test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions for Zen Market and Trade House

I've searched for the answers for my questions for a while now, but I couldn't find anything really giving me a definite answer, so I figured I would ask on the forums... well, after waiting about a day to even be able to create a topic (kinda weird, but alright. I guess they had a bad time with bots and trolls in the past or something).

I've been playing for about a week now, and I've been enjoying it so far (I ironically joined when the servers were acting up, which was a horrible first impression. But I'm glad that that's all fixed and that's not the usual. It's been playing perfectly for me for the past few days, with any issues being my own Internet), but I've been wondering about the items, like Companions and Mounts, you can get. The descriptions for them are kinda weirdly, at least to me. So I basically have two questions I would really liked to have answered (especially since I have so many diamonds saved up.

-If I were to buy the Ghost Companion from the Zen Market, would that companion be unlocked for every character I create from then on? I am playing as a Warlock now, my only character so far, so if I were to buy the Ghost, and THEN create another character, would that new character have the Ghost companion? And if so, would that be the same for Mounts as well? If so, that would some-what explain why some mounts are worth about $40 if you outright buy them.

-What about Mounts and Companions you buy at the Trade House? I've noticed that none of the Companions from the Zen Market are on it (which tells me they are bound to a player's account, allowing each character to have that Companion, and preventing them from being sold. I can very well imagine people creating character to just sell their Spider Companions over and over again for Diamonds). Would every character I create from now on have, say, a Mount I bought off of the Trade House, or a Companion from it? Or are those a single purchase?

I would love to have that clarified to me, so I don't go in the Trade House and buy one of the more expensive Companions or Mounts, and lose out on the chance to have bought a similar one on the Zen Market for every future character I create.

If you DO get that Companion and Mount for every future character you create, then I would be very impressed. I've played WoW, SWTOR, Dragon's Nest, and a few other MMOs, and none of them had a system like that. It would be cool to be able to have an awesome Companion while riding a faster Mount.

... The feeling of watching everyone riding past me on my normal horse, man. That is horrible. :P

Comments

• Options
    randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    You will have to read the description on the item I am afraid as your answer is on an item by item basis.

Most Companions when purchase (zen/ad) are bound to the Character on equip. (Bind on Equip)

Most Mounts purchased in the ZEN store are currently Account Locked, but all characters on the account get access.

All Mounts purchased in the Trade House/AD are currently bound to the Character on Equip (Bind on Equip)

The description of the item in Zen store should say if its an account unlock or trade-able.

Rule of thumb, if its in the Trade House assume its bind on equip to 1 character. There are a few exceptions (tools/gems) but not many.
  • Options
    mred#4580 mred Member Posts: 7 Arc User

You will have to read the description on the item I am afraid as your answer is on an item by item basis.

Most Companions when purchase (zen/ad) are bound to the Character on equip. (Bind on Equip)

Most Mounts purchased in the ZEN store are currently Account Locked, but all characters on the account get access.

All Mounts purchased in the Trade House/AD are currently bound to the Character on Equip (Bind on Equip)

The description of the item in Zen store should say if its an account unlock or trade-able.

Rule of thumb, if its in the Trade House assume its bind on equip to 1 character. There are a few exceptions (tools/gems) but not many.

I figured that was the case with the Trade House, but I figured I would ask to be sure, as well as the Mounts on the Zen Market, with their strangely high prices.

But not Companions on the Zen Market? That seems really odd to me, since there are none of them on the Trade House, at least none that I know of, and that they seem like they are meant to be bound to Account.

What about that guy who lists all of the things you have collected, like Mounts and Companions in Protector's Enclave? He's to the left of the Hall of Justice, near where you get the daily quests for the dragon cultists. He seems like you were supposed to use him to unlock things for new characters.

And how common/uncommon are companions that are bound to Account? I just found a good wiki site that has a list of Companions, and it has 'Binds on Equip' and 'Binds on Pick up'. Would the 'Pick Up' ones be the Companions that are account wide?
  • Options

Do not make a warlock, they are the worst class in the game.

