test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP or Pve

ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
Which do you prefer, and what is your reason?

PvP or Pve 30 votes

PvE
63%
randomhateforumsmrimsogoodadinosiiwentrisrrymandestrowodkriptical1wmadossarmadeonxmysticfjltsmithnekoxalorusddem0n888spelldazerdavros#4822volournsundance777firepats12#3687oldgeek#8112 19 votes
PvP
20%
defiantone99prostravayourenext2diekingweed27#9150theslotharmy#3268rumpelstiltskin#6652 6 votes
Neither, I dislike them both at the moment...
3%
timepalace 1 vote
I like them both. Even though they both have many flaws.
13%
marokkrellzak3056zman81420negusanegast 4 votes

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    PvE

PVP was great pre-mod 6, now it is Pali world and is not fun. PVE is just a grind, always has been.

Understandable :3 There's a reason why my Bank is filled with Salvage, mainly rings... lol
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    PvE

PVP was great pre-mod 6, now it is Pali world and is not fun. PVE is just a grind, always has been.

Understandable :3 There's a reason why my Bank is filled with Salvage, mainly rings... lol
    I'm assuming you mean your bank, your alts banks and bags and all your active companions ;) When's the next Double AD. The last one was ages ago :smiley:
    Guild - Excalibur
  • xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    PvE
    @defiantone99 Yeah that would be my undoing. It's about the only way I can get ahead. I think if people want to pay for a faster upgrade that is an option but to make the game an exclusive pay to play would remove their "free to play" title which they covet. Surely they can't possibly down the people after the ward/ruby deal. (Did not mean to be off topic but that left me shaking my head).

Tc
  • xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    PvE
    Well if I read properly they had an AD hack where they now have tons of it. (Yes I went straight into research mode....lol). So that made a little sense. Guess for new players the struggle would be real. They should do a market reset and get that game fun again. Struggling is not something you do to enjoy yourself.
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    PvE
    PvP is trash and is only remotely fun if you spend boo-koo bucks to get a 4k Item Level and go up against people with 2k Item Level.

PvE may be Repetitive, but anyone can easily have fun doing PvE material. NO ONE would have fun getting **** on in PvP if you are not Pay 2 Win.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    PvE
    I used to enjoy pvp, even with the disparity in abilities you often found with premades going up against pugs. I played about 2 hours a day.

Since drains & now OP rings have entered the mix it's become stupid & even though I have access to wards & a selection of +4 rings in the bank I have no desire to get into it again.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    PvE
    PVE ONLY for me.

I mean yes at time it get repetitve, and soon ill have a break of NW a bit and play something else for a little while before getting back to it. But the fun is to get all the things you want, see your character evolve, get better, realizing what you did 2 months ago and struggled for, now you do it with much ease etc...

I like the concept of adventuring with friends and killing monter, funny cause in shooter i despite "horde mode" or zombies or those kind of "bot killing". In shooters in highly competitive in Multiplayer.

But on Neverwinter, i do find any joy in PVP. I started with a GF, probably the worst class for PVP of them all. Then at some point i tried it with my GWF when i had around 2k item levels and got squash...

As some said the item level is too much a factor in this. Im not saying talent and proper use of power or teamwork is compeltely inexistant, but the item level does influence too much a game. If i take you one on one with my 2.5 GWF against your 4K GWF, im done... Not to say that pally with there bubble wich i love in PVE completely screw things up in PVP, and the trickster with the smoke bomb, root me there while he kill me from away... Nah really i never found enjoyement in PVP at all.

I manage to get my siege achievement in like 5 tries.. and that was it, last time i ever did PVP... Every time there is a double glory i think of retrying it, since i progressed since then, and i would at least earn double stuff, but every time i look at it and im like... naaahhhhhh

Im just hoping there is never achievement again for PVP, and if there is, they are simple/boostable, cause i do not want to have to play this ever again. Even if some items that can be purchased with glory only and so on do look interesting.
    PvE

PVE is just repetitive grind.

Yeah......PVP has lots of variety. What with the two maps and all.

Greater Negation, Life Steal, Pallys, Transcendent Feytouched zzzzzzzz

Tbh PVE is repetitive but that's probably because us players make it that way. Anyone up for a Valindras, Malabog, EGWD, ECC?........Nope ELoL or Bust! :)
    Guild - Excalibur
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Why is that comment put on the fouth one? What if i like both, no strings attached?
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    PvE
    ddem0n888 said:

Tbh PVE is repetitive but that's probably because us players make it that way. Anyone up for a Valindras, Malabog, EGWD, ECC?........Nope ELoL or Bust! :)
    Im one of those who would like to run Valindra, Malabog and such more often. Especially malabog, think i did it like twice total in my NW career lol.

Grey Wolf Den tough... way too hard. Did it once for achievement but really the boss take forever, not worth it at all

PvE
    destrowod said:

ddem0n888 said:

Im one of those who would like to run Valindra, Malabog and such more often. Especially malabog, think i did it like twice total in my NW career lol.

Grey Wolf Den tough... way too hard. Did it once for achievement but really the boss take forever, not worth it at all

I'm saving up keys for Valindras at the moment and going to be trying to get a group together to farm a few runs on it. You can get double salvage out of the chest sometimes and possibly an artifact.
    Guild - Excalibur
    PvE

ddem0n888 said:

Yeah......PVP has lots of variety. What with the two maps and all.

Greater Negation, Life Steal, Pallys, Transcendent Feytouched zzzzzzzz
    Oh yeah, I forgot how much lv 70 PVP sucks.
    I don't do lv 70 PVP. I do lv 60 PVP because
    I do not the time nor money for anything in level 70 PVE or PVP.

You know, it's funny because my GWF is built as if it were going to do lv 70 PVP
    Negation, feytouched, 2500 life steal, 6500 ArP.
    lol

You'll have to LVL 70 someday..... Unless you never do PvE so you don't get XP. Or do you get XP for PvP? I've never checked.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    PvE
    Pve all the way
    Pvp makes me feel as if I'm facing off against some Mountain Dew infused spoiled brat, coated in a thick layer of Dorito dust, mashing away.
    It's actually why I skipped wow after being in an endgame EQ guild.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I don't mind rolling either mode tbh. As broken as this game is it is just so damn hard to pop in another game. PvE is far too easy and honestly the only challenge this game has to add is crossing steel with others in PvP. Some (crying) new maps (sobbing) would be nice....?
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • prostravaprostrava Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    PvP
    I PvE so I can PvP, but PvE in this game is mindless thanks to bubble and haste and PvP is now broken thanks to all the kiddies using broken tactics.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    PvE is too easy and PvP no matter how broken at least is challenging.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS