test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add 1 BoA Preversation Ward to the VIP daily bag + x% chance on a Coalescent Ward

elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Now Neverwinter has removed Wards from the Trade Bar store they have unleased a hurricane of angry (VIP) players. I fully understand Neverwinter's spoken and unspoken reasoning behind it (the empty hole in their wallet, but hey...they are a company after all and need to make profit). None the less, I feel the player base is being left out and the VIP's are in need of some sort of compensation. Many people purchased VIP because of these items and let's be honest, the daily keys usually don't give amazing rewards on it's own.

My request:
- Add 1 Preversation ward to the daily enchanted key bag from VIP and make it BoA so that botters can't do anything with it. Make it a 50-30% drop rate if needed.
- Add a rare chance to win a BoA Coalescent Ward from the daily enchanted key bag from VIP as well. The drop chance should be higher than the invocation chance since you are paying for it, but not high enough to take advantage of. (I literally won 1 coalward with 8 character in 2 years from invocation bags...)

Credit to someone in the comments of the hatefull tsunami that had the idea to add the Prev ward in the daily enchanted key bag ;)

Post edited by elvalianon on

Comments

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Not that there is democracy in Faerûn, but you have my vote.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• exorcysexorcys Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    yeah i dont mind. BOA stuff its ok =) u got my vote.
  • kandranelson456kandranelson456 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This is a good idea. How do we circulate it and get the word out? Are you in a guild? Email your guildies, I'll email mine. Maybe we can get the idea rolling so fewer people leave. More people = more fun in game, but the powers that be don't seem to understand that when we have more fun we spend more money. (I do, anyway.) Have you submitted the idea in a ticket? If we got everyone to post the same idea/request, it might have a chance. An influx of the same ticket might make a difference.
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    make all stuff BOA until we rid the game of botters
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited February 2016

This is a good idea. How do we circulate it and get the word out? Are you in a guild? Email your guildies, I'll email mine. Maybe we can get the idea rolling so fewer people leave. More people = more fun in game, but the powers that be don't seem to understand that when we have more fun we spend more money. (I do, anyway.) Have you submitted the idea in a ticket? If we got everyone to post the same idea/request, it might have a chance. An influx of the same ticket might make a difference.

I have told some of my guild members and will tell more to support the idea if they are interested. I also told the NW_Legit_Community channel about this, which has several hundred members.

I did not submit a ticket as that is usually and only for bugs and problems, I think if we can get enough attention drawn to this thread it has a high chance on being seen by the devs and at least thought about or considered. Especially when Andy will see it :)@strumslinger Come check this out!
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'll add a +1 here. I'll also pass it along to the few people in my STO fleet who play NW.

Personally, I think it sucks that the devs removed the wards, but I do understand the issues as to why. I am a VIP, and I would love a chance, even a small one, to get these items without having to spend more money on top of the 3 month VIP I currently hold. I don't mind supporting a game I like but I hate to support it and then have to support it more because of botters and 3rd party sellers. It feels like I have to pay for them to break ToS, when it should be them paying....

But anyway.....
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • exorcysexorcys Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User

Yeah i posted this on my FB guild page so that guildies come here.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    You should know in your heart that this will never happen. Whoever is behind this game's management is hell bent on sucking as much money from the consumers as possible with outrageous prices.
  • xvader99xvader99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    i hope it should be a loot in returning T2 dungeons , for fun and reasonable
    xvader99 said:

i hope it should be a loot in returning T2 dungeons , for fun and reasonable

I highly doubt that. It never was.
    ghoulz66 said:

You should know in your heart that this will never happen. Whoever is behind this game's management is hell bent on sucking as much money from the consumers as possible with outrageous prices.

Well without trying you already lost the battle from the start :) We just shouldn't get too high hopes, but that doesn't hold me from expressing my opinions.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Well without trying you already lost the battle from the start :) We just shouldn't get too high hopes, but that doesn't hold me from expressing my opinions.

Of course you don't see the obvious...

Most people are getting VIP with AD converted to zen. Buying coal wards with tradebars. Gold sellers are doing the same thing.

Nobody is buying coals off zen market. Cryptic mad, cryptic removes coals from TB store.....

edited February 2016
    ghoulz66 said:

Of course you don't see the obvious...

Most people are getting VIP with AD converted to zen. Buying coal wards with tradebars. Gold sellers are doing the same thing.

Nobody is buying coals off zen market. Cryptic mad, cryptic removes coals from TB store.....

Why Ofcourse...? Are you trying to imply something... I know all too well players buy VIP through the ZAX, I have done it in the past as well. That is exactly why I said they should make it 1. a chance, so that the item doesn't ruin Neverwinter's wallet too much. 2, make them BoA so that botters have no use for it to make more AD, only personal gain. They would still need to buy large amounts of the Zenstore. For all I care they make Enchantments BoA too when you use BoA wards.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Items should have been made Bind to Account from the start. It would have killed off the botting problem right there and then. Sure, we would still have gold sellers and stuff but those who acquired items for the sole purpose of re-selling it would have been s*c*r*e*w*e*d. The game is generally quite alt-unfriendly and changing everything but quest drops from Bind to Character --> Bind to Account would have helped in that regard.

