free... so why not. Other stuff i don't care, i got one fancy horse back then when all i had was a regular horse, lets say that the look of it do not fit my dark knigh style of character and its still just a 50% wich i have no interest for.
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    To be fair I opened about the same amount as any other previous Tymoras event and didn't get a single coin when before I averaged 10+. Definitely odd. My RNG lately has absolutely plummeted almost into the negatives.
  • mikecdakiller#8190 mikecdakiller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Will they do this again I have a bunch of coins and nothing to do with them
  • vishara022vishara022 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I perceived a decrease in drop rate. I gott two coins in about 125 gifts. But I'm not really complaining. "Oh noos! I'm not getting as much free stuff! My entitlement!"
  • kittysparkles01kittysparkles01 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I don't find the drop rate changed at all, if RNG is truly random, then it could plausibly never drop the coin for you. It's just the law of averages, sometimes you do better than others.

Besides coins are pretty affordable, and the stat boost is not as significant as in older mods. I only keep mine equipped as just that, a lucky coin to flip.