What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

suggestion : invocation account wide.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Comments

• Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    You'd still need to log those characters for professions. That would negate the convenience of one invoking for all. Besides that, they want people to actually log the characters in for any in-game benefits. Makes their numbers look nicer. I would not hold my breath on this getting more than a "yeah......... no." from the devs.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,235 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    No, they are not going to do that and it does not make sense. Too easy to get AD that way.
    3300 AD x 50 = 165K AD per day for 5 invocations.

It is not going to happen.

Many people could not handle 50 characters at the moment.
    If this is implemented, it would be very stupid not to have 50 characters and the economy will all be messed up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    o.O 15% off would go to character slots every time! =P

Seriously I do 13.. thats more then enough for me.

I could really use about 25 though for RP reasons.. but gaawwwdd all that clicking.
  • Options
    MISSing a profession task wouldnt bother me in case of many characters. ( in first place why they give us 50 !) MISsing an invocation hurts more.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I'd really love to hear the justification for a 50 character limit. I mean, the more the merrier, but that seems like a ridiculous number of toons for an account.

The only way you could justify that number is if they truly intended for people to have massive amounts of profession alts, just sitting and running tasks all day. If you follow that line of justification, its pretty odd how long it took them to realize that if people took those 50 characters and focused them on the 1 useful profession, you could massively screw the economy.

I can't really see any other justification for allowing that many slots, other than greed...."Hey, if you want to buy more slots, we will let you, have fun $$$$$".

Anyways, they made invoking harder with the last change for a reason, they certainly won't make it exponentially easier now by making it 1 invoke for the account. They obviously want you to only invoke while playing, and not do a massive Invoke cycle. I'm sure they also get to put a nice shiny number on their chart to show logins and claim those are all players..."Look, we had 15 million logins last month, we are awesome..." - "But, how many unique accounts?" - *Toss guy out window*.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Maybe one should suggest account-wide effect for invocation except XP.
    Effects:
    - no more 150k AD per day only 3k
    - no more c-ward per a week (actually the number counts for something like 4,5 days, but this 6 rounds invocation program. Explanation for people who thought VIP was major source of Wards: 50 chars = 100 coins a day, for 40 boxes (more or less chance for 1 C-ward) you need 440 coins which is why 4,5 days takes to get one C-Ward. If i remember correctly it took me full week of collecting trade bars to buy one c-ward,
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Maybe they can manage to just the first incovation will be account wide, rest must be one by one like now? That way it's not much AD gain. Deal?
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Invoking is end game for me, mixed with a smattering of professions. I am ambivalent to any sort of change ;p
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    arabatur said:

Invoking is end game for me, mixed with a smattering of professions. I am ambivalent to any sort of change ;p

You made me smile :)
  • Options
    With 80% off, with 2400 Zen, you will have 50 characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Someone said count as login when you invoke for their advertisesment

You'd still need to log those characters for professions. That would negate the convenience of one invoking for all. Besides that, they want people to actually log the characters in for any in-game benefits. Makes their numbers look nicer. I would not hold my breath on this getting more than a "yeah......... no." from the devs.

but they can do that by: my main is online so counts as online player. EVEN if is acount wide then again i need to go if i get a coupon to buy zen item. i suggest this because is not nice to say hey guys wait i need to do for 6 minutes invokes :P
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    With a max of 57 characters on an account and logging in each one to invoke + the time lapse to next invoke + any time wasted in between to do professions = day well spent spinning your wheels. The way invoking is set up is so you spend the time actually playing the game. (just a guess here)

With all the ad removed from leadership and all the bta/btc items nowadays there is not much point in having a lot of alts. Even if you use them for rp its not much return on time investment when playing a max level toon can give you more rp/time spent.

If anyone remembers the old way of invoking you basically got all you needed from the first time and the rest of the day was a waste if you invoked again. Now at least there is some value in the few extra times you do so if you are actually playing the toon.

I can see the wish of having it easier for someone with an army of alts making a change like this. However, the game is not alt friendly over all. Look at the grind @70 for campaigns for just one character. The endless types of currency. The btC items that are exactly the same as btA. Its obvious they want you spending time playing each and every character you have not making an army of maxed out characters using one you spent time and or real life money. They want the same time/money investment on each character.

disclaimer - this is just my 2 copper on the subject. o:)
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I just bought 47 slots.. but only filled 30.. giving me another 17 toons to do professions on, I wont worry about invoking, Ill do that once a day..

it takes me 30+ mins to get through the 30 toons in the morning, with the initial professions + clearing of bags and such.

I then could do it again after im done running dungeons, but I dont bother.

I might get my first 6-7 toons through a full invoke.. sometimes that is.. if I miss some, it doesnt bother me.

Im only doing more toons, because I need more RP, and the game devs, think the only real way of getting RP in this game is by doing heralds.. and after a few hundred herald runs.. I would rather shoot myself then do anymore. So this is the only alternative.. I only earn a couple stacks a month of RP otherwise with dungeon drops and dragon hoards.

Such is life when you actually want to play this mmo.. with more then one toon, this game hates me, like they personally made the game a alt happy game.. to a alt crappy game.

I swear its because I criticized them that they made the game like the comic below.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Before this slot sales, I had 13 slots but only used 9. After the slots sales, I have 25 but only use 12.
    I don't know how I can handle 25 (or even 12) but hey, it is a sales ... for the rainy day. :)

For 50 characters and do invocation, I can imagine this:

The first invocation is 15 minutes (900 seconds). That is 18 seconds for each characters. I don't think you can invoke 18 seconds in average because of time taking for loading and the infamous login server disconnect.
    That means after you finish the first invocation of the day, you can start the 2nd invocation right the way.

Then, if you have a profession army, you have 36 seconds for each character to do 2nd invocation and profession before the invocation clock expires. I don't think one can do that in 36 seconds in average including using gateway to help.

Anyway, after you finish the 2nd pass, you can do the 3rd invocation right the way.

In my rough calculation, it means I will take about 90 minutes before I actually can play the game.
    However, by that time, I would be exhausted and need a break. After the break, I guess I can do the 4th invocation.

I can only say who can deal with 50 characters (assuming no botting program is used) to do all invocation and profession are super beings.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    And now the natural progression of "trying to game the system in some way" brings us to invocation armies. It was only a matter of time.

Question: is running the profession/invoke train on dozens of chars fulfilling or at least fun in some way? Is it time well spent? How is it going to pay off someday, and will it have been worth it?

Dragon's Dogma got ported to the PC. Fallout 4 is out and getting its 5th (or something) round of patches soon. It's almost playable now. :wink: There's fun stuff out there to do. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I dont understand what is the fun of invoking all day.I can understand leadership armies since it required to login,collect and give new orders every 8+ hrs and it could be done via phone.Invoking might be good way to farm RP stones or cwards but I am sure I would have gone mad with that hamster wheel.I do it with only 3 toon which 2 of them,I play casually and even that much bore me