Now on to the topic at hand, it's a nice idea Elva but I would propose that the drop rate for invoking coffers is increased massively to compensate for this BS Cryptic pulled on us. It is ridiculous that you have received just ONE Coalescent Ward on eight toons in two years of playing. I've been luckier during my two years of playing but then I haven't seen a Coal Ward in about a month with 10 toons invoking every day.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    lirithiel said:

Items should have been made Bind to Account from the start. It would have killed off the botting problem right there and then. Sure, we would still have gold sellers and stuff but those who acquired items for the sole purpose of re-selling it would have been s*c*r*e*w*e*d. The game is generally quite alt-unfriendly and changing everything but quest drops from Bind to Character --> Bind to Account would have helped in that regard.

Now on to the topic at hand, it's a nice idea Elva but I would propose that the drop rate for invoking coffers is increased massively to compensate for this BS Cryptic pulled on us. It is ridiculous that you have received just ONE Coalescent Ward on eight toons in two years of playing. I've been luckier during my two years of playing but then I haven't seen a Coal Ward in about a month with 10 toons invoking every day.

Indeed, it would be nice if they upgrade the drop rate of Coals from invoking, but since it has nothing to do with VIP I did not include that in this feedback. I do not invoke the full amount on every toon, but at least 1-2 toons make the full invoke round and the others 1-4 times a day, yet nothing... :cold_sweat:
  • kur667kur667 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    even with people buying vip with AD converted to Zen that Zen has been bought by someone meaning money for Cryptic. all in all this seems like a good idea to compensate the vip players.
    r000kie said:

Just made a poll asking people to vote on TB changes. Too bad did not read this post, was a very valid entry. At the rates the preservation wards are burning even at 30% success rate, a daily one would be ok. Every weekend or 2, a guaranteed coal. UNBOUND. This is why I spent 7000 ZEN on VIP 12 for (got advantage of sales, otherwise full price was insane) instead of selling my AD to gold sellers.

Shame you read this too late. Where can I find this poll?
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User

Now Neverwinter has removed Wards from the Trade Bar store they have unleased a hurricane of angry (VIP) players. I fully understand Neverwinter's spoken and unspoken reasoning behind it (the empty hole in their wallet, but hey...they are a company after all and need to make profit). None the less, I feel the player base is being left out and the VIP's are in need of some sort of compensation. Many people purchased VIP because of these items and let's be honest, the daily keys usually don't give amazing rewards on it's own.

My request:
    - Add 1 Preversation ward to the daily enchanted key bag from VIP and make it BoA so that botters can't do anything with it. Make it a 50-30% drop rate if needed.
    - Add a rare chance to win a BoA Coalescent Ward from the daily enchanted key bag from VIP as well. The drop chance should be higher than the invocation chance since you are paying for it, but not high enough to take advantage of. (I literally won 1 coalward with 8 character in 2 years from invocation bags...)

Credit to someone in the comments of the hatefull tsunami that had the idea to add the Prev ward in the daily enchanted key bag ;)

THIS
    i would like this very much since cryptic wont refund anything like the month of vip i purchased for the gaurentee of being able to get coal wards
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

My request:

You have my vote. I ll make sure my guild knows about it as well.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• kaloth69kaloth69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    You have my vote as well :)
    Awesome :) We can use more attention drawn to this topic!
  • ellnoellno Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    No idea what is your BOA thing. So I guess it would not be usefull for me, and I am VIP.
    VIP is supposed to be usefull to everybody, not only to over experienced players who may not be the more numerous people on the server, at least there is other kind of players.
    ellno said:

No idea what is your BOA thing. So I guess it would not be usefull for me, and I am VIP.
    VIP is supposed to be usefull to everybody, not only to over experienced players who may not be the more numerous people on the server, at least there is other kind of players.

BoA means "Boun on Account". I think you misunderstood the entire topic. What I was suggesting is to add a Bound to Account daily Preversation Ward and a x% chance to drop a Bound to Account Coalesent Ward from VIP, like the daily Enchanted Key bag. It will be usefull to basicly anyone, because you can then upgrade or make enchantments.
    Oh OK xD

But well I use this kind of wards only something like once a week =/
    Maybe when I reach lvl 70, I will need more, I don't know at all.
    ellno said:

Oh OK xD

When you are 70 and start gearing properly, you will need alot of them :)
    OK, but I was thinking to better need mass rubish, as it seems I will need several years just to up my artifacts, then I will have weapons to up and enchants. See you in 20 years -.-

I was thinking the big point was the removal of the rubish for trade, am I wrong ?
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    ellno said:

Oh OK xD

Oh baby u can't imagine.

RNG is insanely erratic....hence Random.

I've spend about 3-4 preservation wards on average on the 5% upgrade to mythic....hell I've even upgraded one on the first try (Lantern of revelation and had only 5 pres wards left xD) then tried to upgrade a 20% radiant a few days later....15 damn wards.

So ye, you gonna be feeling some pain post lvl 70 xD