test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soft & Hard Caps?

Hello I'm new to the game can someone tell me the Soft & Hard Caps of all stats in the game please? Thank you

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    You might want to look down the page for a thread called Diminishing Returns. It is covering this information.
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    @projectdanny I know one thing. On your stat sheet, if you're below the soft cap the number pertaining to that stat will be white. It turns yellow when you hit the soft cap.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    ooh I didn't know that either, thanks :D I did wonder about the yellow stats...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    wmadosswmadoss Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    amafia313 said:

@projectdanny I know one thing. On your stat sheet, if you're below the soft cap the number pertaining to that stat will be white. It turns yellow when you hit the soft cap.

That definitely is not true.
  • Options
    wmadosswmadoss Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    armadeonx said:

ooh I didn't know that either, thanks :D I did wonder about the yellow stats...

Its not accuracte either.
    Pretty sure the stats turn yellow ff they are buffed by something (a boon or smiliar)
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    amafia313 said:

Hmm, I always thought it turns yellow when the stat is increased by a buff
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    There are no hard caps in the game and the soft caps vary depending on the class and the stat.

Stats do not change color when you reach a soft cap. I can't recall for sure what yellow stats mean but it is definitely not related to caps.

The game is all diminishing returns so there really isn't a consensus on where a soft cap starts to change colors for it. It all depends on when you feel you are not getting enough "bang for your buck" to continue stacking a certain stat.