test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elitecloud's Haste Cleric.

elitecloud04elitecloud04 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Hello everybody, welcome to Elitecloud's Hasty Devoted Cleric build.

I want to take a quick second, and thank reddit user /u/TehPuppy for helping me collaborate on this. As well as Zelink, Viral and Vex from .

This is my first published build, it may not be 100% 'correct', I could be wrong with how things work / interact with other things. I am by no means an expert on the cleric, or the game in general.

I'm a semi-casual player, I don't have the best of anything but I promise this build will work for high end to low end and everything in between. :)

What is a Hasty Cleric? Well we build Action points for the team, which is a great pairing with Oathbound Paladin's because their bubble keeps teams alive. With a few of our feats and powers, we can also bump up damage resistance and power thru the roof.

Currently sitting at 2505 Item Level, so mid range gear so far.

Class

I went with Dragon born, a good substitute would be Sun Elf or Human.

Stat Roll

I went with a base roll of

18 STR - 10 Con - 10 Dex - 10 int - 18 Wis - 13 CHA

With Wisdom and Charisma bumped up all the way.

ending with 20 - 12 - 12 - 26 - 20

Keeps me pretty balanced, Could roll Higher charisma for faster recharge and more AP gain, but i didn't want to spend the 1400 zen ATM.

Heroic feats

Healing Action 5/5 - 5 % more AP when using a healing ability (we spam healing abilities)

Greater Fortune 3/3 - 3% more healing

Toughness 3/3 - 9 % more HP -- it's important enough to stack - if we get hit we are usually dead anyways.

Weapon Mastery 2/3 - 2% crit chance, points kinda gotta go somewhere..

Repurposed Soul - 3/3 - 15% extra i want to say 100% proc on crit

Bountiful Fortune 4/5 - with this at 12 % (and divine fortune at 4/4 - i build full divinity in 3 hits)

Paragon path - Anointed Champion is the route i took, with Anointed Army (daily) and some of the power sharing feats & powers I'm using, I've jumped party members up to 47k power, it spikes up and down do to their proximity, if a Paladin is sharing his power and some other factors i may not be fully aware of. It seems to hover around 8 to 12k extra power on a semi-regular basis.

Virtuous -Where we get our healing and that oh so sought after haste

Lasting wishes 5/5 - 10% healing when we have to heal

Battle Fervor 5/5 - 15% more power from our at will *drool*

Gift of Haste 5/5 - Heal over time powers 5% Action point gain --- the bread and butter of this build.

Purity 5/5 - 10% chance to heal for an extra 200% (this is not dependent or weapon damage this is just a flat 200%)

Cleansing Fire 5/5 - 50% chance to apply Heal Over Time (HoT) with a damaging encounter "divine glow / sunburst / break the spirit"

Shield of the divine 1/1 - Apply's a HoT - which will apply Haste when a party member takes damage. Also Healing word / Bastion / Divine Glow no longer heals directly, it converts to a heal over time. This is what makes this different from the Faithful path, we no longer have a "OH HAMSTER YOU NEED A HEAL" stack enough heal over times, it will catch them up to where they need to be.

Righteous Path - I did these for the DPS, that's not my job - these are purely for the personal AP gain, AP gain after my daily ends for the team and increased power sharing.

Furious Intervention 5/5 - AP Gain when dealing damage for self

Ancient Warding 5/5 - 3% heal when Anointed Army ends, that's ok, I'm more about the 5% AP Gain when it ends tho.

Weapons of Light 5/5 - 30 foot radius 10% of my power shared for entire party.

At wills

Astral Seal 4/4 - Applies life steal every 4 seconds

Blessing of Battle 4/4- Decent amount of damage - Increases Damage resistance and because of Battle Fervor also increases party by 15% of my power. Kinda slow on the casting times but it builds Divine Power so quickly.

Comments

• elitecloud04elitecloud04 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Encounters

Sunburst - 4/4 (not sure if this increases the AP Gain being maxed, might be ok not taking it to 4) This is my AP generating machine. Cast 99% of the time in divinity. It's quick but close, you have to get in next to who you want. If you cast it empowered, and it hits the target and your ally at the same time 25% more AP is generated. This can HAMSTER party's off due to the knock back. So keep that in mind. Bosses can't be knocked back so :)

Healing word - regular or empowered but never in divinity as it only applies temp HP, not haste or a heal. a good strong heal over time - 3 charges medium cooldown. mostly used in between pulls when i need to "charge" the paladin's bubble. Reach out and touch someone who needs that heal.

