test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Smokebomb AoE delay

tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
Does it work this way on all kinds of graphics, low, medium, high?
I have low graphics and when TR uses smokebomb I can see it (red AoE) only after around 5 seconds, it's a terrible delay!
Can't dodge, can't do anything, just stand and hope I will be away from the AoE.

I heard from some people who have the game set on high graphics they also get the SB visual delay.

Can it get fixed?

Comments

• kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Dunno. Can you upgrade your PC?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    FYI, TR smokebomb is very easy to avoid. Dev's build in a delay from when you activate to when the victim gets the stun effect.

If you are having the delay on the OTHER end and unable to dodge it is most likely your latency
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Now I'm confused.

Are we talking about the graphic glitch that sometimes conceals the smoke effect when a lot of other effects are overlapped on that particular area, or are we talking about the graphics lag happening to low-end machines with particle effects such as smoke or clouds?

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Its not about the SMOKE itself, I can see smoke ,its about the RED AOE that is delayed. If you do premades its ALWAYS a lot going on.... so can't really dodge it even if you wanted to.

So it's a glitch that should be fixed. I've asked many people and even those who have great PC and use high graphics they also have this problem
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Its not about the SMOKE itself, I can see smoke ,its about the RED AOE that is delayed. If you do premades its ALWAYS a lot going on.... so can't really dodge it even if you wanted to.

So it's a glitch that should be fixed. I've asked many people and even those who have great PC and use high graphics they also have this problem

There are a lot of issues with vanishing aoe circles in PvE content, as well. In the Malabog fight certain AoE effects--especially the dragon's little lightning bombs--will flicker in/out, or seem duller and less noticeable, or simply not render at all.

For the smoke bomb in PvP, yes, you definitely have to go by the sound that the skill makes on use, as once you see the actual AoE zone you have already been hit by it. Most of the time I get hit by an enemy SB it's because I couldn't hear the skill getting used over the din of combat.
  • tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I really want this to get fixed, it's hell to play with this if it's more than 1 TR in a team!