Make a guardian fighter ;)

Yeah, Healidins are freaking incredible, especially in PVP. It took three players in a game I played just to make ONE run away. Not die, RUN AWAY. And it wasn't even the highest levels of PVP!

But I personally like to play as a DPS, or in this game's case a Controller, and I saw that the Warlock was meant for that. It can do good damage, if you level him up right. I just wish it had better spells that didn't require you to get so close to the enemy.

I'm planning on making a Two Handed character, though (I forgot what they are called in the game. Mighty Weapons, right?) when I have enough Zen to buy a pack on the Zen Market, the Feywild pack. That's one reason why I asked my questions, to know if that Companion and Mount is character or Account Bound. I think the Companion is Account, since you get it through the Rewards Person in Protector's Enclave. It the same 'Binds on Pickup' as the Renegade Illusionist, which I got for linking my email.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the hero of the north pack is awesome comes with a very good companion and mount unlockable on all the characters. the dragonborn pack comes with an artifact and ring that are on all your toons and then some one character stuff on top of that.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

You have still yet to reach 70 have you not? A warlock is one of the best pve and pvp classes (depending how your built) :p Litterally @theslotharmy#3268 I still don't see how you can judge a class when you don't see it's true power.
  • Options
    randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    There is a difference between buying a pack, and buying a companion. :)

Again you will need to read the desc of the item. Most Packs are account unlocks, and if they include a companion they are unlocked for the entire account and can not be traded. (Slyph/Merc)

This is different than buying a companion. When you buy a companion directly, its bind on equip but could be traded/sold prior to use.
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Yeah , sw's and gwf's blow my decently geared(3140) CW out of the water on pain giver. Granted I'm MoF, still..both are off the charts powerful, if done well.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    mred#4580 said:

I've searched for the answers for my questions for a while now, but I couldn't find anything really giving me a definite answer, so I figured I would ask on the forums... well, after waiting about a day to even be able to create a topic (kinda weird, but alright. I guess they had a bad time with bots and trolls in the past or something).

I've been playing for about a week now, and I've been enjoying it so far (I ironically joined when the servers were acting up, which was a horrible first impression. But I'm glad that that's all fixed and that's not the usual. It's been playing perfectly for me for the past few days, with any issues being my own Internet), but I've been wondering about the items, like Companions and Mounts, you can get. The descriptions for them are kinda weirdly, at least to me. So I basically have two questions I would really liked to have answered (especially since I have so many diamonds saved up.

-If I were to buy the Ghost Companion from the Zen Market, would that companion be unlocked for every character I create from then on? I am playing as a Warlock now, my only character so far, so if I were to buy the Ghost, and THEN create another character, would that new character have the Ghost companion? And if so, would that be the same for Mounts as well? If so, that would some-what explain why some mounts are worth about $40 if you outright buy them.

-What about Mounts and Companions you buy at the Trade House? I've noticed that none of the Companions from the Zen Market are on it (which tells me they are bound to a player's account, allowing each character to have that Companion, and preventing them from being sold. I can very well imagine people creating character to just sell their Spider Companions over and over again for Diamonds). Would every character I create from now on have, say, a Mount I bought off of the Trade House, or a Companion from it? Or are those a single purchase?

I would love to have that clarified to me, so I don't go in the Trade House and buy one of the more expensive Companions or Mounts, and lose out on the chance to have bought a similar one on the Zen Market for every future character I create.

If you DO get that Companion and Mount for every future character you create, then I would be very impressed. I've played WoW, SWTOR, Dragon's Nest, and a few other MMOs, and none of them had a system like that. It would be cool to be able to have an awesome Companion while riding a faster Mount.

... The feeling of watching everyone riding past me on my normal horse, man. That is horrible. :P

You could get the Heirloom Pack, that comes with a decent Companion which you can use for every character, he also happens to be BiS for some Builds/Classes. Otherwise other packs as others have mentioned have account wide Mounts etc. Here is a link to all the packs...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9127373-neverwinter-xbox-pack-overview
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    mred#4580 said:

Yeah, Healidins are freaking incredible, especially in PVP. It took three players in a game I played just to make ONE run away. Not die, RUN AWAY. And it wasn't even the highest levels of PVP!

