test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ARC 3.0

izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
Hey all,
according to news here:http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9839863-arc-quests-reward-you-for-discovering-new-games
we will be able to complete some quests if we use ARC 3.0 client.
You may find more info about ARC 3.0 here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9839893-arc-3.0-brings-you-closer-to-the-game

I opened ARC client, added a game - Neverwinter Online, but I couldn't find any quests for this game.
Do you know if there are any? Or this 'Quests in ARC' is for other games only?

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    The quests seem to be active now, as my ARC client updated. You'll find the ARC quests by clicking the scroll icon in the lower right hand corner of the client interface.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    One of the quests is "Play Star Conflict". Hmm....yeah, I can imagine that the point of the ARC quests is to drum up some interest in the other offerings of PWE.

Edited for whoopsie moment, see below.
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I'd prolly give it a try, gotta download :p

I'm gonna skip those play this he quests... Can't download so darn much just for some **** Well, I can, but it'll take ages with my speed
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Star Citizen would be this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen
    but i think you mean Star Conflict.

And if you want to give Star Conflict a try, be prepared for another grind. You will enjoy the first tier, with the missions and getting better ships and upgrading your equipment, and start thinking, hey this is a great game.
    But then you will reach the second tier, and suddenly start thinking, why am i wasted within seconds every time i try to fly a mission?

It's pretty much like the PvP in NWO, where you have to fight other players with double or tripple the itemlevel of your character, only in Star Conflict you have the same situation in PvE and PvP.

Anyway, just take a look at how much resources you need in Star Conflict to build even one Destroyer or one of those Special Project ships. Or how much money those "lockboxes" costs there, and how many you would need to complete even one of those ships.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    If you manually add your Neverwinter install to Arc, it doesn't count toward the "play Neverwinter" quest. Arc can't find my Neverwinter install automatically or create a new install due to some bug. So I can't even complete the quests for the game I do play. Disappointing.

Also, you need to reach level 10 before you have enough points to use.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Not sure if that will help, but you could try to find out where ARC is saving the games, and then try to copy your NWO files in there... then if possible let ARC check the files and see if that works.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    regenerde said:

Star Citizen would be this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen
    but i think you mean Star Conflict.

Whoops. My bad. All these similarly named games and little sleep.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I didn't get an quests specific to Neverwinter today. I'm sure there probably are some, but I haven't gotten one yet. I got 2 really easy ones today. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i dont like this new ARC format, too messy and confusing, when i hit "HOME"/"GAMES" i only see one game instead of other games i played, then i found "Block of Cubes" icon where all the other games in my account.
    man, that is so weird and very misleading. previous was easy to navigate.

this new ARC really need lighthouse to steer clear of this mess.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Arc Quests says "per day". Anyone know when that reset is?
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    when I try to play "Arc Quest" it will not start a quest.

It comes up but when I "Click on a quest but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Arc Quests says "per day". Anyone know when that reset is?

Midnight at the client local time, I believe. At least mine did.

EDIT: Yay, play NW for 4 days. I can do that :P

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    You can count me as one of the "I def won't be participating in this, and the new website gives me a headache" category.
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    For those that have not figured it out the scroll located for obtaining the daily quest is located bottom right corner where the mail/message icons are located.
    wylonus said:

i dont like this new ARC format, too messy and confusing, when i hit "HOME"/"GAMES" i only see one game instead of other games i played, then i found "Block of Cubes" icon where all the other games in my account.
    man, that is so weird and very misleading. previous was easy to navigate.

this new ARC really need lighthouse to steer clear of this mess.

To navigate to your games listing click on the box pattern, left side at the bottom. When you hover most things you get a small pop up that describes the item you are hovering over.

For those that have not figured it out the quests reset at something like 4 am pst. However the quest that require you to play x game for so many days do not. They are on a 24 hour timer that starts after you get credit for the first time you log into the game.

For example play Neverwinter 4 days. You log in at 11am. The next day you will not recieve credit for logging into Neverwinter until after 11am the following day. Also if you do not log in until 2pm the second day on the 3rd day you will have to log in after 2pm to get the 3rd days credit.

If you are already logged in when this required time passes by, you should get credit for the day.