test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What am I supposed to be working towards?

wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
edited February 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I have no way to access most Strongholds content or mastercraft professions since I'm in a small guild, a 1 in 1,000 chance at an orange ring, a 1 in never chance of getting a 140% mount from my VIP keys and now there's no way to upgrade my enchantments without spending actual money. What exactly am I supposed to be working towards in the game now? Everything seems so far out of reach.

I've played since the day beta went open to the public but now I'm really wondering what I can even achieve any more in the game. A new mod that is just full of more repetitive HEs and skirmishes isn't going to help.

I was working towards upgrading my armor enchantment from greater to perfect in March's 2x RP weekend but now with wards going back up to ~500k AD (which is where they were before they were put in the tradebar store) I won't be able to afford that for months so nevermind that. I don't even know what I'm supposed to work towards in the game now. Does anyone have any suggestions?
A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.

Comments

• Options
    omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Yea this was a bad move... putting these in the trade bar store was the only way to finally get some alts some gear! my friend already quite saying he was not "going anywhere" and PVP was to costly! I was happy to get to finally get two or three alts up in gear 3k range, and really wanted 5 chars to jump around on to. lets face it playing one OP tank every day is a bust! they will loose players core players who like me started making gains and now will hit another wall. ow and buy the way through all this you cant log on to PVP strongholds and you rubber band all the time from ddos attacks! I guess they think everything is fabulous so they will just take more away, I mean these guys don't even read these forums? I kid you not they do not read there own games forums!
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • Options
    nickdylannickdylan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Uhh... Do you have all your boons yet? That's all I'm coming up with.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    This game hasn't been all friendly since mod 3. If you want to play the game and get high level enchants etc (legit F2P) the best option is to pick your one favorite class and stick with it.
  • Options
    nickdylan said:

Uhh... Do you have all your boons yet? That's all I'm coming up with.

Yeah I've already got all my boons.
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    Use what ever you have to get a bunch of character slots, and start invoking. Run leadership for RP, and some AD. It's back to the mess they had before they started trying to add incentives for actually playing the game.
  • Options
    hexxxtriphexxxtrip Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Really not a whole lot to work towards at the moment. Even if you grind out all the boons and get BIS gear, you'll find out you're all dressed up with nowhere to go. Nothing in pve at the moment requires even being close to BIS, so you will face roll what content there is get bored and start looking for something else to play.
  • Options

The removal of Wards id a very bad move. At least they are re-balancing Stronghold.

The Stronghold rebalance is only going to help medium and large guilds, not small guilds like mine. My guild still has no chance of ever reaching a boon or killing any of the dragons in SH or anything like that.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

I don't even know what I'm supposed to work towards in the game now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Enlightenment.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    I'm not trying to be a salty keyboard rager. I just want something I can reasonably work towards in the game. Give me a reason to play, I want to love Neverwinter again.