test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "6th bag mentality" of PW/Neverwinter.

theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
I decided to use the 6th bag as an example for the collective broken functions in Neverwinter. You know, the 6th bag that was introduced with Underdark. The bag that cant be seen when you access the bank, the market, etc. An example were you take for granted that the devs test it out before release - and if they make an error you assume that the devs would go "Oh man! To release that was an embarrassing mistake. Lets fix it a.s.a.p!" But that's not how it seems to work.

I, and many many others, could list a ton of broken content like this, but there's a bunch of those threads already. Some broken content that's been there since release (that's almost A YEAR ago) and some that broke along the way. Alot of broken, non functional, glitched, poorly functioning content you assume that the devs should catch before releasing it or at least fix it immediately after. Broken content that has been reported hundreds, maybe thousand, times.

Im posting this thread with hope that some dev would give us some kind of answer to why. Why aren't some stuff fixed? Why has some stuff been allowed to be there for a year?! A week, a month ...sure. But A YEAR? Don't you care about your gamers experience? Because i cant imagine that you're not aware when some broken content are so blatant.
HR - "The Ungodly"
DC - "The Unholy"
Guild: Ruthless

Comments

• Options
    gravious88gravious88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    +1 very frustrating when you spend Zen on a new bag...only to find it glitched.
  • Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

I decided to use the 6th bag as an example for the collective broken functions in Neverwinter. You know, the 6th bag that was introduced with Underdark. The bag that cant be seen when you access the bank, the market, etc. An example were you take for granted that the devs test it out before release - and if they make an error you assume that the devs would go "Oh man! To release that was an embarrassing mistake. Lets fix it a.s.a.p!" But that's not how it seems to work.

I, and many many others, could list a ton of broken content like this, but there's a bunch of those threads already. Some broken content that's been there since release (that's almost A YEAR ago) and some that broke along the way. Alot of broken, non functional, glitched, poorly functioning content you assume that the devs should catch before releasing it or at least fix it immediately after. Broken content that has been reported hundreds, maybe thousand, times.

Im posting this thread with hope that some dev would give us some kind of answer to why. Why aren't some stuff fixed? Why has some stuff been allowed to be there for a year?! A week, a month ...sure. But A YEAR? Don't you care about your gamers experience? Because i cant imagine that you're not aware when some broken content are so blatant.

Yea I already mentioned that in my thread, really sad thing:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1211925/new-6th-inventory-bag-special-quests-forming-the-guild
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Just assume they aren't ever going to fix it as that's their track record.

You should put potions, lockboxes & peridots etc in the 6th so they auto-stack. I just forget about that bag until I need a potion etc or they overflow into the next then I have a clearout.

If a bug loses them money you can be sure they are working on a fix. If there's no direct cost to them then they simply don't bother. For all their "we listen to our community & value your feedback" bull, we have all seen this is patently not the case.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

You should put potions, lockboxes & peridots etc in the 6th so they auto-stack. I just forget about that bag until I need a potion etc or they overflow into the next then I have a clearout.

Yeah, i already do. Once again the players have to adapt and work around broken content since nothing gets fixed. This game is in desperate need of people who actually care and get things done. There's only two possibilities really. Either they're not competent enough to fix the broken content or they just don't care. I bet on the latter, because they surely now about all the issues.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

If a bug loses them money you can be sure they are working on a fix. If there's no direct cost to them then they simply don't bother. For all their "we listen to our community & value your feedback" bull, we have all seen this is patently not the case.

honestly after perfect world entertainment bought cryptic for half a billion dollars, the new ceo n the new senior team does not give a hoot and just sit at the office do nothing but collect money and bonuses as they know ppl that plays game is dumb n will keep spending their own hard cash for zen, if all the gamers, especially the rich one in this game can have an agreement in place n boycott any cryptic games for not spending a single real dollars on zen for 1 month, trust me....the management and the programmer will fix all the issues that they have on all their games as it impact their bottom line n net profit.

is kind of sad that the old CEO and his team resign because of internal issues
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

But A YEAR? Don't you care about your gamers experience?

No, they don't. That's the whole point: the make tons of money even while the game is so flawed, cause there are gamers who don't care about bugs so long as they can slide their CC... And that makes Cryptic happy enough to not spend resources on fixing bugs. It's a vicious cycle.
  • Options
    shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Well the beak down for f2p MMOs if the wallet warriors ($1~10k weekly) don't complain about something then nothing changes, now I'd there id's a bug/glitch that benefits the free players they'll be quick to fix it and that is every f2p out there
  • Options
    buliwynbuliwyn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Bump
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Amaze me how you guys care so much for such a small bug. I use the last bag for all my refinement and so it just go there as i pick it up. I forget about it and when comes double refinement, ill just use everything. End of story. Would i see it fixed? Yeah sure, but compare to some other bugs... its nothing.

For exemple... THRONE OF THE DWARVEN GODS INFILTRATION, an achievement that is almost unobtainable, unless the game decide to be generous out of pure randomness. This need a fix ASAP, yet i seem to be the only one that work for it...
  • Options
    destrowod said:

Amaze me how you guys care so much for such a small bug. I use the last bag for all my refinement and so it just go there as i pick it up. I forget about it and when comes double refinement, ill just use everything. End of story. Would i see it fixed? Yeah sure, but compare to some other bugs... its nothing.

For exemple... THRONE OF THE DWARVEN GODS INFILTRATION, an achievement that is almost unobtainable, unless the game decide to be generous out of pure randomness. This need a fix ASAP, yet i seem to be the only one that work for it...

If you actually read my first post you didn't have to be "amazed."
    The 6th bag is just an example to describe the over all dev mentality when it comes to all bugs and glitches and that nothing seems to be tested or ever fixed.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
  • Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

destrowod said:

If you actually read my first post you didn't have to be "amazed."
    The 6th bag is just an example to describe the over all dev mentality when it comes to all bugs and glitches and that nothing seems to be tested or ever fixed.
    A gree, besides. Not everyone that plays Neverwinter is hunting for achievements. They rather look on the other side of the game and trying to enjoy it without unlocking any achievements.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)