Chains of Blazing 3/3 - For solo

Daunting Light 3/3 - For solo

Divine Glow 4/4 - HoT (HASTE!!!) damage buff and debuff, the overall all around awesome sauce of encounters. Doesn't debuff as well as break the spirit, but it's another haste machine, when empowered it applies a debuff and huge range for HoT / Haste.

Break the Spirit 4/4 - Only cast as empowered - 30% increased damage to party, and less damage output from the target.

Astral Shield 4/4 - Never know when you need that extra damage resist if you don't have a paladin around.

Bastion of health #/4 -- i have 3/4 into it, i don't use it often anymore, it's a huge radius but the casting time on it is horrible. The strongest heal we have by far, but regular and empowered are the only versions that apply haste. Divinity version does not. For that I don't slot it.

Personals

Divine Fortune 4/4 - 20 % increased Divine Power. this along with 4/5 in bountiful fortune, i get full divinity in 1 Astral Seal and 2 Blessings of Battle.

Hastening Light 4/4 - 4 second cool down for allies within 50' of their recharge times, after i cast a daily. Which is very very often.

Anointed armor - For when your running solo.

Dailies:

Hallowed Ground - 4/4 - Increased Damage Resistance and Increased Damage. I can build dailies so quickly that Hallowed and Anointed Army can both be up at the same time.
    **Note** after some testing it seems when Hallowed ground is up, I CANNOT build any AP for myself. No clue what this is about, just stick to spamming A.A. for the time being.

Anointed Army 4/4 - Increased power - more damage resistance - immune to control effects - plus it's feated from Ancient Warding for the AP Gain.

Boons -- This part needs some work :( -- I just picked things that would give me more power (to share) and more crit strike

Equipment

Offense -> Radiant Enchants - More power means more power shared, Maybe Brutal for better balance with Critical Strike at Rank 10+.

Defensive -> Radiant Enchants - More life I've been told. You'll get more bang for your buck with life over stacking DEF. Again, at Rank 10+ Brutal Enchants offer a better Balance between HP and DEF.

Elven Restoration set Power Critical Strike are what we are shooting for. We have no need for Armor Pen.

Main hand you'll want to unlock the feature for Astral Seal, I strongly think that it's better than the 9% damage from BoB.

Off Hand - Feature of Hastening Light - So when you pop a daily -4 seconds of cooldown time for the party, but also 10% of their Action Points as well. (48 cubes later and I got the Hastening Light Feature :( )

Shirt & Pants - Want to shoot for the Prelate's Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Combo - Find a friend - make it yourself - or buy them. Power and Crit strike.

Rings -

I went with Personalized Adamant Rings of Regeneration for the bumps in life, a dead cleric can't apply haste. You could also go with Adamant Rings of Recovery to boost some power / recovery.

Neck / belt / artifact set.

I went with full Lathanders, If I soulforge or get picked up I'll heal everyone else who's still alive 50% of their life. With the Eye of Lathander, you can use it to pick someone up across the battle field. Super nice if someone died in the Lava/Gold on Lostmauth, or it's chaotic and no one seems to stop what they are doing to pick up someone. Mostly used for the OP if they take a major spike RIP.

Artifacts

Well, Sigil of the devoted isn't really all that necessary - Hasty's make more AP in a shorter amount of time.

I use wheel of the elements, it's cheap atm and the utility of it is pretty awesome. HP and Power

Sigil of the Oathbound Paladin - this thing gives haste like a mad man, very nice for inbetween pulls or a tough fight.

I like

Tiamat's Orb - Power Crit - Recover - AP GAIN!!!!

Sigil of the Hunter - Power Recovery

Sigil of the Great Weapon - Power - Max HP (not as much as OP tho)

Pets / companions

image - can slot 2 double slotted rings in it, and a double slotted belt. 1000 zen and it will have all it's slots open

3 Bonding rank 8 bonding stones, my ion stone is currently giving me 2831 Power all the time. And i don't have all double slotted rings in it yet.

Flame Spirit - 1% AP Gain, more AP = More Power and more power shared.

