test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First-time Steam Purchase Probation - how long was it for you?

carianne9carianne9 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
On Feb 14, I purchased Zen via Steam. I read their support FAQ about it first: https://support.arcgames.com/app/games/detail/a_id/4223/p/96. This told me it was fine to purchase Zen this way. What that doesn't tell you is that a first-time Steam purchase will put your account on probation during which you cannot use the ADX, and also all Zen market purchases will be bound. Frankly, I think it is horrible of them not to provide that information. It is critical information they should provide beforehand, not after! I hear they are good at editing prior posts, surely they can edit this one.

It is now 8 days later and I am still on probation. I've submitted a ticket and all they can tell me is to refer me to this link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/541996/neverwinter-security-update-07-31-14. They say they cannot tell me how long probation will be - another day or two, another week, or god forbid if Steam sends their information monthly, then maybe another 4 weeks. This is just unbelievable. I'm a regular purchaser of Zen, and have plans to buy keys and a lot of Zen to convert to AD for my purchases in preparation for 2x RP. Especially since I was going to go from R10 to R11 enchants, and you know for that I'll need coals! (if I bring myself to buy them)

This is extremely frustrating. And not knowing how long it will be is just making it worse. Surely, they must have an idea if these Steam purchase verifications take a few days, two weeks, or a month!

So since customer service can't give me an idea how long this will last, I'm going to ask my fellow players who have had this happen to them. How long were you on probation for after making a Steam Zen purchase? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Usually a week to 10 days. There was a more detailed explanation on the forum but I can't seem to find it. However, do be aware that each purchase from Steam, regardless of frequency, entails this probationary period. This has to do largely with the way in which Steam remits payment for the ZEN purchased to PWE.

The short explanation: Steam does not remit credit card information to PWE, thus PWE cannot verify your card information, and therefore, the probation flags for every purchase through Steam until PWE receives payment from Steam for that purchase, as Steam pays PWE in bulk for ZEN purchases made through their platform.

Inconvenient, I know. However, it is something that PWE has been forced to do (as with many other publishers in this day and age) to protect themselves against fraudulent purchases.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    other mmos purchaces from steam dont have probation period. how come nwo has one?
  • Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

other mmos purchaces from steam dont have probation period. how come nwo has one?

shhh, don't mention that you might start confusing people... :p