But I personally like to play as a DPS, or in this game's case a Controller, and I saw that the Warlock was meant for that. It can do good damage, if you level him up right. I just wish it had better spells that didn't require you to get so close to the enemy.

I'm planning on making a Two Handed character, though (I forgot what they are called in the game. Mighty Weapons, right?) when I have enough Zen to buy a pack on the Zen Market, the Feywild pack. That's one reason why I asked my questions, to know if that Companion and Mount is character or Account Bound. I think the Companion is Account, since you get it through the Rewards Person in Protector's Enclave. It the same 'Binds on Pickup' as the Renegade Illusionist, which I got for linking my email.
    if u wanna make a gwf for pvp..stack on lifesteal on def n u will b unkillable
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User

DPS guardian fighter is squishy tho they can 1 shot other dps class with their encounter SW on the other hand if u build it right SW is 1 of the best class in the game for pvp n pve
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    Thanks you for everyone that respond to my questions! It has really helped me understand just how the items in the game works, mainly in the Zen Market. Ironically, I learned how the companions worked, with which ones are bound to characters and accounts, literally the next day after I posted my second question. I can find the Ghost Companion in the Trade House, which I didn't see before because, for some odd reason, the listings for it only goes to 400 items. But now I know only a select few, which are marked by 'Bound on Pickup', are account wide unlocks.

I was already planning on buying one of the packs, mainly the Feywinds pack, because I like the Companion in it, along with the race. Not so much the mount (white unicorn... yeah, my Warlock will look bad a$$ riding a freaking sparkling unicorn. -_- But it has a 110% speed buff, much better than my 50% horse. I could always buy a faster horse, but they cost WAY too much. I'd rather buy a pack and unlock the mount for EVERY character, you know?), but still.

But now that I actually see what's in the other packs, I might buy the Champion one, because the race is similar, the mount is FAR better (what's more scary? A sparkly white unicorn or a battle-ready giant spider!?), and the companion is... meh. I prefer the fairy one, but outweigh what you like and don't like, right? I don't think I'm getting the dragon one any time soon, though. I don't know why, but I just don't like how that race looks. It's not the design, it's my own personal tastes, but... yeah. It doesn't even come with a companion! Although that bag would be VERY helpful, especially since my own main bag is full of celestial bags in the hopes of getting a coupon for a pack when I have enough Diamonds/Zen for it!
  • Options
    mred#4580 said:

Thanks you for everyone that respond to my questions! It has really helped me understand just how the items in the game works, mainly in the Zen Market. Ironically, I learned how the companions worked, with which ones are bound to characters and accounts, literally the next day after I posted my second question. I can find the Ghost Companion in the Trade House, which I didn't see before because, for some odd reason, the listings for it only goes to 400 items. But now I know only a select few, which are marked by 'Bound on Pickup', are account wide unlocks.

I was already planning on buying one of the packs, mainly the Feywinds pack, because I like the Companion in it, along with the race. Not so much the mount (white unicorn... yeah, my Warlock will look bad a$$ riding a freaking sparkling unicorn. -_- But it has a 110% speed buff, much better than my 50% horse. I could always buy a faster horse, but they cost WAY too much. I'd rather buy a pack and unlock the mount for EVERY character, you know?), but still.

But now that I actually see what's in the other packs, I might buy the Champion one, because the race is similar, the mount is FAR better (what's more scary? A sparkly white unicorn or a battle-ready giant spider!?), and the companion is... meh. I prefer the fairy one, but outweigh what you like and don't like, right? I don't think I'm getting the dragon one any time soon, though. I don't know why, but I just don't like how that race looks. It's not the design, it's my own personal tastes, but... yeah. It doesn't even come with a companion! Although that bag would be VERY helpful, especially since my own main bag is full of celestial bags in the hopes of getting a coupon for a pack when I have enough Diamonds/Zen for it!

The Dragon Race is extremely ugly unfortunately which is one of the reasons I do not choose it as a Race lol, even though I have unlocked it and tried it out.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    The bag is on every character you have now or in the future. The dragon pack is one of the best values in the game IMHO. The race is the least important thing about it
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    mred#4580 said:

In the next Mod, The Maze Engine, the stable feature will allow you to assign a speed to a mount as long as at least one of the 5 mounts in the stable has it. So, you can use the speed boost from the Unicorn and apply it to the horse and make the horse 110 speed.

