test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVE TR MI Executioner Build

Hey Everyone! I been lurking on here for a long time, looking at other people's posted builds which have given me a ton of information to help refine my build. Since I've been playing it, I've had a ton of success topping the paingiver chart. I am almost always the top in Lostmauth and stay very competitive in other dungeons, even against top geared GWFs. My build is here: http://www.nwohackandslash.wordpress.com . I'd really love to get some feedback and am hoping, with your help, to improve it further. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    enomic123enomic123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Which mob in PvE has 70% resistance?
    Other than that, it looks solid.
  • Options
    liliadrakon#3570 liliadrakon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback! I changed the 70% resistance to 60%. I don't know why I was thinking 70%!

Dying Breath and Twisted grin are very good in pve, but if I take them, I'll have to give up my back alley tactics, which I find to give me better overall damage against bosses, especially during the window to proc shadows of demise.

I picked Arterial Cut over Grim Pleasure because I believe Arterial Cut is more effective, with it's 15% crit severity for every attack from stealth, at increasing damage to proc Shadow of Demise than a flat 5% damage that procs partway through my 6 second window. But, you have a good point. If I switched to Grim Pleasure, it might increase my overall DPS for sure.

I definitely have more than 10% in LS, but I didn't notice a big difference when I used Endless Consumption. Do you know how often EC procs?

You have a good point about action advantage. I know lucky skirmishes is really good, but I may toy around with improved cunning sneak and blade flurry to increase my damage to mobs.

I think that the extra 20,000 hp you get from the defensive boons do help mitigate some of the bigger hits I take occasionally. 20,000 damage is so minuscule compared to the rest that I feel like I just get more mileage from the HPs.

Thanks again for the feedback! I really appreciate being able to pick the brains of people who probably know more than I do!
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback! I changed the 70% resistance to 60%. I don't know why I was thinking 70%!

Dying Breath and Twisted grin are very good in pve, but if I take them, I'll have to give up my back alley tactics, which I find to give me better overall damage against bosses, especially during the window to proc shadows of demise.

I picked Arterial Cut over Grim Pleasure because I believe Arterial Cut is more effective, with it's 15% crit severity for every attack from stealth, at increasing damage to proc Shadow of Demise than a flat 5% damage that procs partway through my 6 second window. But, you have a good point. If I switched to Grim Pleasure, it might increase my overall DPS for sure.

I definitely have more than 10% in LS, but I didn't notice a big difference when I used Endless Consumption. Do you know how often EC procs?

You have a good point about action advantage. I know lucky skirmishes is really good, but I may toy around with improved cunning sneak and blade flurry to increase my damage to mobs.

I think that the extra 20,000 hp you get from the defensive boons do help mitigate some of the bigger hits I take occasionally. 20,000 damage is so minuscule compared to the rest that I feel like I just get more mileage from the HPs.

Thanks again for the feedback! I really appreciate being able to pick the brains of people who probably know more than I do!

Arterial Cut is more a PVP feat, the majority of your PVE attacks are going to be outside of Stealth, the bonus from Grim Promise is flat it's on likely everytime and it's very good for people focusing on Power. The big stealthed hit is something used in PVP with First Strike, etc. I would definitely shift the focus to Critical Chance to benefit even more from Lostmauth and more crits.
    EC does not proc often but when it proc is 3x. It should be in the 20/30% range. It will not be a game changer at all but nor is Rampaging Madness (15% uptime). I think both are ok though.
    More than Lucky Skirmisher that is very important but only with other feats and boons in place I was thinking about Twilight Adept that will make you recover Stealth faster. Action Advantage eventually it's just weak.
    Thank you for letting me pick your brain. I'll definitely make a few of the changes you suggest. Does the wicked reminder debuff do anything for your damage if you already have a resistance ignore of over 60% in PVE?
  • Options
    enomic123enomic123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    - Wicked Reminder is 3x7% debuff (not resistance ignored) on the target, so yes. 7% for each wicked reminder stack on the target.

- Twilight Adept is great.
    - Twisted Grin is pretty much useless in PvE because it only applies on your next hit. You want to use this to hit hard with a single hit, but those high base damage sources are usually encounters and TR encounters have quite some CD on them. You can use it for leveling, to 1hit groups of monsters with Dazing Strike.
    - Grim Pleasure can be better if you are working with really high power, so basically end-game gear.

This build is tailored for end-game rogues:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVHPIh71Zk
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    From your build:

"I use Impossible to Catch far far to often to give it up. Automatically deflect 75% of damage and resist control effects? Yes please. Plus, it gives me an enormous amount of satisfaction to watch a dragon scatter everyone with a wing blast except me chopping away at his soft underbelly. Did you see how far that Great Weapon Fighter flew? Yes. Yes I did."

GWF's surely shrug those off as much as any TR. They are immune while Unstoppable.
  • Options
    Yeah, maybe, but I didn't have a funny picture to go along with a scourge warlock, so GWFs had to bear the brunt of my dry humor, I'm afraid... :P
  • Options
    johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    Why don't you guys use improved cunning sneak?
  • Options

Mostly because improved cunning sneak only increases your stealth time by about 1 second and the damage boost you get from Disciple of Strength and Scoundrel Training are better damage boosts over all.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    ^^ yep, exactly. 5 points for +1 sec of stealth isn't worth it.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User

it was amazing until they nerfed stealth. now its pretty useless,