test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rookie questions

johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
back playing a rogue after a looooong rogue break and i'm having some issues. I love some help.

1. it seems like when i'm hitting a mob i'm losing stealth. i'm finding it difficult to have a full run of duelist fury without the end breaking stealth. How do I keep my stealth up longer? what am i doing wrong.
2. i see people posting a lot on the forums about crit being important. why? why not stack all power? isn't the goal to be in stealth as much as possible and having crit over 100% is unnecessary?
3. I've got a great rotation for 1 big boss fights but I'm having issue with the groups of smaller mobs. advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    1) stealth depletion, introduced for pvp complains. you cant do much about it. If you are a pve guy, you are going to run an executioner build which by the way has greater stealth regeneration. Your goal is to have lurker assault up most of the times. This means building for Action points production. Snail mount, cleric artifact, tactics class feature and to lesser extend burning artifact weapons really help. Try to lend only the last hits of duelist in stealth in order to have a crit bleed.

2) 1) being said, you are going to be out of stealth a lot in boss fights and crit gives the best damage increase. At least 2 times more than power. Even more considering your only goal is to have duelist flurry bleed to crit.

3) again the class isnt really an aoe clearer... you wont never be the best at it but you can do something.
    4 points in blade blurry required. Stealth ---> smoke bomb ----> lurker assault ----> spam blade flurry until you can, not too fast not too slow otherwise you wont maximize the number of blade flurry you will be able to use.

common rule...stop focusing for dps.
    you arent the best at it. Build a well rounded toon. If recovery is what you think you might need, go for it.
    Not always power/crit are the best choice.
    The class lacks the free HAMSTER most other classes get.
    The same stealth feature is not good at scaling into late game.
    Create your own "no matter what i m going to do it in the time i need" TR.

gear required:
    1) lostmauth full set
    2) vorpal
    3) a negation weapon enchantment / soulforged if you really dont have many problems.
    4) around 10% or more lifesteal. 10% is really the minimum
    5) 100k+ HP
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Regarding stealth, your encounters will empty your bar completely, and your at-will drain I think it's 15%? per hit. So the best combo is actually to start Duelist's, enter stealth just before you finish to get a crit bleed, and then use a stealthed encounter.
  • Options
    naru#7786 naru Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am a fresh newbie.

I'd like to play mostly alone but I have no idea which spec would be good for solo PvE.
    Can someone tell a build for this purpose?
  • Options
    johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    I have no clue on a lvling build. as you go try out the new powers and see what fits. I'm currently running the below after doing a fair amount of research and spending several hours on the test server.

I run into a group, drop smoke bomb and start duelist flurry. right before the end i pop stealth and after flurry ends i hit dazing strike. if anything is left i hit impossible to catch and then repeat. it's working very well.

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=2x99:z0g8m9:8gls:a11d5,1xi3i3i:1500000:1550000:15u50z1&h=1&p=min