test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions to fix razor action (whisperknife)

svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
My fellow whisperknife players will already know about this unfortunate class feature.

Razor Action --> After activating a daily power you fling daggers into nearby targets. Rank ups expand the radius with 5ft. as well as the damage by 10%.

Nobody uses this feature because the damage output is just too low compared to other features. Also to up the damage one needs to spend 5 feat points to make the daggers get a bleed effect as well as use the artifact offhand to increase the damage it deals. Which is a large investment for not alot of damage output.

So I wanted to hear sugestions from our community to see if we can come up with fun or good alternatives to how this class feature should behave to make it more appealing to use.

The one I could come up with is that; instead of making it proc on a daily power, it should lauch on a dodge roll, maybe with a stackable buff like Cloud of Steel. This would make it a more interesting mechanic as well as to give whisperknives some way to deal damage while being forced out (compared to Master Infiltrators that just press Impossible to Catch and dps on).

Are there any other suggestions/comments regarding razor action?

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I have never bothered to put any points in this passive power... so I have nothing to offer.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    then what would be a good passive in your opinion so it can be as good, or at least be an alternative fighting style to advantageous position or oppressive darkness?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Really annoys me that CWs get class features that are good for DPS, but a TR can't at least deal some nice burst for using a daily.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Every class has some sort of CC that is better than anything a TR can deliver.

So why do you not like using Opp Dark and Adv Pos?

My suggestion is this... because this is how I developed my build. Copy your character, a few times so you can make different versions, to the Preview server. Then when you do this you can play with respecs all you want... before you find something that works for you. Most of my fellow TRs know that I will always tell another up-and-coming TR... to find their own way. Find out what kind of TR you want to be... and play it.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Maybe with a DoT effect ( all 2s during 6s after a daily )..definitively not inspired.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I'd take the artifact weapon power and make that the BASE damage of Razor Action (+25%), if not higher (+50% or more, as the damage currently is pitiable).

Then change the artifact weapon power to something else - an AoE slow or root, perhaps.

While they're at it, up the damage on Oppresive Darkness too please.