test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

preservation wards

Something must be done about the failure rate of preservation wards and the price on the AH. There is no way I can build up a low level toon at the present failure rate. I just tried to upgrade a level 4 empowered rune. I lost 6 preservation wards in the process and it is still not upgraded. At the present cost of just over 4K AD a piece on the AH, I simply cannot afford that kind of failure rate. It is really not a fair or equitable process. If this is how it is going to be then I am going to look for another game to play. This fun and challenging game is turning out to be one that only those with real life money can play. If that is going to be the case, then have a monthly charge. It would be cheaper for the players and bring in more money for the game. You would have more players!

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,240 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Something must be done about the failure rate of preservation wards and the price on the AH. There is no way I can build up a low level toon at the present failure rate. I just tried to upgrade a level 4 empowered rune. I lost 6 preservation wards in the process and it is still not upgraded. At the present cost of just over 4K AD a piece on the AH, I simply cannot afford that kind of failure rate. It is really not a fair or equitable process. If this is how it is going to be then I am going to look for another game to play. This fun and challenging game is turning out to be one that only those with real life money can play. If that is going to be the case, then have a monthly charge. It would be cheaper for the players and bring in more money for the game. You would have more players!

Never use p-ward for anything that is less expensive than a p-ward.

A rank 5 runestone starts from 40 AD.
    A rank 6 runestone starts from 480 AD.
    A rank 7 runestone starts from 544 AD.
    A rank 8 runestone starts from 1400 AD.
    A rank 9 runestone starts from 6200 AD.

For the p-ward you wasted, you could get 3 to 4 rank 9.

In addition, why did you buy p-ward from AH?

It is cheaper in Zen store. 100 Zen for 10 p-ward. With a 15% coupon, 85 Zen for 10 keys.
    Exchange rate: 390 AD for 1 zen.
    390 x 85 / 10 = 3315 per p-ward.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

I lost 6 preservation wards in the process and it is still not upgraded.

That's nothing. Wait till you have to upgrade something with a 5% or 10% chance and you blow thru an entire stack of 99 pwards like butter.

As other said, always check the price of the item you trying to build on the AH. Also check the price of the material you are protecting with the pward. Use the pward only of it is cheaper. Most of us made that mistake at the beginning, then we learn.
  • Options
    malfoirmalfoir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    ...before, I used make rank12´s with Presward, was cheaper... then Tradebar -shop did make difference and now after Tradebar scam, IDK what is cheapest, lucky I did most allready and will not upgrade items now.

Success rate is nice ... 90% can take many presward´s and 3% can be instant...
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    malfoir said:

...before, I used make rank12´s with Presward, was cheaper... then Tradebar -shop did make difference and now after Tradebar scam, IDK what is cheapest, lucky I did most allready and will not upgrade items now.

Just blew through 500,000 AD in pres wards to upgrade a rank 11 to a rank 12, with no success. I have to wait for more cash at this point. Do I continue to try pres wards or do coal? Or spend $60 on some other game????

EDIT: I was frustrated and my math was clearly off: it was about 240,000 AD spent on wards. Rank 11 to rank 12 is a 3% chance.
    Post edited by santralafax on
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2016

malfoir said:

Just blew through 500,000 AD in pres wards to upgrade a rank 11 to a rank 12, with no success. I have to wait for more cash at this point. Do I continue to try pres wards or do coal? Or spend $60 on some other game????
    At this point it seems that making rank 12 enchantments is not viable. We have always been able to buy wards with TBs until now. But, coals are cheaper than Pres wards for now.
    What ? How many wards it is ? 160 ? I never used anything even close to this. (previous quote)

About wards with t.bars: It's not accurate, with the old price at 200 bars for 5 wards (you can check old wiki history)
    No one in their right mind bought p.wards with t.bars, it was always cheaper to buy zen wards, also it was cheaper to use the same zen p.wards over 200 bar c.ward for 3%.

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    micky1p00 said:

malfoir said:

At this point it seems that making rank 12 enchantments is not viable. We have always been able to buy wards with TBs until now. But, coals are cheaper than Pres wards for now.
    What ? How many wards it is ? 160 ? I never used anything even close to this. (previous quote)

About wards with t.bars: It's not accurate, with the old price at 200 bars for 5 wards (you can check old wiki history)
    No one in their right mind bought p.wards with t.bars, it was always cheaper to buy zen wards, also it was cheaper to use the same zen p.wards over 200 bar c.ward for 3%.

Sorry, I was very frustrated when I wrote that and my math was clearly off: it was about 240,000 AD. I was converting to Zen and buying from the market 10 at a time. I'll edit my post above. Nevertheless, I don't know about continuing with that.

And 400,000 AD or a $10 bill seems excessively high as well.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    just sell rank 5 and 6, or consume them for higher ranks.
    those in rank 1 to 4 are meaningless and time consuming to be bother to pick them up from kits and outdated chests. these rank 1-5 are tiny drops, way too small to make a differences to 100k/600k and 1m.
    what you do to get 15 or 30 points in hundred thousand point stones? nowhere faster from where it added.

it was nice at the beginning, now, it get outdated when we reach 70 levels,
    i believe it should started earlier as 10th level to start using them, and then at 15 level, get companions and start on runes.

edit:
    by the way, yeah, those pres wards on zen is way cheaper than t-bar vendor, you get 10 on zen, and 5 from t-bar.
    not enough, folks want extra extra pres wards, with coupons. just have to be patience.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    I disagree. Maybe it isn't fast enough for you, but 10 points is still 10 points closer to the goal.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.