Wow, quoting messed up.
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    From my poin of view :

SW are better DPS than CW by a mile. And CW are just annoying most of the time. Exept for tiamat and some stuff like that they make ennemies fly away when you actually want them grouped up to swing that sword... Now i know its a matter of powers used, but man does i curse againts CW very often when they make them fly(no mic plugged obviously lol)

I run a GF and altough he is full TANK, when i had a go at PVP my god was it horrible... I walk slow, i can't hit at all... i get rooted, smoke bombed, everything they can and i can never kill anybody. Obviously i just hate PVP so i don't care that much but still...

As for mounts, i had the same thinking as you... WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE? You just start in a game, you want to enjoy it, diamonds especially in mod 6 where a rare thing for low levels, and your 50% horse blows so much... So you want a faster mount but they expect you to drop 30$ on it... like what???

I literaly had to wait for black friday sale at 50% off and a while after i started playing to get my first mount, the tiger one.

Now sure the mount of lockboxes have stats, wich may explain there insane price but i still think there way too overpriced for what there worth and what they look like. A mount should be like 10$ max in the zen market, anything above that is pure stealing.

I will admit it bug me how much gold is useless in this game. Really beside injury kits, potions and removing enchants for the PVP people, it serve NO PURPOSE. Best i ever got with gold is some low tier companion that people got out of the festival, and right before they dropped, some mark of potencies. I guess the guy knew they would drop in price, and i desperatly needed them back then, but they where still expensive on AH. So i bough a bunch with gold. Turned out i overpaid them i think from the current price/drop rate they have, BUT since i used gold... i don't care. Have been stockpilling this again since then...

I wish you could buy some refinement, or some mounts(exept crappy 50% horse) or more or less something worth it with your gold.
  • Options
    destrowod said:

From my poin of view :

SW are better DPS than CW by a mile. And CW are just annoying most of the time. Exept for tiamat and some stuff like that they make ennemies fly away when you actually want them grouped up to swing that sword... Now i know its a matter of powers used, but man does i curse againts CW very often when they make them fly(no mic plugged obviously lol)

I run a GF and altough he is full TANK, when i had a go at PVP my god was it horrible... I walk slow, i can't hit at all... i get rooted, smoke bombed, everything they can and i can never kill anybody. Obviously i just hate PVP so i don't care that much but still...

As for mounts, i had the same thinking as you... WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE? You just start in a game, you want to enjoy it, diamonds especially in mod 6 where a rare thing for low levels, and your 50% horse blows so much... So you want a faster mount but they expect you to drop 30$ on it... like what???

I literaly had to wait for black friday sale at 50% off and a while after i started playing to get my first mount, the tiger one.

Now sure the mount of lockboxes have stats, wich may explain there insane price but i still think there way too overpriced for what there worth and what they look like. A mount should be like 10$ max in the zen market, anything above that is pure stealing.

I will admit it bug me how much gold is useless in this game. Really beside injury kits, potions and removing enchants for the PVP people, it serve NO PURPOSE. Best i ever got with gold is some low tier companion that people got out of the festival, and right before they dropped, some mark of potencies. I guess the guy knew they would drop in price, and i desperatly needed them back then, but they where still expensive on AH. So i bough a bunch with gold. Turned out i overpaid them i think from the current price/drop rate they have, BUT since i used gold... i don't care. Have been stockpilling this again since then...

I wish you could buy some refinement, or some mounts(exept crappy 50% horse) or more or less something worth it with your gold.

Gold can be converted into Guild Marks :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    By droping in the coffer you mean? Well if so its pretty useless. 1 Gold = One Guild Mark? PULZZZZZEASE lol

My guild never had a gold demand or anything, so i never had to drop some, i would had do so if needed, but it never happened. I guess most people do not mind wasting it in the coffer and i wouldn't either. But for the sole sake of turning it into a tiny ammount of guild mark... no thanks.