Earth Archon a great little tanky pet, cheaper to buy it at purple than to upgrade it ATM. Defensive slots, throw bondings in there and he will tank and tank and tank. I'd like to check out the Young Yeti, but for now these are my two regulars. The other's are just scrubs and don't deserve to be mentioned.

Ion Stone for dungeons with a paladin.

Tank Pet for when running solo or dailies, you need something to take some of that heat off of you.

So this is how it all comes together. For insane AP Gain - Dungeons with a Protection Paladin this is my go-to.

Astral Seal x1 - Blessing of Battle x2 = full divinity

Then RB / Tab to enter divinity mode, Sunburst x3. This is the fastest encounter in divinity mode we can cast.

Once empowered, you can cast divine glow or break the spirit, depending on what debuff you want. D.G. adds haste, BtS does not. Then a regular sunburst for the AP gain, healing word for AP Gain or just get back into the rotation of Seal x1 & BoB x3.

When your daily is up, pop Anointed Army.

For solo - it's gonna be tough - pop that tank pet and prepare for a long fight.

Sunburst to knock things off of you.

Chains / Daunting light for damage output

Swap Hastening Light for Anointed Armor for more D.

Video on how much power i can give myself

How quickly my daily comes up

I think i covered most of it guys. Thank you so much for your time and support. Peace.

edit : Shout-out to /u/LokiShinigami for helping with editing and formatting
  • elitecloud04elitecloud04 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Also would like to edit this.

The snail has inclreased my Daily output considerably.
    I no longer use hallowed ground, and switched it for the hammer one.

When i have a pally that doesn't need haste, i use healing word / divine glow x3 / break the spirit.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Paragon path - Anointed Champion is the route i took, with Anointed Army (daily) and some of the power sharing feats & powers I'm using, I've jumped party members up to 47k power, it spikes up and down do to their proximity, if a Paladin is sharing his power and some other factors i may not be fully aware of. It seems to hover around 8 to 12k extra power on a semi-regular basis.

I've a similar build on the pc version: currently I'm at 3.6k. Despite some differences, it seems to me that 8-12K power buff is too high. Blessing of Battle + Battle fervor + Weapons of light grant a buff up to 25% of your power: you're 15K and it means that you can buff 3.75k power. 4k - 8K are missing and AA doesn't increase the power according to the description of the power and the description of the feats, but maybe it is different on the xbox.
    I've 25K power and I can boost up to 6.25K: I'm not aware of any other cleric feat/power which is able to increase the power furthermore: you can buff/debuff damages, DR, etc with other powers but not the power stat.
    Other classes can bost the power and the "47K" effect is given by the sum of the total buff of the tea, (example with an OP devotion, a GF or a TR), but I've never seen 47K on the pc version at 3.6K

Hastening light is currently bugged on the pc version: cannot tell for Xbox, but I would suggest to check it.
    I use the powers in a different way and I've different companions. If you want to be a real "AP cleric", you should invest more on recovery and AP gain points. Just to give you an idea, currently I've +94% Ap gain stat. With such amount of AP gain, you can forget Astral Shield and run dungeons with AA only and without GF/OP.

My two cents suggestion; divine fortune should be 5/5 or you will lack divinity gain... ;)..and as AP cleric, you should focus more on recovery: that should be 50% of your power (if you have 15K, you should have araound 7,5K). 4,5K is too low.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

Hastening light is currently bugged on the pc version: cannot tell for Xbox, but I would suggest to check it.

Clerics seem to be finding out that it doesn't work on the Xbox One either.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210185/hastening-light-does-not-work-properly-including-offhand-power

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1209630/help-with-hastening-light
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

4k - 8K are missing and AA doesn't increase the power according to the description of the power and the description of the feats.
    Errata corridge: AA increase the power by about 50% of your power.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • lais#4264 lais Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Is this build still one of the best for mod 8? Any changes or underdark boons recommendations?
  • antwo91antwo91 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    As long as you have gift of haste and the cap stone for the Virtuous path, it doesn't really matter what gear you have.
    Hasters are just a utility, you don't need anything but the right feats and moves, spammed over and over.
    Takes the fun out of actually healing but necessary for running with people who aren't geared and count towards the bubble.

When I haste, I stick with divine glow, healing word, and Break the Spirit. Constant haste and an attack buff, with a pally.
    Without a pally its different and I would need to switch up moves depending on the group.