test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Make private queueing possible for < needed Players

wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
So i would like to suggest that it would be possible to queue in private for a dungeon without having the needed number of players for it.
Private queue - is a new option in the maze engine to do an instance with only the people in your group and no external players.
It brings nothing new if it is limited so that it only works for the needed number of players for the dungeon as in the current version you can also queue 3 man for a 3man dungeon and it is still private (dunno how the new option behaves on disconnect/leave).
It would be lots more usefull if you can queue with less than the needed number of players.

Reasoning behind this :
I play with my partner and we would like the option to do a 3-man dungeon with only 2 players,
I am sure lots of people would like to do 3man content with only one player
I am also sure lots of teams of 3-4 people would love the challenge to do 5-man instances
I am also pretty sure speed running fanatics would appreciate this option.
-not carrying stupid spoiled brat rogues that want to rush the instance on stealth and let you kill the trash
-not carrying stupid bots that only do follow and a auto-attack/min
-not carrying 3k+ilvl players who play on autoattack

We 2 for example leave half of our runs cause of AFK/Bots/Rude people.

Only negative sides of private queueing with with a number of players under the required number for the dungeon would be
- the boting of the dungeon. As bots can spawn enough instances of the game and queue 3 bots exactly the same as 2 or 1 it only reduces the number of spawned dungeons (but the general number will stay the same as bots are already doing single Lair of Ashmadai.).
-Lowgeared players that want to do progress may find themselves- constantly queueing- with the said bots/negative people - but that would motivate them to join a guild and donate $$$ for Strongholds :)

Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12

Comments

• hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    As a solo player, this gets my thumbs up.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I would also like to see this feature included. My personal interest would be in the option to run 3 man dungeons solo as this would extend the amount of 'solo' content available to me. It would also allow me to party up with a friend of mine to run 3 man dungeons and have go at the 5 man ones two as an extra challenge.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Players have been challenging themselves to underman dungeons throughout the history of MMOs. It's unfortunate that Neverwinter seems hostile to the idea. Cryptic knows that players are jumping through hoops to do this by using disconnected teammates. Just remove the hurdles.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    They had that feature in the old low level dungeon. You could just walk into the dungeon alone yourself. I suspect they got rid of that because of resource issue. i.e. one player occupies a full dungeon instance himself.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    And today again - first temple --- teamed up with a bot, second temple teamed up with a bot, 2 nice runs - next run some guy joins tells me my alt is too slow to boost him and leaves probably trying to join some 3k+ GWF in his next try while i get another afk-er ..... grrrrrrr
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    As Plasticbat stated we used to be able to do this, prior to Mod 6, the non-Epic dungeons allowed us to go to the door and enter/run with 1-5 players, I too wish they would bring that back since I gave up doing any dungeons due to the reasons OP stated.......I wish they would allow us to solo or make our own team with as many as we feel we need also......we can only hope :)
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I suspect this is an issue because of botting. Perhaps if they put some safe guards like dialogue boxes that checked if you are absolutely sure you want to go in by yourself with a security question or something like that.

Then again, It could be too complicated and with cryptic undermanned and trying to push out more and more content by the minute.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • tomerant#1526 tomerant Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Are you that lazy to get to dungeon entrance and solo it ? Really ?

Gamers nowdays pff...
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User

Gamers nowdays pff...

except they removed that since a few mods afaik or?

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User

Gamers nowdays pff...

I guess you have not played for a while to know you can't do that anymore.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***